I ACTUALLY HAVE THIS WEEKEND OFF…YEE HAW…..this is what I’m going to be doing….frolicking in the fields with flowers in my hair…hee hee
Your blog is sponsored by PIERSON FORD IN ABERDEEN….You wouldn’t believe our lot right now……The 2015’s are pouring in, and we MUST make room for them by getting rid of the 2014’s…..Which means one thing…TREMENDOUS SAVINGS….Yep, our 2014’s are priced to move……I MEAN REALLY MOVE…..And if it’s a 2015 you want, we have a great selection of them, with literally, trucks coming in every couple of days……
Have you ever thought about leasing? Many of your friends and neighbors are….Leasing is a great way to drive a brand new vehicle with full warranty for a low price…..How low? Stop and see us and we’ll tell you….PIERSON FORD is in the auto plaza, north highway 281 in ABERDEEN, SOUTH DAKOTA….You can give us a call at 1-800-627-1237, or check out our vast lineup at http://piersonford.com/
1. LET’S START OUT WITH SOME FUN……
Yeah, this guy is in trouble DEEP….no pun intended…….
Halloween candy has been out for like four months, so this one is appropriate….
I think about my sister Lisa when I see this next one…She used to “cook” for me when she was young….
I hope this next one is never me….
And now, the nominees for “most creative answer” in school…Aw heck, just give him the award…..
And finally, yep…true….very true…..
2. Well, since we last spoke, my WASHINGTON REDSKINS lost to the HOUSTON TEXANS in week one of the NFL…Here’s the deal…You CANNOT lose two fumbles within the 10 yard line and expect to win!!!! Oh well, we may rebound this weekend against the JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS….I sincerely hope we start winning, being me and the boys are flying out to watch them in October!!! ha ha
I thought the best comment about the REDSKINS and how they played last Sunday was given by Redskins special teams coach BEN KOTWICA….He compared their loss to the Titanic….He said this….”The food was great….the music sounded wonderful…..and then we hit the iceberg.” Pretty darn creative if you ask me…..
The only thing that took away the sting of the loss was the fact that our arch enemy, the DALLAS COWBOYS were humiliated at home by the SAN FRANCISCO 49’ERS…..
3. The hit TV show “MARRIED WITH CHILDREN” ran for 11 seasons and produced 259 incredibly funny episodes…..Recently the cast got together for “The Mom” on the show, KATEY SAGAL, to receive her “Hollywood Star.” You probably remember what they looked like when the show started in 1987……
Since the show ended, the cast has had a bunch of success. Here’s what they look like today……
4. Back when I was in junior high, I had an INCREDIBLE crush on KRISTI MCNICHOL. And seriously, how could I not?
KRISTI went on to start in great shows like “FAMILY”, and “EMPTY NEST.” She turns 52 years old today…..Here is what she looks like today……
Do you remember her brother JIMMY MCNICHOL?
He is now 53 years old…..And here is what he looks like today…..
5. We lost of couple of celebrities since we last spoke…..The lastest one is RICHARD KIEL…He played the villain “JAWS” on the JAMES BOND movie “THE SPY WHO LOVED ME.”
RICHARD KIEL was 74 when he passed away this week…..
Here he is in 2007 with JAMES BOND himself, actor ROGER MOORE…..
ROGER MOORE by the way, is now 86 years old….Here he is with actor MICHAEL CAINE who is now 81…..
6. And of course, unless you’ve been living under a rock, you know that JOAN RIVERS has died at the age of 81…..Not meaning to be disrespectful to her, I have to tell you that I was never a huge fan…..I appreciate what she did for women comedians, and for what she did for the comedy circuit in general….I enjoyed her comedy, but was never a “huge fan.” And that’s okay…We can’t be huge fans of everybody……
And then, the plastic surgery nightmare happened….
Here’s one with her daughter MELISSA….
7. JOKE OF THE DAY…..
Ol’ Fred had been a religious man who was in the hospital, near death. The family called their preacher to stand with them. As the preacher stood next to the bed, Ol’ Fred’s condition appeared to deteriorate and he motioned frantically for something to write on.
The pastor lovingly handed him a pen and a piece of paper, and Ol’ Fred used his last bit of energy to scribble a note, then he died. The preacher thought it best not to look at the note at that time, so he placed it in his jacket pocket.
At the funeral, as he was finishing the message, he realized that he was wearing the same jacket that he was wearing when Ol’ Fred died.
He said, “You know, Ol’ Fred handed me a note just before he died. I haven’t looked at it, but knowing Fred, I’m sure there’s a word of inspiration there for us all.”
He opened the note, and read out loud, “Hey, you’re standing on my oxygen tube?”
HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!!