FOUR DAYS UNTIL 50!!!!
If anyone is planning on getting me a birthday cake, may I make a suggestion?
Thank you in advance!!!
Your favorite blog is sponsored by PIERSON FORD in ABERDEEN, SOUTH DAKOTA….May is here….Hard to believe that four months are gone already….PIERSON FORD is ready for warmer weather and ready to get you into a cool new vehicle for the summertime…..Imagine driving around and impressing your friends with a brand new FORD FOCUS….a new FORD EDGE…a new FORD EXPLORER…or how about this? A BRAND NEW 2014 FORD F-150……the biggest selling truck in AMERICA for over THREE DECADES…….Impressive!!!
Give us a call at 1-800-627-1237, stop and see us in the auto plaza in ABERDEEN, SOUTH DAKOTA….Or check us out online at http://piersonford.com/
1. I have one letter that represents me today…..ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ….Lack of sleep last night….But for good reasons…..
MY MINNESOTA WILD ADVANCE TO ROUND TWO OF THE STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS WITH AN OVERTIME WIN OVER COLORADO!!!! YEE-HAW!!!!
That game was back and forth the entire time!!! I COULDN’T BREATHE DURING OVERTIME…..I was so impressed at how the WILD handled themselves…..They kept playing “their brand of hockey” all night long……NINO NIEDERREITER was the big star for the team last night….Two goals including the overtime winner…..
I posted this on my Facebook page….Turned out to be true!!!!
And now? THE CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS…..This should be a fun series…Not many people are giving the MINNESOTA WILD a chance in this series….I say this….DO NOT count them out….They are playing incredible hockey right now…..Hey, they just took out the NUMBER ONE SEED….Anything can happen…and probably will!!!!
2. LET’S HAVE SOME FUN!!!
This one actually comes from ABERDEEN…I found this on a local video store sign……
IT’S A “STUTTERING SIGN.”
I read a lot of books when I was a kid…..hmmm..must have missed this one….THAT’S THE CRAPS……(oooh..that was bad, even for me)
Honest to goodness, WHERE DO THEY GO?
I really need to go to this place……What a great special!!!
And finally, I found this one funny……
3. MY HEART BROKE THE OTHER NIGHT…..I was deeply saddened to find out that CRAIG FERGUSON is leaving his late night show at the end of the year!!! NNOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! If you are a regular reader of this blog, you know that CRAIG is, by far, my favorite of the late night scene…..He is sarcastic AND hilarious……I never thought that a man and a robot could have so much fun…Of course, I’m talking about his sidekick, GEOFF…..
He always starts out part of his monologue with “IT’S A GREAT DAY FOR AMERICA.” Well, it’s NOT a great day for AMERICA….I will miss this show greatly…..Rumor has it that CHELSEA HANDLER may take over…umm…no thank you…..I don’t think I could watch her for an hour every night…Just not a big fan……..
4. Does anybody else remember the MAY DAY tradition when we were kids? I am stunned at how many people here at work don’t know what I’m talking about……When I was a kid, we used to make MAY DAY baskets, leave them on the doorstep of girls, ring the doorbell and run….If they caught us, they would give us a kiss…..
My awesome owner/boss made a big funny this morning….He said that MAY DAY was the only day during the year when he faked a sprained ankle!!! Hilarious…….To be honest, I used to run slow that day as well…Come to think of it, I ran slow ALL THE TIME…..
5. The DONALD STERLING saga is coming to an end….Thankfully….He is the owner of the LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS basketball team who made extremely racist comments in a phone call to his “so called girlfriend.”
The new NBA commissioner, ADAM SILVER handed down a severe, yet probably well deserved punishment….A lifetime ban from the NBA, a 2.5 million dollar fine, and he said that he would do everything in his power to make him sell his team…..WOW….I agree that it had to be swift and strong….Racism has no place in our society today……It is also a warning that you need to be careful what you say EVERYWHERE today…..Too much modern technology out there to catch everything we say and do…….The crazy part of this is that ADAM SILVER has only been the NBA commissioner for three months, and had to start out his tenure with a huge decision like this!!!
As for STERLING’S gold digger girlfriend, she was quoted as saying that “this is not what I wanted”, when she started this process….REALLY? SERIOUSLY? You record a guy and sell it to TMZ and then say it’s not what you wanted? Your five minutes of fame is up, lady……goodbye……
6. Sad news to report…….Actor BOB HOSKINS died at the age of 71….He had recently retired from show business due to Parkinsons……..
BOB HOSKINS has been around for a long time, but is mostly known for a movie in the past couple of decades…He played opposite a cartoon rabbit in “ROGER RABBIT.”
I also loved BOB HOSKINS in the role of “SMEE” in one of my all time favorite stories of PETER PAN…It was the ROBIN WILLIAMS movie “HOOK.” DUSTIN HOFFMAN played a great “CAPTAIN HOOK.”
Here is a picture of BOB HOSKINS during the time he announced his retirement…..REST IN PEACE, SIR….
7. Also, AL FELDSTEIN died at the age of 88…..Don’t know the name? Well, you will know what he created!!!
That’s right, AL FELDSTEIN created “MAD MAGAZINE.” I remember when my brother TROY and I were young, we could not wait for the next issue of MAD MAGAZINE…..Here they are working on the magazine…AL is in the center…..
Here is AL FELDSTEIN in recent years…….Thank you sir, for a great magazine and a lifetime of satirical memories……
8. GUESS WHAT I RECEIVED THE OTHER DAY?
That’s right, it’s our tickets to see the great 70’s and 80’s band “FIREFALL” this month…..I cannot wait…..When I was out in COLORADO three years ago for a sabbatical, I went to a place called “MONARCH MOUNTAIN”, and saw these guys outdoors….There was seriously only about FIFTY people there…..I brought my lawn chair, had front row seats and got to meet the band afterwards…..
I am so thankful that my boys enjoy the same music that my wife and I love….My son MITCHELL is actually going to the concert with us….It will be great to hear great songs like “YOU ARE THE WOMAN”, “JUST REMEMBER I LOVE YOU”, “CINDERELLA”, “STRANGE WAY”, and more…
***By the way….We have FRONT ROW TICKETS….YEAH!!!
9. A country music legend celebrates birthday number 85 today!!! It’s the great SONNY JAMES…..He is known for a couple of country this that are considered “all time classics.” One of them actually flooded the pop charts too….Remember which one?
Here is the “SOUTHERN GENTLEMAN”, SONNY JAMES in recent years…..
10. IT’S MUSIC TIME….
I would imaging that almost every one of you can sing along with “YOUNG LOVE.”
Here’s a good one….Every one of us should be “RUNNING BEAR.” Or something like that…..
These songs are incredibly good, but my all time favorite by SONNY JAMES is called “BAND OF GOLD.” I, in fact, just added it to my jukebox recently…..
11. JOKE OF THE DAY:
Three guys talk in a bar. Two discuss how they are king in their castles and how much their wives respect them. The third guy remains quiet.
Finally, one guy turns to the quiet guy and asks, “What about you? do you rule your roost?”
The quiet guy says, “Well, just the other night, my wife came to me on her hands and knees.”
“What happened then?” they ask.
“She said, ‘Get out from under the bed and fight like a man.'”
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYBODY!!!