HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMERICA!!!! We are truly the greatest country in the world. The “LAND OF THE FREE.”
This blog is sponsored by Pierson Ford in Aberdeen, SD. Well, the vehicles keep coming in day after day. We have received a number of 2016 Ford Fusions. I am not joking when I say that we cannot keep Fusions on the lot. About 7-10 days ago, we had ONE Ford Fusion on the lot. ONE!!! We are now restocked and ready to go. It seems like the color that is going to be a biggie is the new “shadow black.”
It’s a sharp new shade of black, and the rims look incredible with it! Stop by and see us at Pierson Ford in Aberdeen, SD. We are located in the auto plaza, north highway 281, right across from Shopko. You can always call us at 1-800-627-1237, or check us out online at http://www.piersonford.com/
1. LET’S HAVE SOME FUN!!
I got a kick out of this one.
This one is funny. A little bit cringe worthy, but funny.
This one may take you a minute, but once you get it, IT’S HILARIOUS!
This next one is SO my sense of humor.
AND, this one…..
And….well, you get the picture!
2. I saw that someone had a picture of what “our society” looks like today. Isn’t this the truth? People have to gripe and moan about EVERYTHING. And, nothing seems to be good enough for us. This one should be funny, but in many ways, it’s not.
3. My wife had her class reunion this past weekend. I won’t tell you how many years, because then it won’t be fun at home for a couple of days. Ha ha. Anyway, we played a fun game at the reunion. It was “JENGA”, only it was “REAL LIFE JENGA.” I couldn’t play, because the game makes me crazy. Or crazier, depending on who you talk to.
4. SOMEONE HAS A SENSE OF HUMOR. There is a guy in Fargo, or WAS a guy in Fargo, who apparently has my sense of humor. He had made his demands about how he wanted his obituary in the newspaper after he passed away. Well, he died this past week. And to honor his wishes, his family posted his obituary in the Fargo Forum, JUST THE WAY HE WANTED IT.
I would have LOVED to have met this guy. It sounds like he had a wonderful sense of humor.
And, even in death, he got the LAST LAUGH!!!
5. Speaking of obituaries, a great comedian from the days past has died. Jack Carter was 93 when he passed away a couple of days ago. You may remember him from “The Dean Martin Show”, “Laugh-In”, “The Ed Sullivan Show” and many others shows. I remember him being a panelist on “Match Game.” Another of the comedic legends is gone.
6. Most people know that I am a country music diehard. But, my country music is from the 50’s thru the 90’s. I can’t really stand the new country music today. But, that’s just my opinion. I go WAY BACK in history for my favorite country music. I would have been completely satisifed growing up in the late 50’s and 60’s in country music. With that said, check out the shirt that I ordered that should be here any day. (And, no those are not my arms.)
7. MY DAY WAS MADE THE OTHER DAY.
Yes, the Minnesota Wild signed their goalie from this past year. The goalie that made a huge impact on the team. Devan Dubnyk got a six year contract, which may be a big one, but my gut tells me that he’s worth every penny. AND WHAT A GUT I HAVE!!!
And then yesterday, my day was made again. Another great signing!!
In case you haven’t noticed, I have become a hockey fanatic. A hockey die-hard. Plus, it’s driving me crazy waiting for the next season to begin!! I am almost more excited about the hockey season than the NFL season. And I have NEVER EVER uttered those words before!!!
8. I finally got to see the documentary about Glen Campbell and his decline from Alzheimers. It showed on CNN the other night, and I caught the last hour. I was mesmerized. I give Glen and his family lots of credit for having the heart to put this out to the public. It shows a man who loved his family and loved his music, and it shows how both of his loves slowly began to decline. Sad.
You find out in this show just how important his music was to his mind and his heart. I strongly urge you to watch this. Plus maybe have a few kleenex available. I am a HUGE Glen Campbell fan, and have even met him once. He was incredibly nice. Even after a few decades in the business, he took care of his fans, and was so genuine. I love you Glen Campbell, and I thank you for the impact you made and had on the music world!!
9. THIS WORLD HAS GONE CRAZY. I didn’t have to write that, you probably already knew that. We have become so touchy about everything. Now, even practical jokes. Who hasn’t played a practical joke on somebody else? And if no one was hurt, what’s the big deal? A tenured teacher in Tennessee may be fired for participating in a prank on other teachers. Plus, the kids weren’t even in school, so nobody witnessed it. The prank included the following.
****a lotion like substance put on classroom door handles.
****chairs and desks overturned in a couple of classrooms.
****vehicles moved around the lot without permission. (That’s the fun of it.)
****and, finally, the one that just about put me over the edge. Non-edible styrofoam packing peanuts were taken and put in someones car. The reason this is bad? THEY WERE THE PROPERTY OF THE SCHOOL.
C’mon people. Nobody can have fun anymore. Now, if they had started something on fire, or crashed a car or something like that, then throw the book at them. But this was just a few pranks. That they did every year on each other, by the way. I think a reprimand would have been fine with this. NOT A POSSIBLE FIRING.
10. Speaking of overreacting, check out what TV-LAND did. With all the controversy of the confederate flag happening in this country, TV-LAND decided to pull all of the “Dukes Of Hazzard” reruns because the confederate flag is on top of the car? REALLY? SERIOUSLY? Now, don’t get me wrong. I think that this confederate flag debate is real, and needed. But to yank a TV show off the air from the 80’s because the flag is on the top of the car? To this blogger it seems ridiculous.
I love this country. I love this world. But, I’m getting super tired of having a few people offended, and then having to change EVERYTHING because of a few people. WHATEVER HAPPENED TO THE MAJORITY RULES?
11. It’s almost VACATION TIME. I will be gone from the 4th thru the 13th. Heading to Minnesota with my baby. We are taking some much needed and much deserved time off.
We have never been to either community, but since I announced where we were going, I have received numerous suggestions on what to do. WE CANNOT WAIT!!!
12. JOKE OF THE DAY:
Batman and Robin are camping in the desert, set up their tent and are asleep. Some hours later, Batman wakes his faithful friend. “Robin, look up at the sky and tell me what you see.”
Robin replies, ” I see millions of stars.”
“What does that tell you?” asks Batman.
Robin ponders for a minute.
“Astronomically speaking, it tells me that there are millions of galaxies and potentially billions of planets.
Astrologically, it tells me that Saturn is in Leo.
Chronologically, it appears to be approximately a quarter past three.
Theologically, it’s evident the Lord is all-powerful and we are small and insignificant.
Meteorologically, it seems we will have a beautiful day tomorrow.
What does it tell you, Batman?”
Batman is silent for a moment, then speaks:
“Robin, you idiot, someone has stolen our tent.”
HAVE A GREAT NEXT COUPLE OF WEEKS!!