FIRST, THE SERIOUS NEWS….
Unfortunately my blog is going to be ending next week after all of these years of doing it. I no longer have the time to do it anymore, and, frankly, I have become bored doing it, and that’s not a good sign. I take this time to thank all of you for the years of reading the blog, and maybe we’ll meet another day…possibly next April Fools Day….hee hee hee
I AM STARTING TO FEEL THIS WAY…..
More on the weather in just a bit….
Your favorite blog is sponsored by PIERSON FORD IN ABERDEEN….Well, another month of sales is in the books….and now April rolls around already…..FORD will no doubt be changing their programs and their rebates, so I will keep you posted….But, I will say this….Right now, PIERSON FORD has the absolute BEST inventory in of quality FORD products….Have you ever driven the FORD EDGE? It is unbelievable…..I don’t think I have EVER had a customer take a ride in an EDGE and not fall in love with it…..And if you’re looking for a FORD-F-150, we have darn near 100 on the lot!!! And in the backlot….and in the sidelot….you get my drift……But, PIERSON FORD doesn’t only have new FORD’S…we carry a complete line of pre-owned vehicles of every make and model….including SIXTEEN CHEVY IMPALAS….That’s right, SIXTEEN….And truthfully, they are selling like hotcakes…..
Call us at PIERSON FORD in ABERDEEN, SOUTH DAKOTA…Our toll free phone number is 1-800-627-1237. You can also check out our complete inventory at http://piersonford.com/ or, better yet, stop and see us in the auto plaza in ABERDEEN!!!!
1. LET’S SHARE A LAUGH TOGETHER…..
I THINK I RESEMBLE THIS REMARK….
I was never good at science, but even I understood this one…ha ha….
Sounds like these two old folks are in for a good fight…..
Hmmm….I never thought of this next one before…..
AND THEN THE FIGHT BEGAN…..
2. Okay, I just talked about the weather a little bit ago….Just in case you’re not from this area, YESTERDAY SUCKED….Just when we think we’ve turned the corner to plunge into Spring, crap happens like yesterday….We were under a BLIZZARD WARNING all day long, and we had snow and 40-55 mph winds…..For those of you who don’t like in that kind of climate, those two are NOT a good combination…….Here is a picture from the storm yesterday…Yes, that is a stop sign in the picture….Do you see it?
We ended up with only 3.3 inches of snow in ABERDEEN, but there were many area of our region that got around a FOOT of new snow. My wife and I live about ten miles from ABERDEEN, and the ride home yesterday was HORRIBLE….There were points of the trip where you couldn’t see the front of the car….Horrible….And to make matters worse, I walked outside this morning to drifts in my driveway that went up past my knee!!! Many driveways in our town were empty…But, no, not ours…..By the way, the wind blew so hard that I figured most of our snow ended up in OKLAHOMA!!!!
3. As I am writing this, my WASHINGTON REDSKINS are talking with the agent of former EAGLE’S wide receiver DESEAN JACKSON….You have probably heard some stories on the sports about how he may be involved in gang relationships and such….Well, I will tell you this….I WELCOME him to our team, if we can sign him….He is an incredible talent….And you have DESEAN JACKSON running down one side of the field and PIERRE GARCON running down the other side? I SAY, “YES PLEASE.” Time will tell…..I hope we can pull this off……
4. Did you hear about the horrible fans at a TEXAS RANGER’S game? Baseball is getting in full swing, so fans are showing up, drinking and having fun….Well, the TEXAS RANGERS dedicated a statue to their fan, SHANNON STONE and his son COOPER….You may remember that SHANNON STONE fell to his death at a RANGER’S game in recent times…..And so, the TEXAS RANGER’S dedicate a statue to him memory, and fans apparently can’t tell the difference between a statue and a garbage can…THIS IS DISGUSTING…..
This is pathetic…..Fans should know better……And the disrespect to the late fan is almost unbearable……
5. Speaking of baseball, did you hear what happened to legendary baseball player DON BAYLOR? He was catching the ceremonial first pitch yesterday, and BROKE HIS LEG….I was going to post the video, but it is way too gruesome to show….You will have to look it up on youtube.com if you want to see it….It literally turned my stomach when I saw it!!!
