Hard to believe that JUNE is here…JUNE…As in, “THE FIRST FULL MONTH OF SUMMER.” One of the things that drives me crazy about living in South Dakota, is that winter lasts 9 months and summer lasts three….ha ha…..
Your favorite blog is sponsored by PIERSON FORD IN ABERDEEN…..
Guess what we spent the morning doing? We were CHANGING TAGS…. That’s right, all of our new FORD products went DOWN in price this morning….FORD has added extra rebates on FORD TRUCKS, FORD EXPLORERS, the FORD EDGE, FORD TAURUS, FORD FUSION, FORD FOCUS, FORD FIESTA, FORD ESCAPE….You get the picture…..Now is definitely the perfect time to buy a new FORD….And our selection is unreal……We have the front lot full of new FORD’S and the back lot full of FORDS…….Seriously, if you can’t find what you’re looking for, something is wrong…..
Give PIERSON FORD a call today at 1-800-627-1237, check out our inventory online at http://piersonford.com/ or stop in and see us in the auto plaza, north highway 281, in beautiful ABERDEEN, SOUTH DAKOTA!!!!!
1. LET’S SPREAD SOME HAPINESS….
How about a little wisdom from GROUCHO MARX? They just don’t make them like him anymore!!! Which is sad…..
Ummm…seriously dudes….you didn’t see where you placed this sign?
As far as this pop goes, I thought it was a ten, but turns out “urinate.”
Hey, you’re doing it wrong!!!
And, being a “WIZARD OF OZ” fan, I enjoyed this one…..(70’s and 80’s rockers, get ready to laugh!!)
2. OKAY…THIS CRAP ISN’T FUNNY ANYMORE!!!
So, I go to my mailbox in the town we live in called WARNER, and I grab my mail….In there is a letter addressed to me with no return address….I assume it’s a credit card letter that I’m going to shred eventually……And so, with no emotion, I open it….
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
Yep, my brand new “A.A.R.P.” card…….This “50 thing” is starting to sink in……Is my life really over half over? Well, it’s not THAT bad…..But it did shock me getting this card…..And, so now, I’m going to be one of those “older people” who fight and argue over ten cents at a grocery store or eatery….I am going to take FULL ADVANTAGE of this card….So get ready ABERDEEN…..
And, oh yes, by the way, I will also be starting to drive in the LEFT LANE ONLY….with my LEFT BLINKER ON….
3. Remember in the last blog when I talked about me freaking out about my parking abilities? That’s because now people are posting pictures on Facebook of poor parking jobs in ABERDEEN…It scares me because I have license plates that everybody recognizes…..And, so I have become neurotic over making sure my tires are not over the lines….And because I am being so doggone careful, crap like this happens……
Okay, that wasn’t in ABERDEEN, but the way some people drive, I could see it happening here!!!!
4. Sunday was a very sad day in our community….A five year old boy drowned at WYLIE LAKE just north of ABERDEEN…..WYLIE PARK is this area’s hot spot for summer activities and fun…..I cannot imagine the pain and suffering that goes along with losing a child….I pray to GOD that I never find out……And to make matters worse, two of my friends were the ones who pulled the boy out of the water and started CPR……This event will haunt them forever……We say special prayers for the family…….They are going to need every single one of them……
5. I saw something weird the other night while I was having trouble sleeping….I got up about 3AM and started watching a couple of shows that I record every weekend……One of them is called “GILLEY’S PLACE” starring MICKEY GILLEY…..It’s a brand new show filmed in BRANSON, MISSOURI…The other show is reruns of “THE PORTER WAGONER SHOW” from the 60’s and 70’s……So, I am watching “GILLEY’S PLACE” and MICKEY is talking about his very first time on national television……And that was singing on “THE PORTER WAGONER SHOW.” Right after watching “GILLEY’S PLACE”, I turned on PORTER’S show, and lo and behold, it’s the very first time MICKEY GILLEY ever appeared on national television….He had just talked about it on the previous show, and BOOM there it was……There was another coincidence that night, but I will be darned if I can remember it….ha ha….(old age setting in…)
6. My son TYLER and I spent the other night watching a classic movie from yesteryear……We were howling in the basement and our stomachs hurt from laughing while watching GENE WILDER and RICHARD PRYOR star in “SEE NO EVIL, HEAR NO EVIL.”
This is one of the most crazy funny shows that I own…….RICHARD PRYOR plays a blind man….GENE WILDER plays a deaf man….What ensues for the next 90 minutes is awesome fun!!! And, this “WILDER-PRYOR” tag team of stars is, to me, one of the best comedic duos of all time…..They also appeared in this movie….Another crazy fun one……
I’m sure, unless you live under a rock, that you remember that GENE WILDER’S by far, biggest role was as “WILLY WONKA” in the hit movie…..
Sadly, RICHARD PRYOR died on December 10th of 2005 at the age of 65…..GENE WILDER is still alive…he turned 80 last summer…EIGHTY…..That seems hard to believe, until you see his pictures…..However, he still looks great for EIGHTY…..
7. One of our favorite housekeepers has gone to that big “CLEANING CLOSET IN THE SKY.” Actress ANN B. DAVIS died this weekend at the age of 88….She played “ALICE” on “THE BRADY BUNCH.”
She apparently fell down some stairs on Saturday and never regained consciousness……sad…..
Here is a fairly recent picture of ANN B. DAVIS……She looks like anybody’s Grandma……
8. Also, poet, author, and activist MAYA ANGELOU died recently at the age of 86……..
I honestly don’t know much about her, other than millions cherished and loved her very much….Here is a recent picture of the great MAYA ANGELOU……
9. Remember the hit TV show “THE WONDER YEARS?”
Well, the cast got together recently for a “mini reunion”…….And it looks like they had a blast including doing a “selfie”……
It was a good show…..Not a “great” show in my opinion, but a good show…….
10. On Saturday night, my beautiful wife JEANNIE and I took my sister KRISTA out for a fun night of supper and a movie……We went to see the new western parody from SETH MCFARLANE called “A MILLION WAYS TO DIE IN THE WEST.”
That particular line on the movie poster just about lost it for me….”FROM THE CREATOR OF ‘TED’…” I despised “TED.” I thought it was one of the weakest movies I have seen in recent memory….
I took away a couple of things from the movie…Number one and most importantly, CHARLIZE THERON IS HOT….SCORCHING HOT…..She is so beautiful!!!
I didn’t laugh a lot in the movie, but when it was over I thought it was a very decent movie…….However, it was RAUNCHY, RAUNCHY, RAUNCHY……You have been warned!!!!
It’s worth the ticket price…..To me it was worth the ticket price just for the ABRAHAM LINCOLN sketch…..It made me about wet my pants from laughing…….
11. JOKE OF THE DAY:
A married man was visiting his girlfriend when she requested that he shave his beard. “Oh James, I like your beard, but I would really love to see your handsome face.” James replied, “My wife loves this beard, I couldn’t possibly do it, she would hate me.” “Oh please?” the girlfriend asked again. “Oh really, I can’t,” he replies. “My wife loves this beard!” The girlfriend asked once more, and he sighs and finally gives in. That night James crawls into bed with his wife while she was sleeping. The wife is awakened somewhat, feels his face and replies, “Oh Michael, you shouldn’t be here, my husband will be home soon!”
HAVE A GREAT EARLY PART OF THE WEEK, MY FRIENDS….