C’MON VACATION…NEXT WEDNESDAY….I THINK I’M GOING TO MAKE IT….
Your blog is sponsored by PIERSON FORD IN ABERDEEN!!!! Today I want to focus on a recent trade that I am in love with!!! We just took in a beautiful 2013 FORD EXPLORER with only 36,000 miles on it, and it’s in a gorgeous COPPER color…..
Front bucket seats….rear backup sensors…..backup camera…..lots of extras in this beauty!!! Give us a call for more information at 1-800-627-1237, stop and see us in the auto plaza in ABERDEEN, or check us out on the worldwide web at http://piersonford.com/
1. LET’S GET A GOOD LAUGH!!!!
UMMM…PROOFREED…I MEAN, PROOFREAD…..
YOU CAN’T MAKE STUFF LIKE THIS UP…..
HMM..THIS LADY HAS A POINT…..
BE CAREFUL GRANDMA!!!!!!
THIS ONE IS UTTERLY RIDICULOUS…..
AND YOU THOUGHT YOU’VE HAD A “CRAPPY” NIGHT SLEEP BEFORE!!!!!
“IT’S JUST THE BEAR NECESSITIES…THE SIMPLE BEAR NECESSITIES…”
2. SOAPBOX TIME: Recently someone complained about the Aberdeen Central football team praying before games, with the coach leading the prayer……..Well, this ONE PERSON got things going, and now the coaches cannot lead the prayers……There was an atheist group in Wisconsin that got involved….SERIOUSLY PEOPLE? ONE PERSON IS UPSET AND THINGS CHANGE? WHAT ABOUT THE MASSES THAT WANT IT? This country is getting ridiculous….everybody is so “touchy” and if their feelings get hurt even a little bit, then changes need to be made…..I, for one, am tired of this junk…….If the majority wants things to stay like they are, they should stay like they are….it’s that simple…….
3. Speaking of football, last night I ventured up to Oakes, ND to watch the Oakes Tornadoes play football. I have one of my church kids playing on the team, and I TRY to get to at least one game by my church kids each year….
This Oakes football team is GOOD…They are undefeated and are getting ready for the playoffs…..They have a very quick kickoff team, and a quarterback and running back that are super fast…..It would be fun to see an area team like Oakes go far into the playoffs in ND….And, of course, I personally want them to win, because my buddy Jeffrey plays for them…..By the way, this is not him in the above photo…..
4. Well, we are literally hours away from boarding a plane and heading to our nation’s capitol……It is just me and the boys……Check out my incredibly handsome young men…..
Too bad I had to drag down that nice photo….Anyway, my wife decided she didn’t want to go, so it’s a guy’s trip…..That’s kind of scary….Actually, it isn’t, we are well behaved……
What are we going to do in the big city? TONS OF THINGS…..
We start out by seeing the legendary 70’s band “AMERICA”…..Yes, you probably remember that My wife, Mitchell and I saw them a few months ago, but Tyler hasn’t seen them, and they are incredibly good…..I can’t wait to see them sing their big hits…..
And, of course, many many more….Here are the guys back in their heyday…..
And, here they are today…..
Let’s listen to a couple of their songs…This one is my fave…”Sister Golden Hair.”
And here’s the classic “Ventura Highway.”
5. And what else are we doing? Lots of fun stuff….History….Music….FOOTBALL AND HOCKEY!!!
As I mentioned before, we were granted passes to tour the White House!!!
The Capitol building is incredible….We will see the deep inside of it as well…..
One things we didn’t have time to do last time, and WILL do this time is visit the Holocaust Museum…..
I told the boys we were going to spend a long time walking thru Arlington National Cemetery as well….
I made my boy’s day recently when I bought them tickets to see a band called “Minus The Bear.” I don’t know them, but the boys love them……
All three of us have SERIOUSLY gotten in to NHL Hockey…..And we’re excited to see Alex Ovechkin play for the Washington Capitols, as they host Florida…….
And, of course, the main reason we are there….FOOTBALL….Mitchell and my Washington Redskins host Tyler’s favorite team, the Tennessee Titans…..I promised Tyler that whenever these two teams played we would go see them, so, HERE WE GO…..
Of course, I’m getting mentally prepared for our clashes with protesters…..They will be abundant and vocal….But I strongly feel that if they are allowed to give their views loudly, I am allowed to give MY views loudly…….So, I’m ready……
6. Sad Hollywood news…..Former “SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE” member Jan Hooks has died at only 57…..TMZ is reporting that she was suffering from a “serious illness.” Jan Hooks played some memorable characters on “SNL” including playing opposite Phil Hartman as Tammy Faye Bakker and Jim Bakker…..Remember how her mascara ran everywhere when she cried? Ha ha…..
These two also appeared as “The Clintons.”
After “SNL” Jan appeared on “Designing Women”…Here she is with co-star Julia Duffy…
And, who can forget Jan Hook’s spectacular role in “Pee Wee’s Big Adventure”…..See if you remember this part….
Rest in peace, Jan Hooks….Here is a fairly recent picture of her……
7. More sad news….My wife and I were huge fans of the movie “August Osage County” starring Meryl Streep, Julia Roberts and many more…The movie also featured an actress by the name of Misty Upham. She played the housekeeper and cook for the family……She is now missing somewhere in the state of Washington…..She was apparently staying with her sister and wandered off…..Her family says she has a medical condition……We wish the best to her and we hope that they find her soon…She has been missing since October 5TH…Misty also appeared in the movie “Django Unchained.” Here she is with Meryl Streep, and with the cast of the movie…Misty is on the left in the blue dress……
8. Most people that know me know that I DESPISE clowns…I have been afraid of them since childhood, and while I am not “afraid” of them anymore, they still creep me out and I’d just soon not be around one……Well, “American Horror Story-Freak Show” debuted this past Wednesday, and wouldn’t you know? THERE’S A DERANGED CLOWN IN THE SHOW….AND HE IS SCARY!!!!
I literally had goose bumps watching him the other night…..yuck……
9. JOKE OF THE DAY:
So, I’m sure you all heard of John Hoki, the inventor of the Hokey Pokey. While John’s life is well known, what’s not so well know, is a story that happened at his funeral.
Being that John was quite a popular fella, mostly due to the Hokey Pokey, which spread like wildfire through his small Middle Eastern town, thousands showed up for his funeral, all coming to bid him farewell.
Well, it happened right before the ceremony was about to begin, when the undertaker gently lifted John up to place him in the coffin. The problem that arose was that as soon as they put his right foot in…….(I’m sure you can figure out the rest.)
OKAY…HOW ABOUT ONE MORE?
Brian’s stress level was at unsurpassed levels. His wife Maggie was in labor and Brian was sure it was time to head to the hospital. Breathing heavily, Brian grabbed the phone and called the doctor. “MY WIFE, SHE’S READY, SHOULD WE COME?” The doctor tried to relax the poor fellow, “just try to relax, now tell me how much time elapses between the contractions?” “SHIRLEY!” Brian screamed on the top of his lungs, “HOW MUCH TIME IN BETWEEN THE CONTRACTIONS? TEN MINUTES? OK, TEN MINUTES IN BETWEEN!”
“And is this her first child?” Questioned the doctor. “NO YOU STUPID NITWIT, THIS IS HER HUSBAND!”
ENJOY THE NEXT WEEK….TALK TO YOU SOON…