OK…This is scary to think about!
Today’s blog, and EVERY blog is sponsored by your friends at Pierson Ford in Aberdeen, SD. Hey, listen, we’ve talked about leasing before, but I want to really hit it again. I have had at least 10 people lease vehicles in the past three months. Why are people leasing? Easy. Low monthly payments. Full warranty the entire time you’re driving it during the lease, plus roadside assistance, and peace of mind. You can, right now, find great lease prices on great Ford products like the Fusion, Focus, Explorer, the newly designed F-150 and a whole lot more.
To find out more, contact Pierson Ford at 1-800-627-1237, or better yet, stop and see us in the auto plaza, north highway 281 in Aberdeen. You can also see our entire lineup at http://www.piersonford.com/
1. LET’S KICK IT OFF WITH SOME FUN!!!
HMMM. This seems legit.
This is absolutely the way that I would cook this crap.
Give you a little Star Wars humor I must.
And finally, this completely makes sense.
2. I have found a pair of shorts that I MUST HAVE. I’m pretty sure that I will be ordering these in the next few days. BEAUTIFUL!!!
3. ROAD TRIP!!! I am taking my beautiful baby sister on the road for a couple of days this week. We are traveling to Fargo, to meet up with my son Mitchell and his girlfriend Jessica. We are going to eat ourselves silly at Ribfest in the parking lot of the Fargodome.
The food is fine, but I’m going for the MUSIC!!! Wednesday night, we get to see rock and roll legend “38 SPECIAL.”
We get to rock and roll outdoors to great music like this!!
And, on Thursday night we get to jam with 90’s band, “GIN BLOSSOMS.”
We will hear awesome hits like this one.
Opening for “GIN BLOSSOMS”, will be the band “REMBRANDTS”, who will be singing their hit, the theme from “Friends.” And, we’ll see the band “Fastball”. It’s a 90’s blast!!! Should be fun.
4. We had a celebrity death in recent days that is worth mentioning. One of the most famous ladies from a horror movie passed away. Betsy Palmer died at the age of 88. Do you know which horror classic she was in? I’ll tell you. She was in a little movie from the 80’s.
Betsy Palmer starred as “Jason’s Mom” in the legendary horror movie.
Even though this was probably her most famous role, Betsy Palmer had been around for decades in Hollywood. Check out what a beauty she was in her younger days.
Here is a picture of Betsy in her final years.
5. Uh-oh….The man upstairs must be coming back soon. Why? Because the two worst baseball teams in the league last year are LEADING their divisions right now.
My beloved Minnesota Twins are in first place, and had the most productive month of May than any other baseball team in major league baseball. CRAZY, HUH?
Plus, the Houston Astros are leading their division and they were HORRIBLE the past few years.
All of us Twins fans stuck with our favorite team, even though they had 90 plus losses in a few straight seasons. I just hope that they can keep it going. It would be fun seeing them in the playoffs again.
6. CAITLYN JENNER? SERIOUSLY? This Bruce Jenner thing has become even weirder in the last few days. Now HE, I mean, SHE, or whatever, is coming out on a magazine cover, and this is her new look.
The ironic thing is that Bruce, I mean, CAITLYN, said that all they want is their “PRIVACY.” Really? So you give numerous TV interviews and photo shoots, but you want your PRIVACY? Ummm. Privacy is going away and not coming out in public and trying to stay out of the limelight. Try it. I dare you. No, seriously. TRY IT.
7. I have to admit it. I was incredibly sad watching the very last, final episode of “Late Night With David Letterman.”
I was sad, because we will probably not see him very much the rest of his life. Dave is a very very private person, and now after leaving the show, he’ll probably just go away for good. (Take notes Caitlyn.)
I am nothing but impressed and have nothing but respect for David Letterman. He was completely screwed out of getting the “Tonight Show” after Johnny Carson retired. Dave was TOLD by numerous sources that he was a shoe-in. But, they ended up giving it to Jay Leno, and a feud was about to begin. But, God bless Johnny Carson. He loved Letterman, and he even came over to CBS to Dave’s show to wish him well.
David Letterman has had literally thousands of guest in his over three decades of being on TV, but his show insiders say that Bill Murray was his all time favorite guest.
We will miss you Dave. Thank you for making our lives a little better for so many years. Thank you for being the creative genius that you are. Late night will never ever be the same now that Carson and Letterman are off the tube. Although, I will say that Jimmy Fallon is doing great! But still, he’s no Letterman. And he’s CERTAINLY no Carson. WE LOVE YOU DAVE!!!
8. JOKE OF THE DAY!!
A farmer and his brand new bride were riding home from the chapel in a wagon pulled by a team of horses, when the older horse stumbled. The farmer said, “That’s once.”
A little further along, the poor old horse stumbled again. The farmer said, “That’s twice.”
After a little, while the poor old horse stumbled again. The farmer didn’t say anything, but reached under the seat, pulled out a shotgun and shot the horse.
His brand new bride raised all kind of heck with him, telling him, “That was an awful thing to do.” The farmer said, “That’s once.”
HAVE A GREAT WEEK.