6. One more sporting story……my MINNESOTA WILD won last night against the LOS ANGELES KINGS….The exciting part of it is, that the WILD must continue to win to get into the playoffs…They currently are in, but have to stay ahead of the two teams behind them….If they would lose a couple in a row, they may not make the playoffs…….Great game last night….
The MINNESOTA WILD have a couple of tough games this week…..They play the world champion CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS in CHICAGO Thursday night, and then they host the PITTSBURGH PENGUINS in ST. PAUL….I am so pumped, because my boys and I will be at that game!!! KEEP PLUGGIN AWAY WILD!!!!
7. AND THE BATTLE IS ON…..
Here are the stats……CHICK-FIL-A has about 1,775 stores nationwide….KFC has 4491 stores…..Way more KFC stores……Who sold the most last year?
CHICK-FIL-A…..yep….They had five billion dollars in sales, KFC had 4.2 billion….And to add to that story? CHICK-FIL-A are closed on Sundays because of religious reasons…..I ate at a CHICK-FIL-A one time…It was pretty good stuff……But, I’m still a freak for KFC’S extra crispy chicken, and I go crazy for their coleslaw…..AND WHO DOESN’T LOVE THEIR SPORKS…..
8. Last night I watched one of my favorite movies of the 80’s…..It was from 1986, and was the story of a talking, feeling robot….remember the movie?
That’s right, it’s “SHORT CIRCUIT.” it’s the movie that brought us great lines like “JOHNNY FIVE ALIVE,” “NO DISASEMBLE” and “I AM STANDING HERE BESIDE MYSELF.” Love that movie….Let’s find out what the stars look like today…..
First of all, we have to feature the robot, “JOHNNY FIVE.” Here is the original robot…..
And here he is today….
STEVE GUTTENBERG played “NEWTON CROSBY” the guy that helped create the robot….You probably will also remember him from the “POLICE ACADEMY” movies…..
STEVE GUTTENBERG is now 55 years old…Here he is today….
I used to have a crush on ALLY SHEEDY…She starred in “THE BREAKFAST CLUB”, among other movies….In “SHORT CIRCUIT” she played STEPHANIE….
ALLY SHEEDY is still beautiful at 51…..
I think the guy who steals the movie is actor FISHER STEVENS…He played “BEN JABITUYA.” He has a great accent and absolutely murders classic phrases that we use everyday….Good stuff….
Hmm…FISHER STEVENS is my age…He just turned 50…….
Actor AUSTIN PENDLETON plays “DR. HOWARD MARNER.”
He doesn’t have a very recognizable name, but we’ve seen him in numerous movies…..He is now 74 years old…..
And finally, G.W. BAILEY played the character of “CAPTAIN SKROEDER.” He was an annoying policeman type character…G.W. plays that kind of character superbly….Like in the “POLICE ACADEMY” movies with STEVE GUTTENBERG…
G.W. BAILEY is now 69 years old….
Voice actor TIM BLANEY did the incredible voice of the robot “JOHNNY FIVE.” BLANEY has also done many other famous voices, including the PUG dog on one of the “MEN IN BLACK” movies….
It’s fun to sit down and watch a great movie from years ago…..Many movies don’t seem as good today as they did back then…”SHORT CIRCUIT” didn’t fit that mold….That movie is still hilarious and entertaining…….
9. I am a big fan of ferris wheels…….HOWEVER, I think I would avoid the new one in LAS VEGAS….
it is now the biggest ferris wheel in the WORLD….it stands 550 feet tall and has 28 different cabins for people to sit in…My wife would be first in line for this…I would go with her, but it would take some serious begging and negotiating with her….ha ha….
10. JOKE OF THE DAY:
Two geeks are talking over lunch. The first guy says, “You wouldn’t believe what happened this morning. A girl rode up to me on her bike, took off all her clothes, and said ‘Take whatever you want!’ … So I took the bike” The second guy says, “Good choice, her clothes probably wouldn’t have fit you.”
OR HOW ABOUT THIS ONE…..
A blonde girl enters a store that sells curtains. She tells the salesman, “I would like to buy a pink curtain in the size of my computer screen.” The surprised salesman replies, “But, madam, computers do not have curtains.” And the blonde said, “Helloooo…. I’ve got Windows!”
ENJOY YOUR WEEK EVERYBODY…THANKS FOR READING MY BLOG!!!