HEY HOWDY PARTNERS!!!!
Our blog is sponsored by the good folks at Pierson Ford in Aberdeen. It also happens to be where I work and where I’m typing this blog right now!!! Anyway, if you are looking for a new vehicle, check out the 2016 Ford Fusion. I drive a 2013 Fusion, and it’s my favorite car that I’ve owned in a decade or more!!! The 2016 Ford Fusion Titanium is incredible! LOADED!!! Here are a couple of pics of this beauty.
And these babies are leasing nicely right now! I actually sold 3 or 4 of these in just one month! For more information contact Pierson Ford at 1-800-627-1237, or stop in and see us in the auto plaza in Aberdeen, right across from Shopko. Check out our lineup at http://www.piersonford.com/
1. LET’S HAVE SOME FUN!!!!
UMM…WHAT? WAS I TALKING?
IT’S FOOTBALL SEASON BABY!! Well, preseason…But its still time to start bashing my least favorite team!!
Yeah, I would be in the majority on this one.
Need someone to drive an ark? I NOAH guy……
2. This is COMPLETELY who I am!
The other day I hopped in my car and drove to Sioux Falls to stay overnight before our big trip to Des Moines. (Info on that coming up) ANYWAY, the point on this subject is this. Music has ruled my life and been a life saver to me since I was a small child. I drove the three hour trip to Sioux Falls with my I-pod BLARING!! It was a classic country trip. Hank Williams, Kitty Wells, Billy “Crash” Craddock, Patsy Cline, George Jones, Merle Haggard…You get the point. Nothing soothes my soul and relaxes me like SUPER LOUD music. When I listen to my jukebox at home I crank it. I had a neighbor tell me once that they can hear my jukebox in their house two houses down, but they can’t tell what songs playing.
3. Speaking of Des Moines!!
My son Mitchell and I made the long trip to Des Moines to head to the Iowa State Fair to see the legendary rock bands “Toto” and “Yes.”
My beautiful wife was supposed to go with, but she backed out at the last minute because rain was forecast for three days in a row in Iowa. Guess what happened? IT POURED the entire way down and most of the afternoon. Then suddenly at 4:00 as my son and I pulled into the fair parking lot, the clouds broke and the sun came out and it go HOT! Talk about luck!!
I have been waiting 35 years to see Toto.
And, it was WELL WORTH THE WAIT!!! Toto blew us away. Amazing concert, and it looked like after all these years they were still having fun on stage!! Hit after hit. Memory after memory! Mitchell came into the show enjoying a couple of songs by Toto, but not a big fan. He left the show IN LOVE with the band. He could not believe how good they were! I can’t wait to see them again. Let’s see. In another 35 years I’ll be 86…Yeah, that should work.
Toto drove us all crazy with awesome songs like these! “AFRICA!!”
And the classic “Hold The Line.”
Want to hear something wild? As I am typing this, “Hold The Line” just came on the radio in this room!!
I have never been a huge fan of the band “Yes.” I appreciate who they are and what they have done for progressive rock, but it’s just not my kind of music. My son Mitchell, on the other hand, has become a HUGE “Yes” fan.
Their show started out with a tear jerking, very heart felt tribute to Chris Squire, one of their founding members who died recently. They played one of their songs, as a single spotlight shined down on an empty stool with Chris’ guitar leaning against the stool. POWERFUL.
I came out of the show appreciating the music of “Yes” a little more, and Mitchell came out of the show kind of disappointed in the lack of chemistry of the band, and the fact that they played their songs slower than the album versions. Trust me, my son KNOWS MUSIC! And if he says they’re playing slower, then they ARE!
I have to be honest. I was there waiting for one song. It’s their 1984 smash “Owner Of A Lonely Heart.”
The entire 14 hour round trip was completely worth it. Just the fact that I had quality time with my son made the trip worthwhile.
