I FEEL LIKE THIS TODAY….
I am so sorry that it took almost two weeks to do another blog!!! It has been really crazy….(I’m sure you’ll be hearing about me in the court news, and on CNN)….KIDDING!!!!! Anyway, it’s good to be back…..hopefully the “craziness” is settling down a bit…..I work a full time job here at Pierson Ford, plus I take care of THREE churches, and sometimes, it gets a little overwhelming, and my battery runs low…….Hopefully my battery is on the rise and things will be good!!!!
Your favorite blog is sponsored by PIERSON FORD IN ABERDEEN….Well, here is the deal…..I sincerely doubt that a lot of FORD dealerships in our area have the amount of trucks we have…..We have over 75 brand new FORD F-150’S on the lot……Plus the 2015 F250’S are coming in…..We also still have terrific lease specials on various new FORD’S……
Find out exactly what is going on at PIERSON FORD in ABERDEEN, SOUTH DAKOTA….. You can call us at 1-800-627-1237, check us out online at http://piersonford.com/ or stop and see us in the auto plaza, north highway 281 in beautiful ABERDEEN, SOUTH DAKOTA!!!!!
1. I MISSED DOING MY FUNNIES….LET’S CATCH UP……
Oh yeah, the DALLAS COWBOYS bashing has begun!!!
That last joke was brought to you courtesy of…….
This is going out to all my GOOD FRIENDS…hee hee
This is for all of you expecting parents!!!
YIKES…..I don’t remember these kind of days….
And finally, I don’t recommend this….
2. Everybody that knows me knows that I’m a softie….I cry at sad movies, graduations, and especially when I watch the coming home videos of American soldiers…..So, it was to no one’s surprise in church at Hecla yesterday that I was a bawl baby….But, I had good reason….It was “SENIOR SUNDAY” where we salute the seniors who are graduating this year……I had two exceptional kids named KATHERYN and RILEY, who, by the way, are cousins…..I am going to miss those two so much next year……And, we did a salute to TREVOR WAMPLER….You may remember from my previous blogs that he was my church kid that was killed in an accident last June……I really struggled talking about TREVOR, because it brought back all the pain of last summer….In fact, I shed tears a large part of the day yesterday……It is always hard to say goodbye….to seniors, and especially to good friends that we lose…..
Here is a picture of the group yesterday…..
3. Speaking of sad, my MINNESOTA WILD had their season stopped after losing game 6 to the CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS…..It was a heartbreaking loss, because we outplayed them the entire game, and pretty much the entire series….Some of the BLACKHAWK players even admitted that……And, to make matters worse, I turned the TV on at work this past Saturday to find the NHL playoffs…..It almost made me cry realizing my team was done…….
The weird thing is that my team is the MINNESOTA WILD and my son TYLER’S team is the PITTSBURGH PENGUINS…..How ironic that both teams lost in game six AT HOME on the same night…AND THEY BOTH LOST BY 2-1 SCORES….YIKES….
However, I do want to thank the MINNESOTA WILD for a tremendous season…….They proved that they can play with ANYBODY…..And, they proved that next year they will be a contender for the STANLEY CUP……GO WILD….
4. A college basketball legend has died…….legendary coach DON MEYER died Sunday morning right here in ABERDEEN, SOUTH DAKOTA…..DON used to coach at LIPSCOMB in TENNESSEE, and a few years ago became the coach at NORTHERN STATE COLLEGE here in ABERDEEN…..DON MEYER had a “coaching academy” where some of the greatest coaches of all time attended……We got to see the likes of PAT SUMMITT, JOHN WOODEN and many others…….
DON MEYER was loved by everybody…..He did “inspirational talks” all around the region, and was really, a true inspiration to everybody he met…..
Just a few years ago, DON was in a very bad car accident where he lost his leg……He called him stumpy leg “BUDDY.” He is one of the winningest coaches of all time in the NCAA….He is highly respected, and even had a book done about him by BUSTER OLNEY from ESPN……
DON MEYER continued to talk to school children and others up until a few weeks before his death from cancer…..Here he is at the DUPREE school in SOUTH DAKOTA……
GOD BLESS YOU DON MEYER….AND THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES……
5. Rumors are circulating big time today that MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES star KEVIN LOVE doesn’t want to play basketball in MINNESOTA anymore…..HMMM….can’t really blame the guy….he is good enough to win a ring, but obviously it’s not going to happen in MINNESOTA….At least not in the near future…..IF EVER….And so, the cycle continues……MINNESOTA sports teams get a really good player who has national “star quality”, and they have to go elsewhere to get paid bigtime for playing…..IT STINKS, but that’s the way of the sporting world today……
6. HERE’S ONE FOR THE LADIES……
I had three ladies close to me that resemble that remark…ha ha….
7. Happy birthday wishes are going out today to PETE TOWNSHEND of the rock group “THE WHO.” He turns 69 today…One year before the BIG 7-0…..Here is PETE TOWNSHEND with his legendary band…..
Here is PETE TOWNSHEND today at 69….STILL ROCKIN’ BABY…..
8. I was never a serious fan of “THE WHO”….However, there is a solo song from PETE TOWNSHEND that I absolutely LOVED….In honor of his birthday, here is “LET MY LOVE OPEN THE DOOR.”
9. Happy birthday wishes on Tuesday are going out to MINDY COHN…She is the actress that played “NATALIE” on “THE FACTS OF LIFE.”
MINDY COHN will turn 48 on Tuesday…here is what she looks like today……
10. JOKE OF THE DAY:
Two guys went fishing in a lake. The first guy reels his fishing pole and sees that he’s snagged an old bottle.
As he’s taking it off the hook, a genie pops out and promises to grant him one wish.
“Turn the lake into beer,” he says. The genie goes “Poof!” and the lake turns into beer.
He says to the other guy, “So what do you think?” The other guy says, “You idiot! Now we’ve got to pee in the boat!”
GOOD TO BE BACK….TALK TO YOU SOON….