HEY HOWDY EVERYBODY!!!
This weekend is the Memorial Day weekend. Have fun. Unwind. Go boating. Do whatever you want, but PLEASE take the time to remember what Memorial Day is all about.
Today’s blog is sponsored by Pierson Ford in Aberdeen. You may know by now, and maybe I’ve bragged about it before, but the brand new 2015 Ford Edge is here!! And wait until you see the new design!!
They are so awesome, that, in fact, I sold one just today! To see more of the 2015 Ford Edge and all of our other vehicles, go to http://www.piersonford.com/ You can also call us at 1-800-627-1237, or better yet, stop and see us in the auto plaza, north highway 281 in Aberdeen.
1. LET’S HAVE SOME FUN!!
I don’t know why my doctor needs this, but, well, OKAY!!
A few of my friends got a kick out of this next one!
Some girls are SO touchy!!
This next one made me hungry.
2. VACATION CHANGE!!! After hours and hours of deliberating, my beautiful wife and I have decided NOT to go to Colorado this summer, but to head east.
That’s right, we have decided to go stay in the woods around Two Harbors, MN, and to spend a few days in Duluth. We have been told by many friends, including a couple that used to live there, that Duluth is a great place to visit. We will find out. We are very excited about it.
However, the place that I am MOST excited to see is in Grand Rapids, MN. We will be seeing the childhood home of Judy Garland. If you know me, you know that my all time favorite movie is “The Wizard Of Oz”. This will be exciting.
Apparently the museum near her home has the carriage that was pulled by “a horse of a different color” in the movie. I didn’t know that Abraham Lincoln was the original owner of that carriage!!!
3. Tom Brady this. Tom Brady that. I’m getting tired of hearing about “inflategate.” My feelings? Not that my opinion matters, but I think this may be a whole lot of nothing. I guarantee you that stuff like this and even WORSE stuff happens all the time in the NFL. Yes, granted that Tom may have been caught red handed, but there have been other penalties dealt that should have been way way worse. With that said, I am no big fan of Tom Brady. I RESPECT what he has done, and yes, he will end up one of the top five quarterbacks of all time. I do believe this. I just feel a little bad for him that his squeaky clean image has been tarnished by something that may be going on with all 32 teams.
By the way, one place that Tom doesn’t have many fans is New York City, the home of the New York Jets. The fans didn’t waste much time after the announcement to get their “digs” in on Tom Brady.
4. Hey, Yogi Berra turned 90 recently!!!
NO!!! Not YOGI BEAR, Yogi BERRA. He is one of the true living legends of major league baseball.
Granted, he played for my most despised team in the league, but you have to respect Yogi. Here are a couple of pictures of Yogi Berra recently, including one with Tommy Lasorda.
5. WOW!! The Minnesota Timberwolves won the number one pick in the NBA draft last night!!! I was watching it, and I was SURE that there would be a conspiracy, and the Los Angeles Lakers would get number one. They received number two by the way. The Lakers are my most despised NBA team. ( Have you noticed that my most despised teams are coming out of the wood works today? Well, I will tell you, there are no stories about my MOST despised team in any sports…the Dallas Cowboys.)
I heard a couple of commentators on ESPN the other night say that the T-WOLVES are one of the teams to look out for in the next year or two. WOW…Those are words we have NEVER heard in this region. Let’s hope they are right. They seem to have the right nucleus of players in place.
6. And, I supposed I should be a big boy and mention my beloved Minnesota Wild. The last time we talked they were getting ready to take on the Chicago Blackhawks in round two of the Stanley Cup playoffs. Well, things didn’t quite work out as we had hoped. In fact, they weren’t even CLOSE. The Blackhawks buried my Wild four games to none. We are done for the year, and frankly, I don’t even feel bad that we are done. You don’t deserve to move on when you play like they did. it’s almost like the Wild have the “Yankees and Twins” syndrome when they play the Blackhawks. My Twins always struggle against the Yankees, and it looks like my Wild will not get Chicago off of their backs anytime soon.
7. Speaking of my Minnesota Wild, we wouldn’t have even GOT to the playoffs if it wasn’t for our newly obtained goalie, Devan Dubnyk. The Wild’s top priority in the offseason is to sign Devan to a long team deal. I saw a picture of Devan the other night, and I think I figured out who is DADDY is.
I think it’s DOUG MCKENZIE from the movie “Strange Brew” seen here on the right side.
And, they both talk Canadian, AYE?
8. Here’s the ironic thing about talking about Doug McKenzie. He is played by actor Dave Thomas, and while grabbing a picture of him, I found out that today is the 66th birthday of Dave Thomas.
I first remember him from the great comedy sketch show “SCTV.”
He also starred in the movie that I just talked about, “Strange Brew”, with Rick Moranis as his brother Bob McKenzie.
You probably also remember Dave Thomas from the hit TV show “Grace Under Fire.”
Here is Dave Thomas recently.
9. Burt Reynolds used to be every woman’s dream guy. Like back in his “Smokey And The Bandit” days.
Burt Reynolds has changed a BUNCH in recent years. Of course, he’s one year short of 80, though. Burt recently appeared at a Comic Con festival, and shocked a lot of people by the way he looked.
We are all getting older. Even our Hollywood legends. I love Burt Reynolds. I wish him nothing but the very best!
10. Remember the “Little Rascals” movie back in the 90’s? It celebrated it’s 20th anniversary last year by getting the kids together for a remake of their movie poster. THIS IS TOTALLY COOL!!!
11. JOKE OF THE DAY!
A lady was walking down the street when she was accosted by a particularly dirty and shabby-looking homeless woman who asked her for a couple of dollars for dinner.
She took out her wallet, got out ten dollars and asked, ‘If I give you this money, will you buy wine with it instead of dinner?’
‘No, I had to stop drinking years ago’, the homeless woman told her.
‘Will you use it to go shopping instead of buying food?’ the lady asked.
‘No, I don’t waste time shopping,’ the homeless woman said. ‘I need to spend all my time trying to stay alive.’
‘Will you spend this on a beauty salon instead of food?’ she asked.
‘Are you NUTS!’ replied the homeless woman. I haven’t had my hair done in 20 years!’
Then the lady said, ‘I’m not going to give you the money. Instead, I’m going to take you out for dinner with my husband and me tonight.’
The homeless Woman was shocked. ‘Won’t your husband be furious with you for doing that? I know I’m dirty, and I probably smell pretty disgusting.’
Then the woman said, ‘That’s okay. It’s important for him to see what a woman looks like after she has given up shopping, hair appointments, and wine.’
HAVE A GREAT WEEK AND A GREAT MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND!!!