HEY, I’M BACK FROM GOOD OLD D.C…..LOTS OF STUFF TO TALK TO YOU ABOUT…..
***by the way, Happy Birthday today to my beautiful Mama…She turns 71 today….LOVE YOU SO MUCH, MOM!!!
Your favorite blog is sponsored by the good folks at PIERSON FORD in ABERDEEN….Wow, I was told over 400 people attended our annual “hunter’s breakfast” this past Saturday morning!!! That is impressive…..Do you know what else is impressive? I was only gone for FIVE DAYS and there’s a bunch of different pre owned vehicles on the lot….That just goes to show that our inventory DOES change all the time!!! I also noticed that a new batch of 2014 FORD F-150’S just came in too…..Not many people have such a great lineup as we have!!!! To see our incredible lineup, you need to do one of three things…..call us at 1-800-627-1237, stop and see us in the auto plaza, north highway 281 in Aberdeen, right across from Shopko, or see all of our inventory online at http://piersonford.com/
1. LET’S LIGHTEN THE MOOD WITH SOME JOCULARITY……
Hmmm…so just how dressed up are they at the “other store?” WOW….I must have missed that person…..
Man, this brings back memories….
Ummm…you had better go back to watch a few episodes of “WILD KINGDOM.”
So, is this what I have to look forward to?
FINALLY!!! a workout created JUST FOR ME!!!!
I knew this was a big deal, but I didn’t know HOW BIG!!!
2. Dear certain airline that we flew on…..I don’t feel it’s necessary to mention your name, because many will figure it out after reading this….I want to know where you get off charging me over $500 dollars per flight, and then adding on an ADDITIONAL $25 PER BAG THAT FLIES UNDERNEATH THE PLANE? Seriously? I spend over $1500 to take my kids on a vacation, and YOU have the gall to charge me another $150 dollars for a job that literally takes 2-3 minutes? This is ridiculous……And, just to let you know…I saw quite a few people standing around scratching their behinds, and not working…..Hmmm…maybe here’s an idea……GET THEM TO LOAD PEOPLE’S LUGGAGE…FOR FREE…..Sincerely, one tired, cranky flyer…….
3. My boys and I had an incredible few days in Washington, DC……I will give you a short synopsis, with pictures….
***We did a tour of the Capitol building and the White House, courtesy of Rep. KRISTI NOEM….Her office was terrific in lining up these two visits, and one of KRISTI’S employees, ANDREW, was incredible in his knowledge of the Capitol…..For instance, DID YOU KNOW that the speakers of the house and senate, get to personally walk into any Smithsonian Museum, and choose an ORIGINAL ART PRINT that they want put on their office walls? Yep, it’s true…..Except when they are heavy smokers…..Then the Smithsonian can turn them down……
Our White House tour was a self guided tour, in which we saw numerous rooms around the legendary house….It was super cool, and we even saw the room where the President holds his meetings and press conferences…..Cool….
We checked out the Washington Monument, and once again, didn’t get to go to the top…..Last time was because it was closed, and this time was because they had sold out on daily tickets before we got there……
I always enjoy checking out the Lincoln memorial…..here are Mitchell, Tyler…and ABE….
No doubt, the most emotional part of our trip was a visit to the Holocaust Museum. I can’t, for the life of me think as to why someone in their right mind would do something so horrific as to what happened to these poor people….I guess the reason is why the words “right mind” don’t fit that maniacal leader…….Death, was too easy for Hitler…..
We also went to see the band “AMERICA” at the legendary “BIRCHMERE MUSIC HALL.” It was incredible….We made a stop at an area mall, and I found a very creative store name……
And, we went to see an NHL hockey game….The Washington Capitals hosted the Florida Panthers….The home team won in a SHOOTOUT that went the full capacity……I will tell you this, however….There is NO better hockey game and fan participation than the Minnesota Wild at the ExCel Center…..
But, the MAIN REASON we were there was….FOOTBALL….Yeah, my Washington Redskins played Tyler’s Tennessee Titans…I should clarify that my son Mitchell is a huge huge Skins fan, too…..
We arrived early so we could walk the parking lots and check out some tailgating….Look at these vehicles we found…..
I think that we had goose bumps when we walked over a small hill and saw the stadium…..
My boys and I were dressed for the occasion….
Here are some game day photos including Super Bowl MVP Mark Rypien getting inducted into the Redskins Ring Of Honor…….
Our Skins wore retro uniforms, I believe, dating back to their first year in 1937……
And, I had to take a picture for my sister Krista, and our friend Tiffanie, who are IN LOVE with Ryan Kerrigan……My sister’s fantasy football team name is “Ryan taught me how to Kerrigan.” say it a few times, you’ll get it…ha ha
And, at the end of the game, you could hear over 80,000 screaming fans, and I could also hear my son Tyler’s heart breaking…..Skins kicker Kai Forbath kicked a field goal as time expired as the Redskins beat the Titans……
4. One observation from the game….We did not see ONE protestor at the game….And we walked almost completely around the building……IF, in fact, they WERE NOT there, then I think they are gutless…..It’s easy to go picket and protest at our away games when there are only a few thousand Skins fans in attendance….But, you want to stick by your guns? Then come on into FedEx Field and protest in front of over 80,000 rabid fans……That would be interesting……By the way, I read about a new poll today that showed that only 14 percent of people polled think the name should be changed……That same poll a few months ago had over 20 percent wanting a name change…..People are losing interest in all of this…..People are finding out there is more things to worry about rather than a football team’s name……
5. It’s one of my favorite weeks of the year……”THE HAUNTED FOREST” at Wylie park in Aberdeen……The Aberdeen Optimist’s Club and the Parks and Rec Department, put on this annual event, and it is INCREDIBLE……Every year these fine folks go to national meetings and gatherings to find out the latest in “scare tactics.” This is truly one of the best haunts anywhere…..My wife and I go each year…..We actually plan OTHER events around this one…..Why? check it out……
NEED I SAY MORE? The “Haunted Forest” is this weekend…..Friday’s show tour starts at 6:30pm, and Saturday will also start at 6:30pm, HOWEVER, they put on a Saturday afternoon, in the daylight, show for kids from 1pm to 3pm……..It’s an awesome time……spine tingling….exciting……
6. Oh, one more football story…….IT’S THAT SPECIAL WEEK OF THE YEAR…..
I do think it’s the best rivalry in sports…..I don’t know how this year will go, because my Skins are sucking it up, and the Cowboys are going gangbusters…..But, it’s still a great rivalry game…..Here’s how I hope it ends up…..
7. Sad news…..When I last left you, searchers were looking for actress Misty Upham….Well, they found her….unfortunately they found her body….Misty’s body was found in a Seattle suburb…She was only 32….Misty Upham appeared in movies like “Frozen River”, and “August Osage County”. Here is the beautiful actress, including one with Jane Fonda…..
8. More sad news….The founder and lead singer of the group “MANHATTAN TRANSFER” has died….Tim Hauser was 72, and died of cardiac arrest last Thursday…..
“MANHATTAN TRANSFER” is known for their tight harmonies and their fun songs…..Their biggest hit was in 1981…..Remember “BOY FROM NEW YORK CITY?”
I was also a huge fan of their song “TRICKLE TRICKLE”….
9. It’s amazing how used you get to things…..Jeannie and I have been married for 27 years now……I have a lot of trouble sleeping when I’m alone..and while we were in Washington, I had to reposition my pillows to feel like she was behind me……Silly….but it helped…ha ha….
9. JOKE OF THE DAY:
Lawyers should never ask a Georgia grandma a question if they aren’t prepared for the answer.
In a trial, a Southern small-town prosecuting attorney called his first witness, a grandmotherly, elderly woman to the stand. He approached her and asked, ‘Mrs. Jones, do you know me?’ She responded, “Why, yes, I do know you, Mr. Williams. I’ve known you since you were a boy, and frankly, you’ve been a big disappointment to me. You lie, you cheat on your wife, and you manipulate people and talk about them behind their backs. You think you’re a big shot when you haven’t the brains to realize you’ll never amount to anything more than a two-bit paper pusher. Yes, I know you.”
The lawyer was stunned. Not knowing what else to do, he pointed across the room and asked, “Mrs. Jones, do you know the defense attorney?”
She again replied, “Why yes, I do. I’ve known Mr. Bradley since he was a youngster, too. He’s lazy, bigoted, and he has a drinking problem. He can’t build a normal relationship with anyone, and his law practice is one of the worst in the entire state. Not to mention he cheated on his wife with three different women. One of them was your wife. Yes, I know him.”
The defense attorney nearly died.
The judge asked both counselors to approach the bench and, in a very quiet voice, said, “If either of you idiots asks her if she knows me, I’ll send you both to the electric chair.”
HAVE A GREAT WEEK!!!!