C’MON BABY….GET HERE…I NEED YOU BADLY……
Your favorite blog is sponsored by PIERSON FORD IN ABERDEEN, SOUTH DAKOTA…..Guess what? It’s almost the end of June already, so the deals are going crazy at PIERSON FORD…..Right now, we have walked around the lot and changed price tags on many many of the pre-owned vehicles……Remember that we have about every make and model out there….SUV’S, trucks, cars….you name it….And vehicles with about every kind of mileage available…….
what you need to do is this…..Go to our website…..http://piersonford.com/ Find the vehicle you want, stop out and see us, or call and get more information at 1-800-627-1237….We are located in the auto plaza, north highway 281 in ABERDEEN…Right across from Shopko………
Plus, the lease specials remain amazing……You really need to check it out…..
PIERSON FORD….ABERDEEN SOUTH DAKOTA…..
1. LET’S HAVE SOME FUN…..
This one could be a redneck one….oh, who am I kidding…IT IS….
Well, at least this cake is HONEST, if nothing else…..
Hmmm…I didn’t know weather begins like this…..
This one I COMPLETELY agree with……
And finally…You know, I never thought about this perspective…..
2. First, the Redskins….Now the Kansas City Chiefs…..seriously….When will it end? When will we not be such a lawsuit happy, touchy society? When will people realize that these team names are one of “honor” and “respect?”
3. CELEBRITY SIGHTING……
There was an event honoring the late FARRAH FAWCETT and her cancer awareness…….Check out these pictures of RYAN O’NEAL, JACLYN SMITH, and ALANA STEWART…..RYAN is now 73, JACLYN is an amazing 68, and ALANA is a fantastic 69……….JACLYN, by the way, was with FARRAH on “CHARLIE’S ANGELS.” RYAN, of course, was FARRAH’S man the last many years before her death…and ALANA is the former wife of GEORGE HAMILTON and ROD STEWART, and, obviously, is a model, among other careers…..
4. CELEBRITY SIGHTING…PART TWO…..
There was a mini reunion of “THE FACTS OF LIFE” this week…..”MRS. GARRETT” teamed up with “BLAIR” for a little lunch….Of course, we’re talking about CHARLOTTE RAE and LISA WHELCHEL…..CHARLOTTE is now 88, and LISA is a gorgeous 51…..
5. Every one of us have “pet peeves.” If you say you don’t, you’re lying…ha ha….. couple of mine have flared up this week, so I thought I’d share them with you……
*** talking on your phone while ordering food……I watched a lady this week stand by the counter of an outdoor eatery and talk the entire time she ordered…I could tell the waitress was getting edgy…..I was too, and I had already ordered….HOW RUDE…..
***twitter messages on my TV screen…….SERIOUSLY? I don’t give a crap what someone thinks of “THE PRICE IS RIGHT”, or how someone feels about a news story that is happening…Keep those stupid twitter messages off of the programming!!!! And, another thing….my ADHD kicks in, and I miss the entire program because I cannot concentrate…..
***filling up your car with gas and then gambling inside while your car sits at the pumps……..This one drove me crazy this week….Luckily there weren’t cars behind this bozo…..Ummm..here’s an idea…..Fill up, move your car up front and then gamble…….I think I need a vacation…Oh, wait…I DO…ha ha….
6. My son TYLER called me this week to let me know that our wedding anniversary is also “WORLD PENGUIN DAY.” He didn’t know what it meant, he just thought it was crazy….And so, I’m going to do this….On our next anniversary, I’m going to dress up in a black tux and waddle around all day long……..
7. If you know me well, you know that I am a HUGE MERLE HAGGARD fan…….And my third favorite song ever is “I’M A LONESOME FUGITIVE”, which comes right after “MANSION ON A HILL” by HANK WILLIAMS, SR. and “WALK THRU THIS WORLD WITH ME” by the legendary GEORGE JONES……
Well, there is a new tribute album out saluting MERLE HAGGARD….I was very leery of buying it, because it has a lot of new country stars that I don’t know, and you know by now what I think of a few of the current crop of new country stars…..Well, my third favorite song wasn’t bad….It was by a guy named JAMES WESLEY….Never heard of him, but his rendition of “I’M A LONESOME FUGITIVE” was pretty doggone good……..Here is the MERLE HAGGARD version and the JAMES WESLEY version…YOU BE THE JUDGE……
And here is the JAMES WESLEY version that I can’t stop playing on my I-POD….
