WELL, I GUESS THIS IS ONE POSITIVE FOR A COLD CRAPPY WINTER……
Your favorite blog is sponsored by PIERSON FORD IN ABERDEEN….
March is the time to buy a new FORD…..why? Because there are some decent lease specials out there….Because there are some great incentives on 2014’s already…..And, because you deserve to get into a different vehicle!!!
With the possible coming of spring, (ha ha) people are excited to check out the new FORD cars…..I am here to tell you that you cannot, I repeat, CANNOT go wrong with a 2014 FORD FOCUS….
You can get into one for under $20,000 dollars brand new, and we have incredible lease specials on them right now……Many people are getting ready to find a vehicle for their kids that might be graduating and getting ready for college……the FORD FOCUS is it…..Many people are trying to find a vehicle that is economical and gets good gas mileage….the FORD FOCUS is it….stop by PIERSON FORD in ABERDEEN and check it out…We are located in the auto plaza, north highway 281….call us at 1-800-627-1237, or see us online at http://piersonford.com/
1. LET’S GET CRAZY…..
HERE ARE A COUPLE FOR NEW DADDIES….OR ALL OF US THAT REMEMBER THOSE DAYS…..
YU MITE WUNT 2 GIT SPEL CHEK NEXCT TYME……
I hope my wife isn’t reading this today, because I am SO going to try this game…..
ATTENTION CLASS…..START YOUR PENCILS!!!!
2. GOODBYE MY FRIEND…..
Ash Wednesday is tomorrow, and it kicks off the Lenten season…..I challenged my youth group kids to give up something for Lent and I told them I will do it too…..And so, I gave up Diet Pepsi……actually, I gave up pop completely………I thought about giving up heroin, but apparently you have to give up something you’re ACTUALLY using……I just figured that it wouldn’t be hard to give up something I’ve never seen before……..
3. My heart broke yesterday….I had a lunch with a good friend of mine who is a Pastor in this area, and she announced to me that she is leaving…..I am so happy for her, but sad for me….This terrific young lady has been my sounding board when I needed it…..She has been my rock when it comes to helping me with my Christian journey…..And, she officiated my PAPA’S funeral with another pastoral friend of mine….You don’t ever forget events like that…..I will always cherish her friendship…..I sincerely hope that we keep in contact, but as every person in the world knows, sometimes it gets hard when you get back into the full swing of things…..Thank you Pastor Nancy for all you have done for me….I love you, and I will miss you greatly!!!!
***on a side note, the OTHER Pastor who helped Pastor Nancy with my PAPA’S funeral is also leaving this summer…..I will miss her greatly as well…She has been my Pastor for almost 20 years…..WOW GIRLS…WAS IT SOMETHING I SAID?
4. Well, another Academy Awards show is history….I didn’t watch much of it…..I wasn’t excited about this year’s show…..I had seen some of the movies, but there was only a couple that I actually enjoyed……I loved “AUGUST, OSAGE COUNTY” with MERYL STREEP and JULIA ROBERTS….I loved “CAPTAIN PHILLIPS” with TOM HANKS….but other than that, I didn’t care for some of the “nominated” movies that were up this year…..I will admit that I cannot wait to see “12 YEARS A SLAVE.” I have heard that it is very emotional and sometimes hard to watch…..but sometimes that’s what makes a great movie……..”AMERICAN HUSTLE” was a great disappointment….which you already knew if you read my blog all the time…..
ELLEN DEGENERES hosted the award show again this year…….I like ELLEN, but I’m not a “diehard fan” like some people are…..I watched her opening monologue which seemed kind of “dark” and also “RICKY GERVAIS” kind of humor…in other words, picking on certain celebs….I honestly don’t think you need to do those things to be funny…..
the crudest one? her comment to LIZA MINNELLI…..ELLEN said something like “we have a really great LIZA MINNELLI impersonator in the crowd tonight…..welcome SIR.” LIZA didn’t look all too please….I wouldn’t have been either…….
Some of the gags, I hear, went on forever like handing out pizza to the crowd…..But one of her gags went worldwide….she took a “selfie” picture with some other stars and it went viral and, from what she said, shut down twitter, and then became the biggest re-tweeted photo of all time….apparently….here’s the pic…..
5. Another actress is gone….You probably won’t know here name, but you’ll know her character……MARY GRACE CANFIELD died at the age of 89 a few days ago……don’t know the name? you’ll know the character…..
She played the “handywoman” RALPH MONROE on the hit tv series “GREEN ACRES.” She is seen above with EDDIE ALBERT…..She was the “RALPH” part of “RALPH AND ALF” on the show…..
here’s MARY GRACE CANFIELD in her later years…..
WHICH LEADS US TO OUR NEXT ONE……
6. WHERE ARE THEY TODAY?
There is only ONE remaining cast member of “GREEN ACRES” who is still alive….who is it? EB DAWSON played by TOM LESTER……
Here he is with PAT BUTTRAM who played “MR. HANEY”….PAT died in 1994 at the age of 78……
And here’s a cast photo…….
TOM LESTER is now 75 years old…and is an evangelist…..and from what I hear, AN INCREDIBLE EVANGELIST…..
TOM LESTER had a remarkable character on a great show….A character that people loved….and his “stumblin’ bumblin’ character of EB DAWSON will always be remembered….In fact, the character is, and was, so popular that TOM LESTER’S web site takes a line from that character…..
7. In South Dakota we have five seasons……Winter, Spring, Fall, Summer…and….ROAD CONSTRUCTION…..
isn’t that the truth? I think I have already wasted one set of shocks on my car and the season hasn’t “officially” begun……Some of the potholes are already ridiculous…..and the people that work on roads have my UTMOST RESPECT…..They have a job to do, and it’s a thankless job…..I feel for them…..They work their tails off to provide good roads for us….What we have to remember is that fixing the roads is their job……Getting the money for the fixing is someone else’s job….If some roads aren’t fixed right away, it’s not the construction people’s faults….It’s probably the repair money that’s stuck in some stupid political circus that goes on in our governments…….
8. Happy birthday wishes are going out today to actress CATHERINE O’HARA…she hits a milestone today…She turns 60…….CATHERINE O’HARA is not a household name, but you will certainly remember her roles……
I first saw her on the hit late night tv show “SCTV.” She played many many many different characters…..and usually played them “spot on.” she is on the very right side of this picture….
You will also remember CATHERINE O’HARA from the movie “BEETLEJUICE.”
But, you will CERTAINLY remember her as the mom on “HOME ALONE.”
Here she is with her “movie son” MACAULAY CULKIN…want to feel old? He is now 33 years old…..
Here’s CATHERINE O’HARA today…looking spectacular at 60……
9. This might also make you feel old today….yesterday, BUD BUNDY turned 40….Well, not BUD, but actor DAVID FAUSTINO who played the character….FORTY!!!! wow….
Here’s DAVID FAUSTINO today at 40, including a recent picture of the cast…..
10. JOKE OF THE DAY:
George W. Bush, Dick Cheney, Colin Powell, and Bill Clinton were on the yellow brick road, going to see the Wizard of Oz. When they got there, the Wizard of Oz said they could each have one wish. ”I want to have brains,” said George W. POOF! He got some brains. ”I want to have a heart,” said Dick Cheney. POOF! He had a heart. ”I want to have courage,” said Colin Powell. POOF! He had courage. Finally it was former President, Bill Clinton’s turn. ”Well, what do you want?” asked the Wizard. Clinton thought a moment and asked, ”Ummm… Is Dorothy around?”
HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY EVERYBODY!!!