YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! I DIDN’T THINK SPRING WOULD GET HERE THIS YEAR!!!!!!!!!!
Your favorite blog is sponsored by PIERSON FORD IN ABERDEEN…Well, we have had some super nice days in the past couple of weeks….The weather has been nice, the people have been great, and new and pre-owned vehicles have been leaving the lot quickly!!!! Today is the time to stop by PIERSON FORD and check out our incredible inventory…..Many parents are thinking about getting their kids a new vehicle for graduation. My suggestion is that you start your shopping at PIERSON FORD….Why? Because at PIERSON FORD, our vehicles are gone thru bumper to bumper when they come in. If something needs to be taken care of, we do it…..There are a few places where this procedure is not done. You can leave the lot happy and fulfilled knowing that you got a vehicle at a great price, and it’s mechanically sound and ready to hit the highways!!!!!
And, remember, we carry ALL MAKES AND MODELS of pre-owned, and only the best in the new side…FORD…..
Stop by and see PIERSON FORD in the auto plaza in ABERDEEN, SOUTH DAKOTA…Call us at 1-800-627-1237, or check out the inventory at http://piersonford.com/
1. LET’S SHARE A LAUGH OR TWO!!!!
I must have gone thru DOZENS AND DOZENS OF THESE….
I might patent these coffee cups…I could make a MINT….
Here’s one that, probably, only music people will understand….still funny, though…..
WOW….I am sure glad I didn’t go to this SKOOL…..
I have done some stupid things in my life, and I continue to do so….THIS, HOWEVER, WOULD NOT BE ONE OF THEM…..
WHERE THE HECK WAS THIS DOCTOR WHEN I WAS A KID?
2. GREAT NEWS!!!! Since we last spoke, my WARNER MONARCHS girls basketball team won the STATE “B” TOURNAMENT IN SOUTH DAKOTA!!! It is the second straight year that they have won it, plus, they won the STATE ‘B’ VOLLEYBALL TOURNEY two years in a row……..
and the best news?
MY WARNER MONARCHS ARE NOW THE ONLY TEAM IN SOUTH DAKOTA SPORTS HISTORY TO WIN BACK TO BACK VOLLEYBALL AND BASKETBALL TITLES IN THE SAME YEARS….isn’t that awesome? What an honor for these girls……I will tell you what….For being so successful, these girls are all friendly and grounded. They work together, and usually have different top scorers each game. They play a very unselfish game and that’s what makes champions!!!
The championship game went overtime with my MONARCHS winning. IT WAS AWESOME FUN!!!!
I had a great time on championship night with my sister KRISTA and my beautiful niece BRICELYN. Here we are together…Isn’t she a cutie pie?
3. I love a good quote…..And next to YOGI BERRA, nobody has better quotes than the late great WILL ROGERS…..This is among my faves……
4. Oh, speaking of sports!!!!!
My TENNESSEE VOLUNTEERS men’s basketball team is in the big dance….March Madness has begun, and last night my VOLS took it to IOWA…Great game…It went into overtime, with my favorite team outscoring IOWA 14-1 in overtime……You normally don’t see teams dominate like that in overtime………KEEP GOING VOLS….I know it’s not going to last deep into the tourney, but until it ends, I will enjoy the ride…….
The even better news is my TENNESSEE VOLS women’s basketball team…..
They are going to be tougher than nails, and have the chance to win YET ANOTHER national championship!!!! I LOVE MY VOLS!!!!
5. Here is a funny from Lenten Services last night at ST. JOHN’S in HECLA….. I was just finishing up the service and was going to introduce the last hymn. I decided that I would promote, once again, that next Wednesday’s service would rotate to TRINITY LUTHERAN in HOUGHTON….And I also announced that I will continue my sermon series about important people in the Easter story….so, I said, “This week we featured NICODEMUS….Next Wednesday we will feature……ummmm……ummmmm…wow, I JUST WENT BLANK.” To which everyone started giggling….And, so I finished with this….”NEXT WEEK WE WILL FEATURE SOME GUY FROM THE BIBLE.” This got a lot of laughs, and provided a good way to end a great service…..I am not afraid to laugh at myself…That’s how I got thru 25 years of radio…ha ha…..
6. I have a good friend named DANELLE who took her Papa to see country star JOHN CONLEE in WATERTOWN, SOUTH DAKOTA last week….I was planning on going, but I forgot about the show until I saw on Facebook that DANELLE was there….I was totally jealous…..What really made me jealous is that she got to see JOHN CONLEE sing one of my top ten favorite country songs OF ALL TIME….
I just think that “ROSE COLORED GLASSES” is about the perfect country song….Great vocals…Powerful message….Waltz type theme to the song….PERFECT SONG……Before I play the song, here’s what JOHN CONLEE looks like today at 67 years old…..Including one with his famous glasses that he always wears while he sings that great song……
7. And now, without further adieu, here’s JOHN CONLEE with “ROSE COLORED GLASSES.” I get goosebumps hearing this song……By the way, JOHN CONLEE is a former radio disc jockey, and a former MORTICIAN….Yeah…He jokes that he still keeps his license current in case this country music thing doesn’t work out….At least I THINK he’s kidding…….
8. Sad news since we last spoke…..A guy I featured a while back has died….Comedian DAVID BRENNER died at the age of 78 from that dreaded disease, cancer…..DAVID BRENNER made over 150 appearances on “THE TONIGHT SHOW WITH JOHNNY CARSON”, both as a guest and as a guest host……He was actually a favorite of JOHNNY CARSON….A lot of people loved his observational humor….
Here’s a couple of later in life photos of DAVID BRENNER…THANK YOU MR. BRENNER FOR ALL OF THE LAUGHS….REST IN PEACE…..
9. The very beautiful actress HOLLY HUNTER turns 56 today…….You probably remember her from many movies, but did you know that she got her start in the 1981 horror movie “THE BURNING?” She is on the left, obviously……
HOLLY HUNTER won an ACADEMY AWARD for her role in the movie “THE PIANO.”
She was incredible in “BROADCAST NEWS.”
But, probably my favorite HOLLY HUNTER movie was with RICHARD DREYFUSS in the movie “ALWAYS.”
Here is the gorgeous HOLLY HUNTER today at 56……
10. JOKE OF THE DAY:
Little girl: “Why does Grandma say, ‘Cluck, cluck, cluck?'” Mother: “Because she thinks she’s a chicken.” Little girl: “Why don’t you tell her she’s not a chicken?” Mother: “Because we need the eggs.”
OR HOW ABOUT THIS ONE….
A old snake goes to see his Doctor. “Doc, I need something for my eyes…can’t see well these days”. The Doc fixes him up with a pair of glasses and tells him to return in 2 weeks. The snake comes back in 2 weeks and tells the doctor he’s very depressed. Doc says, “What’s the problem…didn’t the glasses help you?” “The glasses are fine doc, I just discovered I’ve been living with a water hose the past 2 years!”
HAVE A GREAT DAY…