Best wishes today to you, my friends!!
Your blog is sponsored by Pierson Ford in Aberdeen, SD.
Well, it’s almost school time. Pierson Ford has a number of great vehicles for the school kids, whether they’re new to driving, or seasoned “veterans”. Junior high students, high school students, college students, we have deals on wheels for everyone!
If you are thinking about leasing, you will be joining a vast amount of people who are currently doing it. Why do people lease? Many reasons. Low payments, full warranty, roadside assistance, and you don’t have to be stuck in the same vehicle for five to seven years!!
Find out more about leasing by talking to our sales staff at Pierson Ford. Call us at 1-800-627-1237, stop by and see us in the auto plaza in Aberdeen, or check out our entire inventory at http://www.piersonford.com/
1. LET’S TICKLE YOUR FUNNY BONE!
I have, unfortunately ran into some of these “angry ones.”
Hmmmm…I was wondering why I haven’t seen them on TV lately.
I love this one.
Will they have a great date? Of CORPSE they will.
I remember the GOOD OLD DAYS!
2. I am proud to announce, MY LIFELONG DREAM TRIP IS FINALLY COMING TRUE!!!
At the end of September, my beautiful boys and I are traveling to Nashville to watch my son Tyler’s Tennessee Titans play the Indianapolis Colts.
I can’t wait to show my boys around Nashville. “MUSIC CITY U.S.A.”
HOWEVER, the highlight for me is going to be my dream of finally going to Montgomery, Alabama to see the museum and grave of my all time favorite singer/songwriter, HANK WILLIAMS, SR!!!
YAY FOR ME!!!
The cool thing is, that my sons are also into Hank Williams. They appreciate his music and songwriting. I checked the mileage from Nashville, and it’s only FOUR hours from there. I figured, hey, we’ve already driven 17 hours to get to Nashville, what’s another 4?
I’ve already warned my sons that I may be moved to tears when I get to the cemetery. I have wanted to see this since I was like five years old!
3. Speaking of Nashville, I was shocked to hear of the sudden death of the great Lynn Anderson. She, of course, was known for many country hits, including this country standard.
From what I hear, Lynn Anderson just got back from a long tour across the waters and developed pneumonia. Apparently she had a massive heart attack during the healing and died at the age of 67.
I had the pleasure of meeting Lynn in Fargo a few years back. She was delightful, as I thought she would be. I had her sign a greatest hits CD of mine, and she said, “Where in the world did you get this CD? I have never ever even seen this one!!” How about that!!!
Lynn Anderson, in her early days was on the Lawrence Welk show. Here she is with Mr. Welk, and her parents. her mama was a singing star as well. Her name is Liz Anderson.
Many people don’t know this, but Lynn Anderson is a “DAKOTA GIRL”. She was born in Grand Forks, ND.
Here is the album that sold millions.
And this is Lynn Anderson just a few months ago. God bless you Lynn!
4. Of course we cannot salute this wonderful lady without playing some music! Turn up your speakers and enjoy!
Here’s the all time classic, “Rose Garden.”
I was a huge fan of this song. “Listen to a country song.”
And she did a bang-up job on a Carpenter’s classic.
5. There was also another major loss in Nashville. Legendary producer Billy Sherrill died at the age of 78. You may not know the name, but you know the songs he produced. LEGENDARY SONGS….
Billy Sherrill wrote and produced dozens upon dozens of songs for many different artists. He either co-wrote or produced most of Tammy Wynette’s music, and George Jones music as well.
Ready to be dazzled? Here is a PARTIAL list of songs either written and/or produced by Billy Sherrill.
“Delta Dawn” by Tanya Tucker
“Take This Job And Shove It” by Johnny Paycheck
“Behind Closed Doors” by Charlie Rich
“Stand By Your Man” by Tammy Wynette
“He Stopped Loving Her Today” by George Jones
“Almost Persuaded” by David Houston
You get the picture……Amazing man.
Here he is with the great Tammy Wynette. I share my birthday with this beautiful lady.
Here he is with Charlie Rich in the studio.
Guess who the next one is! It’s Billy Sherrill with a much younger Jimmy Buffett and Willie Nelson!!
Billy Sherrill may be gone from this earth, but trust me, his music will live on FOREVER!!
6. GUESS WHAT TIME IT IS?
I could not be more excited. My family’s fantasy football draft is in a couple of weeks, and it’s a highlight for all of us. Plus the trash talking is lots of fun!!!
7. Speaking of football, I saw some footwear online that I may have to get.
OK, I probably won’t. I already have some Redskin’s shoes that I don’t wear often. But I do think that I’ll buy these for my beautiful wife!!
I’M KIDDING. There is not a snowballs chance in “you know where” that my wife would EVER wear these. In the house, outdoors, NOWHERE. They are kind of cool, though.
8. This “Cecil the lion” stuff is getting so old. Let’s move on to something else. Whether this dentist is in the right or in the wrong, it doesn’t give us the right to ruin his life and his business practice. We have become such idiots with the protesting every time we get our feelings hurt.
It’s time to keep our nose out of other people’s business and tend to our own. If you are so offended, find another way to express. Yes we have the right to protest, I’m not saying that we shouldn’t. BUT FIND SOME WORTHWHILE CAUSES, PEOPLE!!!!
9. IT HAD BETTER NOT RAIN TODAY!! Tonight is the final downtown concert in Aberdeen, and it’s by far the best one! The “pied piper” of the midwest is coming to town.
I have followed this guy around since high school. When I was in college, we would go to Lane, SD to see him, to Watertown and Brookings, SD, and of course, to our favorite hangout, The Rainbow in Britton. LOVE LOVE LOVE JOHNNY HOLM!!
10. It’s “debate season.”
11. My gorgeous wife and I went out to Wylie Park the other night and did our first round of miniature golf for this summer. It may be our last, too. Ha ha. Both of us are so competitive. We were tied into the 18th and final hole. I COMPLETELY tanked it with a five. She had three. She won by two for those of you who know math. I demand another game!!
12. JOKE OF THE DAY!!
Bernie was invited to his friend’s home for dinner. Morris, the host, preceded every request to his wife by endearing terms, calling her Honey, My Love, Darling, Sweetheart, Pumpkin, etc. Bernie looked at Morris and remarked, “That’s really nice, that after all these years that you have been married, you keep calling your wife those pet names.” Morris hung his head and whispered, “To tell you the truth, I forgot her name three years ago!”
HAVE A GREAT WEEK!