HEY HOWDY PARTNERS…..I have one question for you? WHEN IS SUMMER COMING?
I was going to write this blog in the morning, and I picked out this cute morning picture…Isn’t this adorable?
Your blog is sponsored by PIERSON FORD IN ABERDEEN….Yep, everybody loves FORD….
Right now at PIERSON FORD, we have some pretty incredible lease specials!!!! Here are a couple of them…..
***You can lease a 2014 FORD F-150 SUPERCAB 4X4 WITH ZERO DOWN for just $299 a month….
***You can lease a 2014 FORD ESCAPE 4X4 for just $289 a month, with zero down……
***You can lease a 2014 FORD FOCUS SE for just $219 with zero down….
(Acquisition fee and first payment are due at signing)
Incredible deals are waiting for you right now at PIERSON FORD in ABERDEEN, SOUTH DAKOTA…..Stop and see us in the auto plaza, north highway 281, or give us a call at 1-800-627-1237, you can also check out our inventory online at http://piersonford.com/
1. IT’S FUNNY TIME…..
Wow, now that I am fifty and still act like a twelve year old, this next one fits me……
sounds like the beer is getting a little to big for it’s britches……..
Actually, I was pretty good at this next instrument….
When my friend said we were going to be “looking at chicks”, this is not what I wanted…..
There is literally NO WAY that I could have this for my bathroom….YIKES….(although I give them an “A” for creativity.)
Having a bathroom floor like that would probably make me drink more wine….like maybe out of THIS glass…..
And finally, unfortunately this next one is true…..
2. One of the few things that saddens me about not being on the radio anymore is not being able to play a song by my “BIRTHDAY MATE.” Who is it? One of the queens of country music, MISS TAMMY WYNETTE…..That’s right, TAMMY was born on May 5th…..Many years before me, however……When I was on country radio, I would play a TAMMY WYNETTE song every May 5th in honor of her birthday and mine……One year I even faxed her a message on our birthdays AND SHE FAXED BACK…. I was shocked……I have that letter laying around in a frame somewhere…..Then, one day in Nashville, I ran into TAMMY WYNETTE and her husband GEORGE RICHEY…..I told her who I was and she said, “Oh, you’re the person I share a birthday with.” I just about passed out….She gave me a great big hug and took off…….I got a picture with her too….Wish I had it for this blog………TAMMY WYNETTE was such a beautiful person, inside and out….Here are a couple of pictures of her, including a very early one…..
TAMMY WYNETTE, unfortunately died back in 1998 at the age of 55….She would have been 72 yesterday……TAMMY was quite sick before she died, as you will see in this next picture…TAMMY is seen here with ex-husband, GEORGE JONES, and on the left of the picture is their daughter GEORGETTE…….
3. Well, TAMMY….I am not on the radio anymore, so I can’t play a song for our birthday….But I can share it on the blog….I LOVE YOU TAMMY…..MISS YOU, TOO……
Here is her country standard, “STAND BY YOUR MAN.”
My personal favorite song by TAMMY WYNETTE is called “APARTMENT NUMBER NINE.” It is written by a guy named DONNIE YOUNG… He would change his name and become a big star…..What is his stage name? JOHNNY PAYCHECK…..
This is also a spectacular song….”YOUR GOOD GIRL IS GONNA GO BAD.”
4. C’MON MINNESOTA WILD!!! My favorite hockey team is down 2-0 after losing two big games to the CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS….The WILD just couldn’t get the puck in the goal….They play again tonight in ST. PAUL…..GO WILD!!!!
5. WANT TO SEE A CRAZY FUNNY HOCKEY VIDEO? This is a team from FINLAND……HILARIOUS….MIKO KOIVU and MIKHAIL GRANLUND from the MINNESOTA WILD must be loving this video being it’s from their homeland…..
6. Actor BRADLEY COOPER has apparently gained over 40 pounds for a new movie role……I don’t know if I could be an actor and do stuff like this…check it out…..
7. A great actor from yesteryear has passed away….EFREM ZIMBALIST, JR. was 95 years old….Don’t recognize the name? I bet you’ll recognize this heartthrob…..He was known as the star of “THE F.B.I.”, and one of the stars of “77 SUNSET STRIP.”
Ruggedly handsome man….Here he is with his “F.B.I.” cast members….He is on the right…..
And here is EFREM ZIMBALIST, JR. in his later years…Still a pretty good looking older man…..
8. And in case you’re wondering, yes, actress STEPHANIE ZIMBALIST is the daughter of EFREM ZIMBALIST, JR…..I am sure you remember her for playing opposite PIERCE BROSNAN and DORIS ROBERTS in the hit TV show “REMINGTON STEELE.”
STEPHANIE ZIMBALIST is now 57 years old….Here she is recently…..
9. I am LUTHERAN…and yes, I believe in the next one….hee hee hee
makes me hungry…..
10. Guess which TV show had a reunion recently? “SILVER SPOONS”….Remember that show? It aired from 1982-1987 and was a pretty big hit……ERIN GRAY played “KATE SUMMERS STRATTON”….JOEL HIGGINS played “EDWARD STRATTON III”….and the loveable RICKY SCHRODER played “RICKY STRATTON.” It was the story of a multi millionaire family that tried to fit in as “normal people.”
Here is a cast photo from years ago…..Guess who that is on the bottom of the picture? JASON BATEMAN….Yep….And the other actor is ALFONSO RIBEIRO…..
ERIN GRAY is now 64……JOEL HIGGINS is now 70….and RICKY SCHRODER is now 44…Here they are recently……
11. JOKE OF THE DAY:
A football coach walked into the locker room before a game, looked over to his star player and said, “I’m not supposed to let you play since you failed math, but we need you in there. So what I have to do is ask you a math question, and if you get it right, you can play.” The player agreed, and the coach looked into his eyes intently and asks, “Okay, now concentrate… what is two plus two?” The player thought for a moment and then he answered, “4?” “Did you say 4?!?” the coach exclaimed, excited that he got it right. At that, all the other players on the team began screaming, “COME ON COACH…GIVE HIM ANOTHER CHANCE!!!”
HAVE A TERRIFIC MID WEEK EVERYBODY….