OH YEAH…I BELIEVE THIS….
Your favorite blog is sponsored by PIERSON FORD IN ABERDEEN….Hey, we have some delicious lease specials right now……Great lease specials on FORD F150’S, FORD EDGES, the FORD FOCUS, FORD ESCAPE and so many more….Get a hold of us for all the details…..
(you can see how smart I am taking pictures…you can see me in the glass…ha ha)
Anywho, PIERSON FORD is also your home for incredible pre-owned vehicles….We actually have almost every make and model on the lot!!! Not just the awesome FORD’S, but other brands too…..
Stop and see us today at PIERSON FORD in ABERDEEN, SOUTH DAKOTA…..We are located in the auto plaza, north highway 281……..call us at 1-800-627-1237, or go online at http://piersonford.com/
1. first and foremost, I want to wish a very happy 43rd birthday to my sister LISA…..Yep, today is my sister LISA’S birthday, in April it’s my brother Troy and my sister Krista, and in May it’s my 50th…..My brother Trevor is the only oddball in birthdays….He has to wait until October………
Here is a photo of my beautiful family…..This is my MAMA and her five kids….I am in the black in the back, and the birthday girl is in the bottom left next to MAMA…..
2. LET’S HAVE SOME FUN…..
this guy looks a little “flushed.”
OH NO…SAY IT’S NOT SO…..(one of my favorite comedians, by the way)
I may have to steal this sign idea for my church……very creative…….
hmmm…never thought of this….
Geez…I have done some dumb things before, but this takes the cake….ha ha…..
I CAN’T BELIEVE THAT SOMEONE GOT MY LETTER!!! Yep, it’s been much warmer in our region the last couple of days….Just days ago I was outside with my hat on, my gloves on, my winter coat on, and my jacket pulled over my face to keep warm…..Today, I’m outside WITH NO COAT ON….gorgeous day……..
Yesterday my beautiful wife and I got to head outside in the warm weather….We walked four miles yesterday…..It felt so good…….I think I could have walked farther, which I should have taken advantage of, because, no doubt, I will get tired of walking very soon….ha ha……
4. There’s only one think I dislike more than the “FLO” commercials from “PROGRESSIVE.” And that’s when FLO SINGS!!!! Gives me the willy’s……ATTENTION FLO…YOU TEN MINUTES OF FAME ARE OVER……Being in the media business for 25 years, I understand how important commercials are….However, we seem to run certain “characters” into the ground……Like, oh, I don’t know….JARED FROM SUBWAY…..Yep, it’s time to get a new pitch person for “PROGRESSIVE.”
By the way, the most creative commercials out there? GEICO….love their ads……
5. I’m sure you all know teenybopper legend BOBBY VEE…..
He got his unreal start by filling in for BUDDY HOLLY, THE BIG BOPPER, AND RICHIE VALENS in FARGO-MOORHEAD, after the three stars were killed in the plane crash on “THE DAY THE MUSIC DIED.” Well, things haven’t gone so well for BOBBY VEE….He is suffering from Alzheimers……sad……but, guess what? HE JUST RELEASED A BRAND NEW ALBUM…yep, the now 70 year old did ONE FINAL ALBUM called “THE ADOBE SESSIONS.” more about that soon…..
See if you remember a couple of BOBBY VEE hits……
My MAMA used to have the biggest crush on this guy……..You probably also remember hits like “RUBBER BALL”, “THE NIGHT HAS A THOUSAND EYES”, “MORE THAN I CAN SAY” and dozens more……
So, BOBBY VEE and his boys and band went to his studio in ST. JOSEPH, MINNESOTA and recorded “THE ADOBE SESSIONS.” I give him a lot of respect and admiration for doing this project, especially with that horrible disease…..But he did it…..In case you want to buy this CD, here’s the cover of it so you can recognize it…..
And here is the legend, BOBBY VEE today at 70……
6. I would like to play for you, my two favorite songs by BOBBY VEE….
here is my all time favorite song from him…My brothers and I like to sing three part harmony on this song…..”COME BACK WHEN YOU GROW UP.”
And here’s the classic “THE NIGHT HAS A THOUSAND EYES.”
7. remember the show “MY TWO DADS?” Remember the theme song?
Did you know that one of the stars of the show, GREG EVIGAN co-wrote and sang the theme? Well, you know now!!!!
We are going to find out whatever happened to the three stars of the show…….
First, the cast photos….
Let’s start out first with the beautiful STACI KEANAN who played “NICOLE.” She was only 12 years old when she was on the show……She played “NICOLE” from 1987-1990, and then from 1991-1998 she starred in “STEP BY STEP.”
STACI KEANAN is now 38 years old and is drop dead gorgeous…..
GREG EVIGAN played “JOEY.” You probably also remember him from the tv show “B.J. AND THE BEAR.”
GREG EVIGAN is now 60 years old, and ladies, is quite THE HUNK….
PAUL REISER played “MICHAEL” on the show……PAUL has appeared in dozens of projects since “MY TWO DADS”, but is probably most remembered for playing opposite HELEN HUNT on the hit tv show “MAD ABOUT YOU.”
PAUL REISER is now 56 years old and every time I see him, he reminds me of my friend GRANT…..Here he is today….
8. This just about broke my heart…..
A dad lost his son…….Evidently his son died at a very young age……The dad did something that absolutely brought tears to my eyes…..He took a note his son wrote and had it tattooed on him….IT BRINGS TEARS TO MY EYES….
9. We are now three weeks away from my boys and I going to MINNEAPOLIS for a few days together…I seriously cannot spend enough time with my boys, and we are going to have a BLAST at that time….We have tickets to the MINNESOTA WILD VS. PITTSBURGH PENGUINS hockey game….My son TYLER cheers for the PENGUINS….my son MITCHELL cheers for the DETROIT RED WINGS, so I don’t know what the heck he will do…ha ha…..Both TYLER AND I are lobbying him to wear one of our jerseys….Of course, as you know, I am a huge MINNESOTA WILD fan…….
10. JOKE OF THE DAY:
Over breakfast one morning, a woman said to her husband, “I bet you don’t know what day this is.” “Of course I do,” he irritatingly answered, going out the door to the office. At 11 AM, the doorbell rang, and when the woman opened the door, she was handed a bouquet of red roses. At 2 PM, a two pound box of her favorite chocolates arrived. Later, a boutique delivered a designer dress. The woman couldn’t wait for her husband to come home. “First the flowers, then the chocolates, and then the dress!” she exclaimed. “I’ve never had a more wonderful ‘Independence day’ in all my life!”
ENJOY YOUR WEEK!!!