8. I about laughed my butt off out walking with my wife the other night….I realized that I have been singing the WRONG LYRICS to this song since, like, 1970….ha ha……The first line says “I raised a lot of cane back in my younger days, but Mama used to pray my CROPS would fail.” CROPS….makes sense right? CANE…CROPS….Nope…not JAY….I always sang “PROPS”….like in Mama hoped that my actions would fail as I was being a troublemaker….Well, you learn something new every day……..
9. We are really weeding out the acting legends…..There are not many left from the “Golden Era” of TV shows and movies…..And, we lost another one this week…ELI WALLACH died at the age of 98….NINETY EIGHT….. This wonderful actor was in movies for over SIX DECADES…And, he acted with likes of CLARK GABLE, CLINT EASTWOOD, STEVE MCQUEEN, MARILYN MONROE, YUL BRYNNER and hundreds of others….Some of his great movies include “THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN,” “THE GOOD THE BAD AND THE UGLY,” “THE GODFATHER 3”, and most recently at the tender age of 94, ELI appeared in the 2010 movie “WALL STREET: MONEY NEVER SLEEPS….” See if you remember this legend…..
Here is a fairly recent photo of ELI WALLACH…rest in peace, sir…..
10. TYPICAL MAN….This is kind of funny….A man was in a vehicle rollover in LOS ANGELES, and was kind enough to take a picture in front of it, AS HIS WIFE LAID IN THE CAR….You can probably see her in this picture……….
Someone here, who will remain nameless said, “obviously SHE was driving.” Okay, it was me….AND I WAS ONLY KIDDING….No cards and letters please…ha ha……The man needs to go to the store and find some pants that he can hike up a little more….They must have crashed because of the FLOOD that he was prepared for with his pants……..
11. Tomorrow will be a somber day for the friends of GILDA RADNER…The former “SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE” alum would have turned 68 tomorrow, had she not died of cancer back in 1989 at the age of only 42…WOW….. I thought that GILDA RADNER was one of the funniest on ‘SNL’ at that time, if not the actual funniest…..I loved her characters…..ROSEANNE ROSEANNADANNA…
“EMILY LITELLA” who started out her rants with “what’s all this fuss I hear about…..”, and always ended her rant with “NEVER MIND.”
And who can forget the nerdy woman with the nose that always ran…..LISA LOOPNER…who had funny encounters with BILL MURRAY’S character, “TODD LOOPNER.”
And, as I mentioned in my blog recently, GILDA RADNER was married to GENE WILDER….
GILDA RADNER brought a lot of the spotlight to cancer…..That was a very positive move on her part…..Here she is in her last year or two……
12. I hope this guy can play like his Papa…..my beloved WASHINGTON REDSKINS, yes I said REDSKINS, have signed the son of former 49’ERS great, JERRY RICE….His name? JERRY RICE, JR…..Man, I hope that this guy picked up his Daddy’s genes and talents….That would be amazing to watch a son have a career like his Dad….That doesn’t happen too often in sports…..
13. JOKE OF THE DAY:
A blonde was really tired of being made fun of, so she decided to have her hair changed so she would look like a brunette.
When she had brown hair, she decided to take a drive in the country. After she had been driving for a while, she saw a farmer and a flock of sheep and thought, “Oh! Those sheep are so adorable!”
She got out and walked over to the farmer and said, “If I can guess how many sheep you have, can I take one home?”
The farmer, being a bit of a gambler himself, said she could have a try. The blonde looked at the flock and guessed, “157.”
The farmer was amazed – she was right! So the blonde, (who looked like a brunette), picked one out and got back into her car.
Before she left, farmer walked up to her and said. “If I can guess the real color of your hair, can I have my dog back?”
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND MY FRIENDS…..