UGH….THIS IS THE WAY MY WEEK IS GOING SO FAR….
your favorite blog is sponsored by PIERSON FORD IN ABERDEEN….well, believe it or not, JANUARY is gone already…and it’s FEBRUARY…..I invite you to stop into PIERSON FORD today and check out the great rebates on 2014’s….plus we have some remaining 2013’s that have HUGE REBATES on them…..
guess what? we have a pre-owned FORD RAPTOR in….check this baby out….
it’s a 2013 FORD F-150 RAPTOR….with only 5,400 miles on it….yep..UNDER SIX THOUSAND MILES ON IT…we don’t get used RAPTORS in very often, so you’d better take advantage of this…..this beauty is absolutely LOADED……..
to find out about this vehicle and many many more vehicles, go to our website at: http://www.piersonford.com/ call us at 1-800-627-1237, or stop and see us in the auto plaza, north highway 281 in ABERDEEN, SOUTH DAKOTA…..
1. HOW ABOUT SOME VALENTINE’S FUNNIES…..
this would be my luck…..(when I was single, of course…)
LOVE THIS ONE….
to some, this is probably what they think…..
YIKES……this candy is for ONE BRAVE MAN…ha ha
even the pesky bugs are in love….
this is probably what my wife thinks most of the time…ha ha….
2. the SUPER BOWL is over….
THANK GOODNESS…holey moley…the SEATTLE SEAHAWKS completely DEMOLISHED the DENVER BRONCOS…….things didn’t start out very well for the BRONCOS….a SAFETY 12 seconds into the game……
this game was hard to watch……and it was so bad that even during the game, people started having fun on twitter and facebook…..
I am not a fan in the least bit of the SEATTLE SEAHAWKS, but they completely deserved to win this game…….
I don’t know which one was more painful for me…..watching the SUPER BOWL, or sitting thru “AMERICAN HUSTLE” Saturday night……
3. SPEAKING OF WHICH……the movie “AMERICAN HUSTLE” is garnering all sorts of praise and is up for many many awards……and, my wife and I DON’T KNOW WHY….this was a very disappointing movie, in our own opinions……we figured that with an all star cast, this movie would blow us away….but to no avail…..
it just goes to show that “common people” like us, most times don’t like the “critically acclaimed” movies….a couple of exceptions to that were “NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN”, and “TITANIC.” we loved both of those movies and still watch them when we can……
4. oh, and one more note on the Super Bowl….the game was so bad that I think it made the commercials suck, too…..we had eight of us watching the big game, and we all agreed that the commercials weren’t as strong as previous years…..my favorite?
THE 80’S RADIO SHACK COMMERCIAL….
5. well, Sunday was a sad day….we learned of the death of actor PHILIP SEYMOUR HOFFMAN at the young age of 46….this guy was such a convincing actor…..how do I know that? because I didn’t like him in most of his roles….a lot of the time he played a “smarmy, smart alec” type guy………
my all time favorite role for PHILIP SEYMOUR HOFFMAN was in the movie “DOUBT” with MERYL STREEP…..
he also was incredible in the movie about TRUMAN CAPOTE, appropriately called “CAPOTE.”
authorities say that he died of a “possible heroin overdose.” ummm…I realize it needs to be “OFFICIAL” from authorities, but when a guy dies with a NEEDLE WITH HEROIN IN IT, EMBEDDED IN HIS ARM, that’s a pretty positive sign……and yesterday we found out that he had around 80 containers of heroin in his place…..another sad ending to a HOLLYWOOD great……
6. we also found out yesterday that WALTER MONDALE’S wife JOAN died at the age of 83….she was known as “JOAN OF ART” because of her promotion of fine arts in her life….but it was the strong backbone to her hubby WALTER MONDALE’S political career……
JOAN MONDALE did a lot of great things in her life that she will be remembered for, for a long long time…….
WALTER MONDALE was our 42nd, VICE PRESIDENT…..he’s still around….he’s now 86 years old…..
7. ON TO SOME HAPPIER NEWS…..
comedian DAVID BRENNER turns 78 today…yeah…78…seems hard to believe……DAVID BRENNER is a funnyman who has been on the stand up circuit since the 70’s…you probably remember him from numerous appearances on “THE TONIGHT SHOW WITH JOHNNY CARSON.”
this is kind of weird, but I always thought that DAVID BRENNER reminded me of GRANDFATHER CLOCK on “CAPTAIN KANGAROO.” must have been the lips…..
DAVID BRENNER was recently named the 53rd best standup comedians of all time….53 out of 100…not bad…here is DAVID BRENNER today at 78……
8. and tomorrow, WEDNESDAY, beautiful actress JENNIFER JASON LEIGH will turn 52….staying just ahead of me….I always had a crush on her…..
did you know that JENNIFER JASON LEIGH is the daughter of actor VIC MORROW?
If you remember correctly, her Dad was killed while filming the movie “THE TWILIGHT ZONE.” Back in 1982, while filming the movie, VIC MORROW and two child stars were about 24 feet above ground in a helicopter, when pyrotechnics hit the helicopter and made it crash, killing all aboard….sad……
anyway, back to his daughter, JENNIFER JASON LEIGH……I absolutely loved her in “FAST TIMES AT RIDGEMONT HIGH.”
and she played a very convincing psycho opposite BRIDGET FONDA in the movie “SINGLE WHITE FEMALE.”
here’s JENNIFER JASON LEIGH today at 52….still pretty hot, in my estimation……
9. NEED A QUICK MUSIC BREAK?
I was thinking about these two songs lately…so, feel free to watch them and sing along…..
here’s the 1979 hit by ROGER VOUDORIS called “GET USED TO IT.” yes, obviously a one hit wonder…..
and, I have been singing this one in my head for a couple of weeks……BENNY MARDONES and “INTO THE NIGHT”….great song…..
10. JOKE OF THE DAY:
A man arrives at the Pearly Gates and St. Peter asks him if he’s done any good. The man says no. So St. Peter asks the man to give an account of his bravery. The man says, “I was refereeing a match in London between England and Germany. The score was 0-0 and there was only one more minute of play when I awarded a penalty against England.” “Yes,” responds St. Peter, “That was a real act of bravery. Can you tell me when this took place?” “Certainly,” the man replies. “About three minutes ago.”
HAVE A GREAT DAY….