WOW…WHERE DOES THE TIME GO…..HAPPY NEW YEAR, MY FRIENDS!!!!
Your blog is sponsored by Pierson Ford in Aberdeen. Guess what? THEY’RE HERE!!!!!
Yep! The newly redesigned Ford F-150 is here!! These babies are sharp! Ford trucks have always sold themselves, and these will be that much easier to sell. I drove a platinum the other day, and it had SEAT MASSAGERS in it. And, man, were they nice! The new 2015’s are up to 700 pounds lighter because of military grade aluminum. Built FORD TOUGH!!! Stop and see these today at Pierson Ford in Aberdeen. Call us at 1-800-627-1237, or check out our incredible inventory online at http://www.piersonford.com/
1. HOW ABOUT SOME NEW YEAR’S LAUGHS!!!
And now, the “feel good” story of the New Year.
These are some AWESOME parents!!
One more Christmas one for good measure.
Mama always told me that four letter words were bad.
And finally, a “knee slapper.”
2. Most of you probably know that as a child, and sometimes as an adult, clowns terrify me. And, when I was a child, Santa terrified me. There is SO MUCH wrong with this picture!!
3. With all the previews that I saw, how in the world did I not know that the movie “Into The Woods” was a MUSICAL? SERIOUSLY? My wife and I went to see it last night, and it started out with a bunch of music, and I looked at her and said, “What the heck?” Not once did I see in a preview that it was a musical. Anyway, not a horrible movie, but not a great one either. Seemed to be about 45 minutes too long. But what a cast!! My wife and I are huge Meryl Streep fans, and boy oh boy can she sing!!!
Do I recommend it? No, unless you love musicals.
4. This just in….
Ndamukong Suh of the Detroit Lions is an IDIOT…..He stepped on Packer’s quarterback Aaron Rodgers ankle the other day, and then backed up and did it again!!
Suh was banned from playing in this weekends Detroit-Dallas playoff game, but fought it and WON. He was given a $70,000 dollar fine and was awarded to play this weekend. I can’t believe that. he is a chronic troublemaker in the NFL. And they let him off. Now, let me say this. I want Detroit to kick Dallas’ butt this weekend, but Suh needs to be taught a lesson. The scary part is, he’s a free agent after this year, and word is, my Redskins are going after him. GREAT….He is an incredible player. Just a dirt player.
****Did you hear his excuse for doing this? he said that his feet were “frozen and numb” and he couldn’t feel that he was stepping on his ankle….REALLY? You couldn’t tell that your heel rose about three inches in the air? I throw the B.S. flag on this one.
5. Some final NFL parting shots.
****My Washington Redskins are HORRIBLE!! We have some major major work to do in the offseason. I’m not sure that we can be fixed in a year. Could be a long couple of years.
****Johnny Manziel doesn’t get it. He was apparently caught partying before their last game of the season, and his owner ripped him in the media. Johnny said that he had some growing up to do. Well, that lasted five minutes. Word is, he was caught partying in Florida over New Year’s.
****Word is that Jay Cutler may be gone from the Chicago Bears after this season. Rumors are swirling that he may go to the Tennessee Titans, which is my son’s favorite team. My son can’t decide if he’s excited or angry over this possibility.
****The San Francisco 49’ERS front office needs their heads examined! How could you let Jim Harbaugh go? He had one season that he did not make the playoffs. I would have been crazy happy and excited if he coached my Skins.
6. IT’S COLD!!!We have a north wind today that is bone chilling. With that said, it’s that time of year to watch out for the animals.
7. We have a sad “tripleshot” of deaths to talk about.
Most closely to me, Grand Ole Opry legend Little Jimmy Dickens died Friday at 94. Jimmy was the last living link to my all time favorite singer, Hank Williams, SR.
Jimmy was beloved by everyone that he met, including a man that calls him his “hero.” Brad Paisley.
Jimmy was always known for his “cornball” comedy. Which made us laugh each time we heard it, even if it was for the 20th time.
8. Jimmy Dickens was a great man. I have a couple of personal memories of him. I had the pleasure of seeing him in concert about 10 times, including the Grand Ole Opry appearances. I helped bring him in to Lisbon, ND, and to Aberdeen, SD a few years back. I had lunch with him at Kelsen’s Bold Venture in Lisbon. I was his “backstage guest” about 6 times at the Grand Ole Opry. I spent countless time with him in his dressing room backstage at the Opry. Jimmy told me something one time that I will never forget. While we were having lunch in Lisbon, I asked him a question. I said, “Jimmy, you’ve been recording since 1946. Do you ever get tired of singing your songs?” He looked at me and said, “Jay, do you have any children?” And, I answered, “yes, two of them.” He asked me, “do you ever get tired of them?” And, of course, I said a resounding NO….Then he said these words. “Jay, these songs are my children. I will never get tired of them. How can I get tired of something that has put meat and potatoes on my table for decades!” GOD BLESS YOU, MR. DICKENS….You will be missed.
Let’s listen to a couple of his classics.
Here’s the great song, “May The Bird Of Paradise Fly Up Your Nose.”
And here’s “Out Behind The Barn.”
9. “ELLY MAY” has died. Actress Donna Douglas died at the age of 81. She played the beauty on the long running TV show, “The Beverly Hillbillies.”
She also appeared with Elvis Presley in the 1966 film, “Frankie And Johnny”.
With Donna Douglas’ passing, that leaves only Max Baer, JR. as the only living member of the show. he is now 77 and is a gambling mogul in Vegas.
10. And last, but certainly not least, actor Edward Herrmann died a couple of days ago at the age of 71. He is known for the “Gilmore Girls”, and for movies such as 1982’s “Annie”, 1987’S “The Lost Boys”, and dozens of others.
The 6 foot 5 actor died of brain cancer at the age of 71.
11. You never know what to believe anymore. Now somebody is saying that a CASKET was found on Mars.
Apparently one of our “rovers” found it. I will believe it when I see it on the national news.
12. JOKE OF THE DAY:
A highway patrolman pulled a car over on a local highway and walked up to find a few 80-90 year old ladies in the car. The patrolman said, “Maam, I pulled you over because you were driving 35 MPH. Why is that?” The old lady said, “well, that’s because the speed limit sign said 35.” The patrolman said, “no, that signs says HIGHWAY 35. ” To which he said, “hey, the ladies in the back are white with fear and are trembling. Why is that?” The old lady replied, “We just got off HIGHWAY 110.”
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!!