HEY…HOW’S IT GOING….I’M PRETTY GOOD……9 DAYS UNTIL WASHINGTON, D.C.!!!! Seriously, it can’t come fast enough……
This fun blog is sponsored by your friends at PIERSON FORD in ABERDEEN, SOUTH DAKOTA….Hey, guess what? it’s October, which means great new deals from FORD on their full lineup…..As I’ve talked about before, the 2015’s are coming in and the 2014’s have to go……It’s fun watching the trucks roll in with new 2015’s….Some of them newly designed……
And if it’s leasing you want, we have some incredible lease specials right now…….Save huge money by leasing a FORD FUSION, FORD FOCUS, or any other great FORD product…..
Contact PIERSON FORD today by calling us at 1-800-627-1237, or better yet, stop and see us in the auto plaza, north highway 281 in ABERDEEN….check out our incredible lineup online at http://piersonford.com/
1. LET’S HAVE SOME FUN…..
Well, I know that I’m not falling for this A THIRD TIME……..
I have a couple of people I need to take to the area around this sign so it’s “legal.”
Hmmm…My Papa knew “French” too…..
This is the one that made me laugh out loud and then feel bad about laughing…..
This sounds a lot like me lately…..
2. Well, I am officially CRUSHED…..After days, if not weeks of wrangling with some office people trying to get a Redskins tour of FedEx field on our D.C. vacation, it has all gone down the toilet…..I was informed today that they are no longer doing Thursday tours the weeks of gamedays……But, they didn’t know that last week…Hmmm….Anyway, they offered us the 11AM tour on Wednesday….The problem is, we don’t get in to D.C. until 10:35AM….Maybe DC isn’t that big of a city, and I can make it across town in 20 minutes…….(wink wink)
3. But, we had some good news for the trip….I was just informed thru one of our Congress members, that my sons and I were granted passes to enter the WHITE HOUSE….Yeah, how about that?
To be fair, I have been in the WHITE HOUSE before on a bus tour many years ago….But since the horrible day of 9-11, things have changed…It’s tougher to get into the WHITE HOUSE….Unless, of course, you just jump the fence and run towards it…..IDIOT……
We are also having one our Congressional member’s staff give us an “in depth” tour of the CAPITOL building….
I also have had this tour before, but it’s been years ago…..I am a history buff, and traveling around WASHINGTON, D.C. is my kind of day……..I CAN’T WAIT!!!
4. Since we last talked, three things have happened in sports that have made me a VERY VERY HAPPY MAN….
****The Minnesota Gopher’s football team beat Michigan, IN Michigan….
****Number 11 Mississippi knocked off number 1 Alabama…..Take that Nick Saban….
****The New York Yankees have missed the playoffs again……That probably makes me happiest……
5. Speaking of baseball, ever since my Minnesota Twins were eliminated from playoff contention back in April when they were two weeks into the season, I have been wondering who I will be cheering for in the postseason….Well, I now know……
The ROYALS have not been in the American League Championship Series since 1985….Yeah, 1985…..It’s about time they do something, and they’re winning games in dramatic fashion!! I never thought I would say this but…..GO ROYALS!!!!!
6. All of this crap going on in the world is ridiculous……Why can’t we all just get along? This person is trying to kill this person….This group wants this group dead……It makes me sick…..
Remember the good old days when “ISIS” was just a Saturday morning cartoon?
(seen here with SHAZAM)
7. MOVIE TIME……Since we last spoke, my beautiful wife and I have been gracing the theaters watching a few movies…..Here is a short synopsis of each……..
Yesterday we saw the new Ben Affleck movie “GONE GIRL.” Good movie, except the ending SUCKED….My wife had read the book and was waiting to see my expression when the movie ended….I don’t think she liked my expression…ha ha……And, they showed a certain part of Ben’s anatomy in the movie that really didn’t have to be part of the movie……
Most of you know that I am a horror movie buff, so it’s no surprise that I LOVED the movie “ANNABELLE”, which is the prequel to “THE CONJURING”, which scared the “you know what” out of me……”ANNABELLE” had some horror spots where you jump out of your seats, and I even yelled a word out loud during one of them, which brought sheer delight to my son TYLER…..
However, wait until you see which one was my FAVORITE of the three movies that I saw…….
Great story….Great acting by an all star cast…..Do you know how I knew I was going to like this movie? BECAUSE THE CRITICS HATED IT!!!! This is one of those movies that I could have gone to twice…….
8. Speaking of “horror”, we are just days away from the long awaited new season of “AMERICAN HORROR STORY”…..This season is called “FREAK SHOW.” And it looks superb…..
The show looks FREAKY….Oh wait, that’s in the title………What is surprising is that I can’t wait for the show, even though there will be CLOWNS in the movie….And I despise clowns…always have…always will……
9. And now, it’s time for WHERE ARE THEY TODAY? Today we feature actress OLYMPIA DUKAKIS….Remember her?
OLYMPIA appeared in, and won awards for great movies like “MOONSTRUCK”. She starred in this movie with CHER….
And, she was a big part of the all star cast of “STEEL MAGNOLIAS.”
And in case you’re wondering, yes, OLYMPIA DUKAKIS is related to MICHAEL DUKAKIS…They are cousins…MICHAEL, of course, was the Democratic nominee for President in 1988…….
OLYMPIA DUKAKIS is now 83 years old, and here’s what she looks like today…..
10. JOKE OF THE DAY……..
Mom and Dad were trying to console Susie whose dog, Skipper, had recently died.
“You know,” Mom said, “it’s not so bad. Skipper’s probably up in Heaven right now, having a grand old time with God.”
Susie stopped crying and asked, “What would God want with a dead dog?”
HOW ABOUT ONE MORE?
Two guys get pulled over while drinking and driving.
The driver tells his friend, “Peel the labels off these beer bottles, and we’ll each stick one on our forehead. Now, shove all of the bottles under the front seat. Just let me do all the talking.”
The cop walks up and shines his flashlight into the car. “Have you been drinking?” he asks.
“No, sir,” the drunk answers. “We haven’t had a thing to drink tonight.”
“Then what on earth are those beer labels doing on your foreheads?”
“We’re both alcoholics,” says the drunk. “We’re on the patch.”
HAVE AN AWESOME WEEK…