WOW..HALFWAY THRU NOVEMBER ALREADY….I DON’T KNOW MUCH…BUT I DO KNOW THIS….
Your favorite blog is sponsored by Pierson Ford in Aberdeen, South Dakota….I was out on the lot yesterday and noticed an entire row of brand new Ford Explorer’s….If you haven’t driven one yet, what are you waiting for?
These babies are sleek, beautiful, and they handle on the road like no other vehicle…Plus you have plenty of room…
Pierson Ford also has “BLACK FRIDAY” specials coming up….They start Wednesday the 19th, but you can come in today and put down a deposit and hold your vehicle….
These are only TWO of the many specials…..Check out our entire lineup online at http://piersonford.com/ or call us at 1-800-627-1237…Or better yet, stop and see us in the auto plaza, north highway 281 in Aberdeen!!!
1. LET’S HAVE SOME FUN…..
UMMMMM… you might want to rethink this one…..
A big thanks to my wife as well….(PHEW)
This message was thoughtful…until it ended…WOW….
This one is funny…and does not reflect my life….(especially when some former girlfriends and schoolmates read the blog..hee hee)
This one is just too cute and funny not to share…..
And finally…..this one seems to pertain to all of us….at some time….
2. Well, my darling and I went to see “Dumb and Dumber 2” last night….We very very seldom go to a movie on opening night because of the crowds….This one, however, we have been planning for quite some time….and the verdict? AWESOME…HILARIOUS….GUTBUSTING FUNNY…… I really think that I should have worn a depends….
Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels were hilarious again….I knew it had to be pretty good, because these two have turned down script after script….and it took 20 years for the sequel….
If you liked the original “Dumb And Dumber” you SHOULD love this one too…..The laughs come a mile a minute…I think I could get more out of the movie seeing it again…Which I’m sure we will…Numerous times….Maybe once more in the theater, and then countless times on TV…Just like we have with the original…
My wife and I are impressed with Jeff Daniels, and how he can go from playing “Harry” on this movie, to playing the lead on our favorite HBO show “The Newsroom.”
3. I’M GETTING CULTURED!!! We are going to the Aberdeen Community Theater’s new play tonight…..
I am really not excited getting crazy about Christmas this early, but we cannot turn down a chance to see another play with this theater company…THEY ARE AMAZING….And, it looks great, too….
A lot of people must be excited as well….We had to try very hard to get tickets……
4. Speaking of the Holiday season, I must get on my soapbox again…..I am sick and tired of the retail world taking away our family time…..The “Black Friday” sales are getting earlier and earlier…My son works in retail and he has to be at work at 5:00 Thanksgiving DAY!!! That is silly……The very core of the family has been shaken for years…Torn apart by modern technology and other aspects….This idiotic move is also helping crush the family unit……I know of people who either skip, or leave their Thanksgiving meal early so they can get to town and get a hotel room to get rested for “Black Thursday” deals…..
To the retailers…..LEAVE OUR FAMILY TIME ALONE…..We need to have this time together and not worry about shopping…I could care less what you do at midnight on Friday…GO CRAZY…DO WHATEVER…But leave our Thanksgiving alone….And by the way, my prediction is that in the next 2-3 years, these sales will be taking place ALL DAY Thanksgiving…….THANKS FOR NOTHING…….
5. Oh, by the way, now that “Dumb And Dumber” has been crossed off of our movie list, we have another one we are waiting to see….I believe it comes out next weekend…..
I’m sure it will be a bit raunchy like the original, but the cast ensemble is hilarious…They work extremely well together….Can’t wait…..
6. My heart is saddened every time a church closes….And it really hits home when it’s a local church…..My wife Jeannie’s home church is closing……Her Dad’s funeral was there, and we were MARRIED there…..
I realize all good things must come to an end eventually, but this makes me very sad…We have many incredible memories from that church……Especially our wedding…..Thank you Roslyn Lutheran Church for your service to God!!!
7. Remember the great singer Helen Reddy?
Well, she apparently is getting ready to go out on tour again….She is now 73 years old, believe it or not….Helen Reddy had some really good music back in the 70’s…..
And, by far, my personal favorite of hers….Love this one…..Can’t get enough of it…..
I have always thought that she was such a pretty lady…And she still is at 73!!!!
I would for sure drive to Minneapolis to see her…I hope she gets that close……
8. OK…How about some Helen Reddy music? Here’s my favorite……”LEAVE ME ALONE…RUBY RED DRESS.”
And here’s the anthem song “I AM WOMAN.”
Wow…she still sounds GREAT…..
9. I love reading engagement announcements of people who have wild last names…Here are some i found…
Sounds like someone could be losing their mind in this one….
MMM…CAN I HAVE SOME EGGS TOO?
I think this marriage has the potential of being a party ALL THE TIME….
This one must be a laugh a minute….(aren’t they all?)
And finally, isn’t this kind of the goal of the whole thing?
10. Kim Kardashian….What can I say? She is now posing nude in a magazine article for papermag.com…..I only give you the address to save you time if you want to see…..I don’t know why celebrities continue to feel that they have to prove something by appearing nude…..Some of them say that they are pushing the “censors” to see what the limit is….Well, in my opinion, this is overboard…..By the way, I think you could serve drinks on her behind……..
11. JOKE OF THE DAY:
Adam was walking around the Garden of Eden feeling very lonely, so God asked Adam, “What is wrong with you?”
Adam said, “Lord, I don’t have anyone to talk to.”
God said, “Then I will give you a companion, and she will be called a ‘woman’. This person will cook for you and wash your clothes, she will always agree with every decision you make. She will bear your children and never ask you to get up in the middle of the night to take care of them. She will not nag you, and will always be the first to admit she was wrong when you’ve had a disagreement. She will never have a headache, and will freely give ‘love’ and compassion whenever needed. She will never question your behavior or the company you keep. She will support you and understand that you have important decisions to make throughout your life and don’t have time for nonsense…”
Adam asked God, “What will this woman cost?”
God said, “An arm and a leg…”
Then Adam says, “well, what can i get for a rib then?”
I WILL PAY FOR THAT ONE…HA HA
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND…
Adam said, “What can I get for just a rib?”