OH YEAH…WE’RE CLIMBING THE LADDER!!!!
PIERSON FORD is proud to announce a big event that will finish off August….It’s our “MEGA RED TAG SALE.” All of us salespeople spent the entire day yesterday hanging RED TAGS in all of the new and pre-owned vehicles……Our entire lineup is priced to sell!!!! And with school starting right now, and college starting soon, now is the perfect time to find a trusty reliable school car for your kids. We all know that you, like me and other parents, only want THE BEST for your kids…..None of us want to get that call in the middle of the night or whenever, that the car has broken down somewhere. Here’s the deal….Our service techs at PIERSON FORD go thru each vehicle from front to back before it goes on the lot…..I said BEFORE it goes on the lot, and BEFORE you buy it……That’s peace of mind that we all can live with.
We would love it if you stop out and see us in the auto plaza, north highway 281 in ABERDEEN, SOUTH DAKOTA……Plus, you can call us at 1-800-627-1237, and you can check out our incredibly large lineup of cars, vans, SUV’S, and trucks at the following address……http://piersonford.com/
WE HOPE TO SEE YOU SOON!!!!
1. LET’S HAVE SOME FUN!!!!
I think I missed “shark week”, but this is still funny…..
I am SO GLAD that my name is Jay……
Hmmm…this songwriter may be on to something……
I guess the only thing I can come up with for this one is…….DUH!!!!!
Now this is MY KIND OF WOMAN…….NOT!!!
I’m not a “rainbow chaser”, but I know a lot of people that would be if this is the case…ha ha…..
2. So, you are probably wondering, “how was WILLIE NELSON?” Well, I’m here to tell you that I was fairly disappointed. Willie has always sang his songs differently than what the records sounded like. I was prepared for that. What I wasn’t prepared for, is WILLIE actually “speaking” the words of the songs instead of “singing.” Not all the time, but enough that I got annoyed……Here’s the sad thing……As you know, the only song I was waiting to hear was “Angels Flying Too Close To The Ground.” I did hear it, but we left during the song…….I love WILLIE NELSON…..I was sad that we left, but I think one of my friends summed it up the best…He said this……”You know, Jay, it’s like having to go to a funeral for someone that was really sick. You don’t really want to go because you want to remember that person the way they were, and not how they look in the casket after being sick.” PERFECT…..I couldn’t have said it any better!!!!
3. HERE IS…”THE BEST LINE HEARD AT THE FAIR.”
Speaking of WILLIE NELSON, a friend of mine told me a good one……It was so doggone hot last Saturday, but it wasn’t super hot when my wife and I left our house, so we had long sleeve shirts on and jeans. After we got to the fair, it was so hot that I went and bought a t-shirt and my wife bought a new short sleeved shirt at one of the booths. My friend Doris was manning one other booth and she said, ” Jay, it really doesn’t matter how you look. It’s not like WILLIE will be able to see you because of his glaucoma…….right? That’s why he smokes pot so much, right?” I about died laughing…..ha ha….And in her defense, she was only joking…….and her little joke was the “best line heard at the fair”, by this guy……
4. TYLER, MITCHELL and I love to watch movies….And one of our favorite ones is “SIN CITY” from 2005……….
Last night, TYLER and I watched “SIN CITY” in it’s entirety to get ready for this Friday night….That’s when the long anticipated sequel comes out called, appropriately enough, “SIN CITY 2.”
We love the “cartoonish look” of the movie and the “comic book” style of the stories……I seriously don’t get excited about seeing too many movies on opening night….This, however, is one movie that I want to see on opening night…..And barring a disaster, we will see it…….
5. I talked earlier in this blog about “shark week.” People go crazy over this week of television……I don’t get into it, but apparently many others do…..Much like VERNE TROYER who played “MINI ME” on the “AUSTIN POWERS” movies…..Remember him?
well, VERNE TROYER even admits that he might have gone a bit overboard with “shark week.” You be the judge…ha ha….
That is hilarious….and it works perfectly with his other full time job…..a loan shark…….(ooh, that was bad…even for me….)
6. C’MON JOHNNY MANZIEL…..Mr. so called “JOHNNY FOOTBALL” was playing my WASHINGTON REDSKINS on Monday night, when he apparently couldn’t take some good natured ribbing by my SKINS players……So, he did what any immature kid would do……..GIVE THEM THE FINGER…..
Unfortunately for JOHNNY FOOTBALL, all of AMERICA saw it too….in fact, if you were watching the game, you saw a man in a suit walk up behind JOHNNY and whisper something in his ear…..And then you saw this…..
We found out later that the guy was the public relations guy for the CLEVELAND BROWNS….And he was, indeed, letting MR. MANZIEL know that his “ooopsy daisy” went over live TV……You would think people would learn…Especially high profile sports and entertainment people……You have to be careful EVERYWHERE because of modern day technology……
7. Okay, I have a question…..WHO IN THE HECK DECIDES WHAT WORDS MEAN? I was very annoyed the other day to read that JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE was being completely torn apart on Twitter and other avenues because of something he said to MADONNA……The “material girl” had a birthday the other day, and apparently JUSTIN tweeted to her, “Happy Mother ‘F’ in birthday to my NINJA.” Okay, truthfully, I wasn’t really happy with the language part of it, but NINJA? I was told that NINJA is another “code word” for the “N” word….Yep…someone apparently decided that NINJA means a derogatory racist term now…….WHEN WILL THIS POLITICALLY CORRECT CRAP END?
8. Speaking of being “politically correct”, my hat is off to football legend MIKE DITKA….He went off the other day about the WASHINGTON REDSKINS and the controversy surrounding their name…..Here’s a little bit of what “IRON MIKE” said….
“What’s all the stink over the Redskin name?” Ditka said. “It’s so much [horse feces] it’s incredible. .It was said out of reverence, out of pride to the American Indian. This is so stupid it’s appalling, and I hope that owner keeps fighting for it and never changes it, because the Redskins are part of an American football history, and it should never be anything but the Washington Redskins. That’s the way it is.
“Its been the name of the team since the beginning of football. It has nothing to do with something that happened lately, or something that somebody dreamed up. This was the name, period. Leave it alone. These people are silly — asinine, actually, in my opinion.”
(And then, MIKE DITKA issues the line of all lines….)
“It’s all the political correct idiots in America, that’s all it is,” Ditka said.
Way to go MR. DITKA….It’s about time the “other side” has their say……
9. Sad news to report…..The voice of “SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE” has died…..DON PARDO has been the one delivering the opening line since the show started….He actually has only missed a handful of shows since the show started in the mid 70’s….That’s IMPRESSIVE……The legendary voice was 96 years old and was still doing “SNL” up till recently….. Everybody knows his voice…..And everybody waited to hear those words, “IT’S SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE.” And then he would introduce the cast, musical guest and the host……..
I’m sure a lot of you remember what I remember…That DON PARDO was the original announcer for the original “JEOPARDY” back in the 60’s and 70’s……Remember when the show was hosted by ART FLEMING?
ART FLEMING, by the way, died in 1995 at the age of 70…….
I also found a super cool photo of DON PARDO back in his way way way way way early broadcasting days………
10. JOKE OF THE DAY: (perfect for school starting.)
On the first day of college, the dean addressed the students, pointing out some of the rules: “The female dormitory will be out-of-bounds for all male students, and the male dormitory will be off limits to the female students. Anybody caught breaking this rule will be fined $20 the first time. Anybody caught breaking this rule the second time will be fined $60. Being caught a third time will cost you $180. Are there any questions?”
One student raised his hand and asked, “How much for a season pass?”
HAVE A GREAT REST OF THE WEEK…