WHATEVER!!!! two nice days in a row….five cold, snowy days in a row…C’MON OLD LADY NATURE…..PICK A SEASON AND GO WITH IT!!!!!
Your favorite blog is brought to you by PIERSON FORD IN ABERDEEN….Seriously, there wouldn’t be a blog without these fine folks……We invite you in to PIERSON FORD today, because it’s the “end of the month savings.” We have our pre-owned lot specially priced, with literally every make and model of vehicles out there…..Every price range as well….On the new side, the trailers keep coming in practically daily with new FORDS…..I have never seen a lot full of FORD TRUCKS like we have here at PIERSON FORD……
The easiest thing to do is to go online and check out our incredible inventory at http://piersonford.com/ call us at 1-800-627-1237, or better yet, come and see us….grab a cup of coffee and visit with us in the auto plaza, north highway 281 in ABERDEEN, SOUTH DAKOTA…we are PIERSON FORD and we’re ready to be your lifelong place to find the best vehicles around!!!
1. LET’S HAVE SOME FUN…..
ummm….yeah….I’ve pulled worms out of the ground, but I am NOT doing this!!!!!!
maybe someone should take their own advice!!!!
This would probably be my Mom back in the 70’s with us kids…..ha ha….
a great line from “SPACE BALLS.” “WHAT’S THE MATTER COLONEL SANDERS? CHICKEN?”
And finally, some wisdom…possibly…..
2. CONSTRUCTION BEGINS IMMEDIATELY AT OUR HOUSE…..
My wife said, “how lazy do you have to be that you can’t open a bottle?” true…true…..
3. With birthday number 50 about five weeks away, I have been thinking about some things….The main thing is this….I DON’T WANT TO GET AN “AARP” CARD IN THE MAIL….I already have some friends who turned 50 and they said they have their cards……NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO THAT…..Does that mean I get to be like some older people and stand by the cash register at food places and argue over a dime?
4. Some sad news…..Actor James Rebhorn died a few days ago…….you might be saying, “WHO?” Well, I admit that the name JAMES REBHORN is not a household name, but I guarantee you will recognize his face…..He had been in over 100 tv shows and movies…….including playing FRANK MATHISON recently on the hit tv show “HOMELAND.”
He played BEN STILLER’S wise cracking father in law in the movie “MEET THE PARENTS.”
He was also in the movie “SCENT OF A WOMAN.”
Another one of his famous roles was in the movie “MY COUSIN VINNY.” JAMES REBHORN died last Friday at the age of 65 from melanoma, which he has had since 1992….Here’s a recent picture of him….
5. we have done this before, and we’ll do it again…ladies and gentlemen…FIVE MORE OF THE WORST ALBUM COVERS….EVER!!!!
The only thing I have to say to this is……WHAT?
I can’t imagine what songs are on this album…..
Here’s an album that really “DELIVERS.” Wow…that was bad even for me……
As if we haven’t plugged KFC enough already……
This HAS TO BE church ladies singing hymns, right?
6. I CAN’T WAIT FOR FRIDAY NIGHT…..my TENNESSEE VOLS men’s basketball team is in the “SWEET SIXTEEN.” They play MICHIGAN on Friday night…Should be one heck of a game….All I can say is “GO BIG ORANGE.”
And to make matters even more fun, our women’s basketball team is still cruising, too….It’s a great time to be a VOLS FAN!!!
7. My MINNESOTA WILD had better get their heads out of you no where…..They need to keep winning to make the playoffs, PLUS, the boys and I are going to see them on April 5th, so they had better be ready to win!!! The WILD won in overtime the other night, and then were CRUSHED last night….UP AND DOWN…That has been their season this year…..
I might even have a man crush on a new addition to the MINNESOTA WILD….It’s MATT MOULSON…He has been superb since joining the team…..alright…LET’S GO WILD…..Turn this baby around and put a huge winning streak together…..
8. Oh, and ONE MORE ALBUM….This one is quite possibly the CREEPIEST album cover I have ever seen….Where is “DATELINE NBC” when you need them?
9. Singer NICK LOWE turned 65 this past Monday…..Don’t know the name? Well, you’ll know his big big hit!!!
Did you know that NICK LOWE was once married to JUNE CARTER CASH’S daughter CARLENE CARTER? She is also the daughter of country legend CARL SMITH, and she was a country star in her own right back in the 90’s with numerous hits…..
Here are a couple of pictures of NICK LOWE recently…..
10. okay…CRANK UP THE SPEAKERS….I truly believe that this was one of the absolute BEST songs of 1979….NICK LOWE and “CRUEL TO BE KIND.”
He also had a hit that most of you will recognize…”I KNEW THE BRIDE WHEN SHE USED TO ROCK AND ROLL.”
NICK LOWE also had one of the most clever album titles ever….a greatest hits album called “16 ALL TIME LOWES.” love it…..
11. JOKE OF THE DAY:
I heard that a leper was in a bad car accident the other day….He apparently forgot to take his foot off the accelerator…….
GROAN……HERE’S A BETTER ONE…..(one of my favorites…)
A man goes skydiving. After a fantastic free fall he pulls the rip cord to open his parachute but nothing happens. He tries everything but can’t get it open. Just then another man flies by him, going UP. The skydiver yells, “Hey, you know anything about parachutes? The man replies, “No, you know anything about gas stoves?
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYBODY….