WELL, HERE WE GO…DAY TWO OF THE WORK WEEK….
I would certainly like to thank PIERSON FORD in ABERDEEN for sponsoring this blog….Without PIERSON FORD, I wouldn’t be doing this blog at this time!!! So, if you like (or love) the blog, you should really thank them…..At PIERSON FORD, we are getting ready to end another month and get ready for another one……And, I hate to even think about it, or certainly SAY IT, but we have to get ready for winter…….We have an incredible lineup of new and pre-owned pickups, including dozens and dozens of brand new FORD F-150’S on the lot…..If you are looking pre-owned, we have FORDS, CHEVYS, TOYOTAS, DODGES, whatever you want in pre-owned, we have!!!
Check out our incredible lineup online at http://piersonford.com/ call us at 1-800-627-1237, or better yet, come on out and see PIERSON FORD in the auto plaza, north highway 281 in ABERDEEN, SOUTH DAKOTA…..
1. LET’S HAVE SOME HALLOWEEN FUN!!!
Hmmm..I didn’t know this is what they meant!!!
My wife loved this one…being she’s a zombie fanatic…..
I never realized that Dracula suffered from the same disease as millions of others…..
And now, some “ghostly” humor….
2. Speaking of Halloween, I like to go back and remember some of my favorite Halloween costumes that I wore….I do believe that this one was my favorite……”I KNOW YOU ARE…BUT WHAT AM I?”
Our son, Tyler was small when I did this and Mitchell was a baby….Tyler didn’t like Daddy dressing up like this….At first, he didn’t know who I was, so it scared him even more…….
3. Tired of people stealing your lunch at work? Tired of people saying that they “didn’t know the food was yours?” Well, thank to yours truly, you will never have that problem EVER AGAIN…..Check out this lunchbox that everybody needs…..
Hopefully people will “have a heart” and stop taking your food…..I don’t think they would have the “stomach” for this….sorry, I’m just “kidneying” around…….
4. WHAT A MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL GAME!!! It is one of the greatest rivalries in NFL history….My beloved WASHINGTON REDSKINS versus the much despised DALLAS COWBOYS…..DALLAS was a huge favorite in this game….Hardly anybody was picking my Skins to win……I told everybody at work and at church this week, that when these two teams play, you can throw the records out the window…..It took overtime, but my team prevailed…..It featured lots of drama including Cowboy’s quarterback Tony Romo getting hurt and having to leave the game….
Dez Bryant snuck in for a touchdown…..
And our “third string” quarterback Colt McCoy raced into the end zone as well…I will tell you this, Colt didn’t look third string last night……
A couple of things really bothered me last night….First of all, Cowboy’s quarterback Tony Romo came back into the game with like two minutes left in the game……He was actually spotted on the sidelines BEGGING the doctors to let him in….I remember a time when the doctor’s orders STUCK and players LISTENED TO THEM….I have Cowboys fans who are friends of mine, that actually think that this bonehead move killed their chances of winning last night…..
But the one thing that burned my buns more than anything last night was the CONSTANT camera footage of Cowboy’s egomaniac owner Jerry Jones…..They even went as far as to put headphones on him from his booth, so he could talk to the announcers…..I have NEVER EVER seen that done before…..And his being on the sidelines in the third quarter? RIDICULOUS……Stay up in your suite where you belong!!! This guy’s ego is actually BIGGER than the state of Texas……
5. Speaking of football, I cannot wait for this weekend…..My families two weeks of fun comes to an end this weekend, as we head to Minneapolis for some fun……
First of all, this Saturday night, we are going to watch our favorite hockey team, the MINNESOTA WILD take on their arch rivals, the DALLAS STARS….Yes, the team that took the NORTH STARS from MINNESOTA…..And, the fact that they are from Dallas, makes me cheer against them even louder….Of course, I’m not happy with my WILD….They gave up FIVE GOALS in the THIRD PERIOD last night to lose to the New York Rangers….
And, on Sunday noon, we get to see if my favorite football team can make it THREE in a row….You might see us on TV, because we have seats in the first row center in the end zone…..Watch for me and my boys…I will be wearing my Redskins “half and half” jersey…..
Then to wrap up our weekend, we get to see the legendary JAMES TAYLOR in concert!!!! I love the fact that my boys love our music from the 70’s and 80’s…They both even own turntables and are constantly buying ALBUMS….YES, ALBUMS….They are making a big comeback!!!
I will be in “music heaven” when JAMES plays my favorite song of his….
It’s going to be a great weekend…but the best part is being with my wife and boys…..
6. There are many injustices in our world…And this one is definitely one of them…..17 years after his untimely death, this musical genius FINALLY got his Hollywood Star….
THE CRIME? People like this already have their star….
In this society, we make celebrities of the most undeserving people!!!
7. MOVIE ALERT!!!! My wife and I saw a great movie the other night….
HOW CAN YOU GO WRONG WITH ROBERT DOWNEY, JR. AND ROBERT DUVALL? Great story, superb acting…perfect combination….
8. CAKE ANYONE? We are in the process of ordering a cake that is 11 inches high, 10 inches wide and weighs 23 pounds!!! an apple pie, pecan pie, chocolate pie, and a pumpkin pie INSIDE of a cake…..
We figured it out and we will each get TWO POUNDS of cake….CAN YOU SAY STOMACH ACHE?
9. JOKE OF THE DAY….
A turtle is crossing the road when he’s mugged by two snails. When the police show up, they ask him what happened. The shaken turtle replies, “I don’t know. It all happened so fast.”
HAVE A GREAT WEEK!!!!