I COULDN’T AGREE MORE!!!
Your favorite blog is sponsored by Pierson Ford in Aberdeen!! Yesterday I was like a kid in a candy store. I saw my first 2015 Ford Edge hit the lot, and, I FELL IN LOVE…I absolutely love the new design. Check it out!!
Come on out and see the 2015 Ford Edge at Pierson Ford in Aberdeen, SD. We are located in the auto plaza, north highway 281, across from Shopko. Call us at 1-800-627-1237, or check us out online at http://piersonford.com/
1. LET’S TICKLE YOUR FUNNY BONE!
This is exactly the way my wife and I are….probably you, too.
I saw this one around Easter and it cracked me up.
This one is dead on.
And, finally, a little “CHICKEN” humor.
2. There has been a lot of talk about the fact that newsman Brian Williams exaggerated his personal news stories on TV. Do you remember when newspeople actually REPORTED THE NEWS? When they didn’t INFLICT THEIR OWN PERSONAL AGENDA IN EVERY STORY? It drives me crazy.
When I think integrity in news, I have to go back to the 1970’s. People like Walter Cronkite. There was nobody better.
And, who didn’t like the pair of David Brinkley and John Chancellor?
The days of real news are over. It is only going to get worse. Back then at least ONCE in awhile you got a “good news story.” Today, watching news is depressing. And they hit the same story OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER. They run stories into the ground. I miss the old days. They are a memory, and that’s all they will ever be.
3. Want some candy? I would LOVE to have about three pounds of these!!!
4. I made a huge mistake. I made the mistake of letting my friends on Facebook know that i despise clowns. I have always been “uneasy” around clowns, dating back to my younger days. I used to love going to the circus, as long as the “evil clowns” stayed away from me. I don’t know what it is, but they bother me greatly. And, so, with that said, this is what my so called “friends” are sending me now. HA HA….
5. Speaking of the circus, the Shrine circus is in Aberdeen this weekend. I have many memories of taking our boys to the circus when they were small. Probably the greatest memory is spending all that money, and having our boys tell us that their favorite part of the circus is when the “elephants pooped.” Yep, that’s what we were told. Hilarious, huh?
6. I’m so excited. My Minnesota Wild hockey team made the playoffs!!! They have been playing incredible hockey since they picked up their new goalie, Devan Dubnyk. All I was asking for was a playoff appearance. A CHANCE to show people what they can do. You have it now Wild. Work your butts off. Show the whole league that you are worthy of winning the Stanley Cup.
7. They say that deaths “come in threes.” Well, in the entertainment world, they did…Kind of….They were a couple of days apart on two of these.
First of all, “Roscoe P. Coltrane” from “The Dukes Of Hazzard” passed away. Actor James Best was 88, and was busy portraying his famous character at autograph signings up until close to his death.
I had no idea that actor Geoffrey Lewis was the father of actress Juliette Lewis. Makes sense now, but I never knew it before yesterday. The actor Geoffrey Lewis died this week at the age of 79. You probably most remember him as comic relief in some of Clint Eastwood’s movies including the 1978 smash, “Every Which Way But Loose.”
And, the great minister Dr. Robert Schuller died recently at the age of 88. He was the host of the worldwide Sunday morning TV show “The Hour Of Power,” and he was the person that started the famous megachurch “The Crystal Cathedral.” Unfortunately, in recent months and years, the Cathedral has gone bankrupt.
8. OK, let’s talk horror films. Believe it or not, I am a HUGE fan of the horror movie genre. In fact, both of my boys are too. There is a new low budget horror movie called “It Follows” which is out in select theaters. The movie is in limited release, yet made the top ten it’s first week out. And by the way, critics are raving about this movie. And, this is unheard of. “Rotten Tomatoes” website has given the movie a 95….A 95…They never do that. Well, my boys saw it last week in Madison, Wisconsin, and said it was every bit as promised and more. Now, I need to see it. I am seriously pondering driving to Sioux Falls or Fargo to see it in the theater. My wife will think I’m out of my head. I am one of those guys that has to see a horror movie in the theaters. TV is fine for a second viewing, but the first one MUST be in the theater.
9. Speaking of horror movies, I was up wide awake the other night. (See the funnies at the top of the page.) And what movie was on? “PHANTASM.” My brother Troy and I first saw the movie in 1980, while lying on the floor of our aunt and uncle’s house in Redfield, SD. Isn’t that crazy that I can remember where I first saw it? I remember that the “tall man” in the movie scared us to death. The premise is kind of cheesy, but the movie was horrific.
Now I hear word that “Phantasm 5” is coming out. Yeah, FIVE…Plus some of the original actors are in number five. Even the character “the tall man” is back for number five. Let’s see what they look like today.
Actor Angus Scimm played “the tall man”, or the leader of the funeral home. YUCK….That in itself is scary.
Angus is now 88 years old. (He is the third 88 year old I’ve featured on the blog today.)
Actor and singer Reggie Bannister played “Reggie” in all of the movies. Wow, must have been hard to remember his characters name. He is now 69 years old.
And, actor A. Michael Baldwin played, you guessed it, “MIKE” in all of the movies except “Phantasm 2”. He is now 52.
Looks like someone is going to have to order the “Phantasm” box set on DVD and watch them again before number FIVE comes out.
10. JOKE OF THE DAY:
A football coach walked into the locker room before a game, looked over to his star player and said, “I’m not supposed to let you play since you failed math, but we need you in there. So what I have to do is ask you a math question, and if you get it right, you can play.” The player agreed, and the coach looked into his eyes intently and asks, “Okay, now concentrate… what is two plus two?” The player thought for a moment and then he answered, “4?” “Did you say 4?!?” the coach exclaimed, excited that he got it right. At that, all the other players on the team began screaming, “Come on coach, give him another chance!”
You are on a horse, galloping at a constant speed. On your right side is a sharp drop off, and on your left side is an elephant traveling at the same speed as you. Directly in front of you is another galloping horse but your horse is unable to overtake it. Behind you is a lion running at the same speed as you and the horse in front of you. What must you do to safely get out of this highly dangerous situation? Get your drunk butt off the merry-go-round!!!!!
HAVE A TERRIFIC WEEK!!