Once again, I’M ALIVE…I have been so so so busy….So, let’s not waste time, let’s get right to it…..
Your blog, as always, is sponsored by PIERSON FORD in ABERDEEN, SOUTH DAKOTA!!! Well, guess what we did yesterday? We walked around in drizzly rain hanging new tags in our pre-owned section, and let me tell you this, prices have been marked down BIG TIME….We are ready to move some inventory, so if you’re looking for a pre-owned vehicle, we have them….Don’t forget, PIERSON FORD carries every make and model in our pre-owned section……Check out all of our inventory at http://piersonford.com/ give us a call at 1-800-627-1237, or stop and see us in the auto plaza, north highway 281 in ABERDEEN!!!
1. LET’S HAVE SOME FUN….
This one always cracks me up….
Sadly, this next one is true for me…ha ha
How about a little poultry humor?
HMMM…i’ve always wondered about the next one….
Wow, that is some great work!!!
2. As you probably know, my boys and I are going to Washington, DC in October to see my beloved Redskins play football. We are also doing a bunch of historical touring….I love going to DC…I am a huge history buff, so I am in second heaven when I go there….
One of the things we are signed up for is a tour of FedEx Field, where my favorite team plays……The only catch is, we are the first three to sign up…They must have 20 people in order to take the tour…All three of us will be brokenhearted if we can’t take the tour……One of the highlights of the tour is going in the Redskins locker room…..Yep, I may wet myself……..
3. Speaking of football, here are a couple of NFL notes to talk about…….
****First of all, some terribly sad news….Former Tennessee Titans kicker Rob Bironas was killed over the weekend in a car accident in Tennessee…….This impacted my son Tyler the most, because he is a diehard Titans fan, and loved Bironas…….Rob will go down in history as the FOURTH most accurate kicker in NFL history….How about that? Sadly, also, he just got married to Terry Bradshaw’s daughter Rachel……
Rob Bironas was killed less than a mile from his home…He was only 36……
****Well, I could have predicted this one….RG3 is hurt and Kirk Cousins is in….And, if you are keeping track, Kirk is kicking butt and taking names…Wow…He is playing incredibly great, in fact, many people are thinking that if he keeps it up, my Skins might have to trade RG3 and keep Cousins to be their franchise quarterback….My opinion? That’s okay with me…..I am still a huge fan of RG3 and always will be….But it all comes down to winning games………And RG3 hasn’t been able to keep healthy much in his few years in the NFL…..I will tell you this….If RG3 comes back and my Skins trade Kirk Cousins, I will throw A FIT……..
By the way, the nickname game has already started….First there was RG3…And now?
****And, in Minnesota, the Teddy Bridgewater era is UNDERWAY…..Matt Cassel was injured last week, and just today was placed the injured reserve list, which means his season is over……And, “Teddy mania” is sweeping the upper midwest….Hang on folks….It’s going to take a little time for Teddy to adapt….Will he be great? All signs point to yes…….But remember, we have all been excited before about rookie quarterbacks, and some of them have been total busts……
4. My wife and I went to see a play in Aberdeen this past weekend at the Capitol Theater…I am not much on plays, but I am SO VERY GLAD that we went to this one, because it is, so far, the best play I have EVER seen, and I have seen plays at the Guthrie and Chanhassen…..The play was called “Leading Ladies.”
We were blown away by the actors, especially the young red headed man, who is, get this….SIXTEEN YEARS OLD……My friend Kelsey also appeared in it, and she was MARVELOUS……The play centered on a couple of con men who were trying to get into the will of a rich lady who was dying….The only problem was, the two people who were named in the will were WOMEN….So, you guessed it….They dressed up as women…and then men…and then women…..I can’t imagine how fast they had to get changed…Anyway, hats off to Aberdeen Community Theater, proving once again, that you don’t have to travel to the “big city” for quality plays!!!!!
5. Country music has lost their “International Ambassador Of Country Music.” George Hamilton IV, died last week in Nashville after suffering a heart attack….He was 77 years old….George grew up listening to my favorite singer, Hank Williams……He then took on singing on his own, and because a member of the Grand Ole Opry….George Hamilton IV is known for a few hits, but none bigger than his 1963 hit that was produced by Chet Atkins……
If you ever had the chance to meet him, you will remember him as an extremely nice, soft voiced man…..Very pleasant……Remember his hit?
6. Well, some people are getting my gander up again……I have had so much trouble lately with people driving in the LEFT LANE, which is the turning lane on our streets, in some cases…..If it’s not for turning, it’s CERTAINLY for passing other vehicles….The other day, we had a packed line in the right lane, and one guy driving 15 MPH in the left lane……Yep, you guessed it…My road rage set in…..ha ha….I need to relax more when driving…..But, I have always had trouble accepting poor driving skills…..Just this morning, I almost rear ended a guy who decided to switch lanes and hurry up and turn, with NO BLINKERS ON…..That would have REALLY upset me….
7. I have good news and bad news concerning one of my favorite rock and roll bands of all time…..
The good news concerning AC/DC is that they are now recording their first album in six years called “Rock Or Bust.” The sad news is, they are doing it WITHOUT founding member Malcolm Young, who has an “undisclosed illness”, although the rumor mill says it is cancer……..This will be the first time in 41 years that Malcolm has not recorded or toured with his band….Very sad……..Here is Malcolm Young, including a picture with his brother Angus, who formed the band with him……
I have had the pleasure of seeing AC/DC in concert two times, and hopefully, there will be a third…..It also thrills me that both of my boys have already seen this rock and roll legendary band…..
8. JOKE OF THE DAY:
After just a few years of marriage, filled with constant arguments, a young man and his wife decided the only way to save their marriage was to try counseling. They had been at each other’s throat for some time and felt that this was their last straw. When they arrived at the counselor’s office, the counselor jumped right in and opened the floor for discussion.
“What seems to be the problem?” Immediately, the husband held his long face down without anything to say. On the other hand, the wife began talking 90 miles an hour describing all the wrongs within their marriage.
After 5…10…15 minutes of listening to the wife, the counselor went over to her, picked her up by her shoulders, kissed her passionately for several minutes, and sat her back down. Afterwards, the wife sat there speechless.
He looked over at the husband who was staring in disbelief at what had happened. The counselor spoke to the husband, “Your wife NEEDS that at least twice a week!”
The husband scratched his head and replied, “I can have her here every Tuesday and Thursday.”
THANKS FOR READING THE BLOG!!! TAKE CARE, MY FRIENDS….