OK…IT’S CLOSER TO THE WEEKEND…LET’S STAY POSITIVE…..
Your favorite blog is sponsored by PIERSON FORD IN ABERDEEN….
Lots of stuff going on at PIERSON FORD right now, including another month of GREAT LEASE SPECIALS……That’s right, many of your friends and neighbors have stopped by and picked out a new FORD vehicle and have leased it to save money…….Right now, PIERSON FORD has tremendous lease specials on FORD F-150’S, the FORD FOCUS, FORD FUSIONS, FORD ESCAPES…and so on and so forth….(I can’t believe I just said ‘so on and so forth..’ I feel old…)
Why do people lease? A few reasons….
***a nice low payment for two or three years….
***full warranty the entire time you’re driving the vehicle during your lease agreement….
***the right to buy that vehicle after the lease is done…..
***the right to lease another vehicle when your lease is done……
Find out more about the great lease specials by stopping in to PIERSON FORD in the auto plaza in ABERDEEN, SOUTH DAKOTA….We are located on north highway 281, just across the road from SHOPKO…you can call us at 1-800-627-1237, or check us out online at http://piersonford.com/
1. LET’S HAVE SOME FUN……
Those crazy dogs…they know everything…….
ummm…I don’t think this is what “six pack stomach” is all about……
This is one of the most CREATIVE comic strip pieces I have ever seen!!!
OH, HOW I MISS COLLEGE…….
OK…this one is HILARIOUS…..
2. The great GENE WILDER turned 81 years old yesterday……I am sure you remember him from many different roles including “WILLY WONKA.”
I don’t know if you have 30 minutes to watch this next video, but if you do, you will NOT be disappointed….This is a “rare” interview with GENE WILDER from last year right after his 80th birthday….He shares some memories and secrets of his awesome career…..It is well worth 30 minutes if you get some time……….
3. One year ago today my beautiful wife and I were vacationing in COLORADO, and had just eaten breakfast at the Pastor’s retreat where we were staying…..We were getting ready to go on a hike when I decided to open up my Facebook page to see what was going on……It was then that my entire life changed……The very first post that I saw said “R.I.P. TREVOR WAMPLER.” I will never forget that moment in my life…..How could this be? How could one of my beautiful church kids be dead? Am I still in bed dreaming? Did I dream that I ate breakfast? What is going on? And then the thoughts come that, hey, maybe that Facebook poster had it wrong…..But then I see another post….and another post…and another post…….and then my phone rings….
I can still feel the pain of that day…..In fact, a couple of Sundays ago when TREVOR would have graduated from high school, I was heading to MILLER to see my niece graduate….The emotion of “Senior Sunday” at church where we honored the seniors and honored TREVOR’S memory was overwhelming, and I spent darn close to the entire 90 mile drive crying……I have TREVOR’S picture next to my computer at home…I see it everyday….That goofy smile….Those eyes that light up when he smiles…..awesome kid…….No parent should ever have to lose their child, and this was the second child this poor family has lost……It’s all so tragic…..But yet, we know that GOD has a plan for all of us, and I know that TREVOR is romping thru heaven with that smile on his face…..Having fun with my Dad….Having fun with his brother Brandon…..Just waiting for all of us to join him……
I miss you TREVOR….and I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!!
4. My wife and I did something last weekend that we had been planning on doing for the last, oh, I don’t know, TEN YEARS? ha ha…..We finally took a night and went to the drive inn theater in REDFIELD….There are not too many of these out there anymore, and there is really nothing like the experience of watching a movie outdoors…..
The “PHEASANT DRIVE INN” theater is awesome…..It was so great seeing so many young kids running around before the movie started…I am glad to see families reliving these glorious memories while we still have the chance……..And, yes, we will go back again…THIS SUMMER….
In case you’re wondering which movie we saw, it was DREW BARRYMORE and ADAM SANDLER in “BLENDED.” pretty good movie…..
5. “BABY, IF YOU EVER WONDERED, WONDERED WHATEVER BECAME OF ME, I’M SITTING ON THE AIR IN CINCINNATI…CINCINNATI W.K.R.P…..GOT TIRED OF PACKING AND UNPACKING, TOWN TO TOWN, UP AND DOWN THE DIAL, MAYBE ME AND YOU WERE NEVER MEANT TO BE, BUT BABY THINK OF ME ONCE IN AWHILE…I’M AT W.K.R.P. IN CINCINNATI….”
Love those words…love that show…..”W.K.R.P. IN CINCINNATI” is one of the main reasons that I spent 25 years in radio……Well, guess what? A few of the stars recently got together for a photo shoot….LONI ANDERSON…..HOWARD HESSEMAN, TIM REID AND JAN SMITHERS got together, and they are all looking pretty spectacular!!!