4. COME ON. ADMIT IT. Their is at least an iota inside of you that’s wondering how Donald Trump would do in the White House? C’MON…. Here’s the deal. Whether you like him, love him or despise him, it would be fun watching him take NO CRAP from anyone in the Oval Office. I would feel sorry for North Korea and other countries who cause problems. Donald Trump says that we’re too politically correct, and that he’s not and we shouldn’t be either. HE’S RIGHT. “The Donald” says things that many of us think, but don’t say. Now, just because I said that doesn’t mean I’m supporting him or voting for him, I’m just pointing out a feeling.
5. Many of you know, and many of you don’t know that for over 15 years I had a highly successful D.J. service called “Jay Dean’s Dancing Jukebox.” We used to do 65-70 shows a year on average. Figure that out. That’s a lot of weekends tied up! But we had fun. Anyway, when I was doing the show I had t-shirts created promoting the “jukebox”, and all of the towns we’ve played. I had my “world tour” shirts, which basically were a three state area, thus the “world” joke. Plus I did a “farewell tour” shirt that featured my ugly mug on it. Keep in mind that I haven’t done a dance in probably 8 years or a bit more. In the past couple of weeks, I have seen NOT ONE, but TWO people walking around Aberdeen with my old t-shirts on. It warmed my heart. When I posted my thoughts on Facebook, many people commented that they still had my shirts, too. Very cool. It’s nice to know that people liked me and my “dancing jukebox” enough to still wear them!!
6. OK. I am HUGE potato chip fan. You know that old commercial that you “can’t eat just one?” Well I can. ONE BAG. One bag at a time. With that said, Lay’s potato chips are having a contest to see what “different” kind of flavor that we would like. AND I MEAN DIFFERENT!!
I can honestly say that I will not try ANY of these! YUCK!!
“Biscuits and gravy chips?” NO THANKS. Give me bbq or plain any day. I do have to give Lay’s one compliment. I like the name of their contest. “Do us a flavor.” CUTE.
7. However, I did find a new snack food that I REALLY like. I’m a fan of the “smartfood” popcorn that is out. Well, recently i found a “buttered” flavor of the popcorn. AND I LOVE IT!!
It is seriously good. I don’t see it around town a lot, so I may have to do what I did one other time. I just ordered a case of them from the company. Don’t tempt me. I WILL!!!
8. Here’s my “feelgood” story of the day. Country music legend and Hall of Fame songwriter, Bill Anderson got quite a surprise recently. First of all the back story. Well over 50 years ago, country singer Billy Grammer presented Bill Anderson with a guitar made especially for him. It came complete with the words “made for Bill Anderson” on it. Well, it was stolen. Bill was heartbroken. Recently a pawn shop employee found the guitar and returned it to Bill on the Grand Ole Opry stage!!
Bill was extremely emotional over the happenings. And rightfully so. See folks? There are still some good people in this world!!
9. OK. Most of you know that I am terrified of clowns. Yep, I am. I’m not afraid to admit it. Years ago, the movie “It” by Stephen King terrified me. Pennywise the clown, played by Tim Curry was EVIL!! And creepy! And lots of other words.
You may have heard the news, but the movie “It” has gotten a facelift and is coming back out with a new storyline and a new cast. Actor Will Poulter is going to play Pennywise. This is what the clown is SUPPOSED to look like. It’s not an “official look” but people say it will be like this. I’M TERRIFIED ALREADY!!
10. JOKE OF THE DAY!!
Satan appeared before a small town congregation. Everyone started screaming and running for the front church door, trampling each other in a frantic effort to get away.
Soon everyone was gone except for an elderly gentleman who sat calmly.
Satan walked up to him and said, “Don’t you know who I am?”
The man replied, “Yep, sure do.”
Satan asked, “Aren’t you going to run?”
“Nope, sure ain’t,” said the man.
Satan asked, “Why aren’t you afraid of me?”
The man replied, “Been married to your sister for over 48 years.”
HAVE A GREAT DAY!