A couple of stars were missing from that picture…..Like GARY SANDY, who played the program director ANDY TRAVIS….
Also missing was salesman HERB TARLEK played by FRANK BONNER…
RICHARD SANDERS, who played the nerdy newsman LES NESSMAN, is hard to find…..Haven’t seen too much of him in recent years……
6. Speaking of RADIO, there is some sad news to report…….”AMERICAN TOP 40″ host CASEY KASEM is on the way out of this world…..As I have reported earlier, his wife JEAN, and his children have been fussin’ and feudin’ over the rights to CASEY, and now a judge has decided that his kids can make decisions for him……(smart decision, judge.)…Well, CASEY KASEM’S kids have chosen to take away his food and water and let him go peacefully……And so, we wait to hear word of when he passes….
Probably one of the most beautiful things about this is this…….They are playing reruns of “AMERICAN TOP 40” in his hospital room 24 hours a day……That is so wonderful…..so beautiful…and so bittersweet………
7. Speaking of “bittersweet” it was a bittersweet moment in DALLAS TEXAS the other night as country music “MEGA LEGEND” GEORGE STRAIT had his final live concert…..sad….Love this man…he supposed is going to keep on recording, but the touring is done………….
And what a way to go out….SMASHING the all time concert attendance record….ready for this? over ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND PEOPLE SAW HIM LIVE THE OTHER NIGHT IN DALLAS….yep….The total count was a little over 104,000 people…..CRAZY, HUH? Not surprising though….if I would have had the time or money, I would have gone…….
But I am thankful that I had the opportunity to meet this great man, not once, not twice, but three times……He is undeniably one of the nicest people I have ever met…..Extremely low key…..very unassuming…..great guy….LOVE YOU GEORGE STRAIT!!!! THANKS FOR THE MUSIC AND THE MEMORIES!!!
(wow…we look young, don’t we?)
I truly believe that when it’s all said and done, GEORGE STRAIT’S name will be mentioned in the same sentence as HANK WILLIAMS, PATSY CLINE, GEORGE JONES and others……
8. I was driving around ABERDEEN the other day and I saw this garage…..and I couldn’t help wondering, “isn’t there a better way to raise the basketball rim?”
9. “WESTBORO BAPTIST CHURCH.” Just hearing those words probably sends shiver and ANGER into some people….Do you know this group of so called “Christians?” They have been picketing country concerts for years because of the songs about boozing, partying, cheating…etc…….They have also waged a full scale war against gays…….and quite possibly the worst thing? THEY ARE PICKETING AMERICAN SOLDIER’S FUNERALS….. I saw on their website the other day a quote that said this….”THANK GOD FOR 11 MORE DEAD TROOPS.” wow….I couldn’t hardly breathe after reading that…….I could feel the anger rising thru my body……..Entertainers like VINCE GILL have confronted these animals…….And even my buddy BRAD PAISLEY got into the action the other day by taking a “selfie” when they didn’t know he was doing it……
I am speechless from reading their website….Make sure you have thick skin if you decide to check it out…….
The only thing that bothers me is this……
I HAD ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA THAT MY GOD HATED SO MANY THINGS IN THIS WORLD…..amazing……..
10. The NBA and NHL playoffs are on…….I am rooting for the NEW YORK RANGERS and the SAN ANTONIO SPURS……it looks like the RANGERS will probably lose to the LOS ANGELES KINGS, but I really hope that the SPURS can defeat the HEAT……..This is kind of the way I feel………
11. JOKE OF THE DAY:
Researchers for the Massachusetts Turnpike Authority found over 200 dead crows near greater Boston recently, and there was concern that they may have died from Avian Flu. A Bird Pathologist examined the remains of all the crows, and, to everyone’s relief, confirmed the problem was definitely NOT Avian Flu. The cause of death appeared to be vehicular impacts.
However, during the detailed analysis it was noted that varying colors of paints appeared on the bird’s beaks and claws. By analyzing these paint residues it was determined that 98% of the crows had been killed by impact with trucks, while only 2% were killed by an impact with a car.
The MTA then hired an Ornithological Behaviorist to determine if there was a cause for the disproportionate percentages of truck kills versus car kills.
The Ornithological Behaviorist very quickly concluded the cause: when crows eat road kill, they always have a look-out crow in a nearby tree to warn of impending danger. They discovered that while all the lookout crows could shout “Cah”, not a single one could shout “Truck.”
HAVE A TREMENDOUS WEEK!!!