HAPPY HAPPY THURSDAY!!
Pierson Ford brings you today’s blog, and we are proud to announce an event that has NEVER happened before. For the very first time ever, Ford is having their “Friends and Neighbors” event. That means, that for a limited time, you can buy America’s favorite brand, FORD, at the same prices that we offer our family and friends. Tremendous savings everywhere!!! This deal includes the newly redesigned Ford F150’S with the industry leading aluminum body. It also includes all other great Ford products, including the Ford Fusion, which I drive and LOVE. For more information, contact us at 1-800-627-1237, or stop by and see us in the auto plaza, north highway 281 in Aberdeen. See our entire inventory online at http://www.piersonford.com/
1. As the Partridge Family used to say, “C’MON GET HAPPY!!” Let’s have some fun!!!
Unfortunately, the following pertains to a lot of people I know. Possibly, and I mean POSSIBLY even me.
Being an old “video junkie”, this one cracked me up.
Hopefully this next one doesn’t pertain to anyone that I know.
This next one actually took me a short while to catch on to it. Then I did. Then I laughed.
And finally, I hear the world is going to the dogs.
2. Well, another Halloween is come and gone. Hopefully you are still eating candy from last weekend. Or hopefully you’re not, depending on what you think. We have ZERO candy in the house. We bagged up the excess candy to give to a few young relatives, so Jay is completely out of eating some chocolate at 11:00 at night. Probably a good thing.
You may recall that our friends and both my wife and I were going to a party as the cast of Gilligan’s Island. You tell me if we pulled it off or not.
Here’s my extremely beautiful wife and I as Mr. and Mrs. Howell.
And here is the whole gang.
And then on Saturday, which was actually Halloween day, we decided to get dressed up at work as well. This gave me the great idea of recreating my Pee Wee Herman costume from years ago. I walked into a thrift store, walked up to the suit section, and the FIRST suit I pulled out was the perfect Pee Wee suit.
Couldn’t believe it. The suit was short on the legs and short on the arms which is the way Pee Wee wore it. And it buttoned and snapped perfectly. It was obviously my lucky day.
3. I just read online that comedian Eddie Murphy and his gal pal Paige Butcher are having a baby. Turns out that this will be Eddie’s NINTH child. Maybe I should draw a picture for him to show how this keeps happening.
4. Donald Trump is scheduled to be host of “Saturday Night Live” in the next coming weeks. It amazes me all the so called “celebrities” that are coming out and saying things like “I will never watch SNL again if Trump hosts.” RELAX PEOPLE. We get so doggone upset about everything nowadays. Yes, he is a political candidate. Yes he’s getting exposure, just like EVERYONE else. And to his detractors, maybe he hangs himself on the show. Maybe the show will ruin his election plans. Who knows. But the reality of it is this. Donald Trump has a polarizing personality. SNL knows that, and they’re ready to run with it. AMERICA…RELAX A BIT. (And to beat you to the punch, I would feel the exact same way if they had Jeb Bush, Hillary Clinton, Bernie Sanders, or any other candidate host the show.)
5. We lost a couple more celebrities since we last talked. You have probably heard that actor/politician/senator Fred Thompson has died at the age of 73 from lymphoma. Don’t think you know the name? Well, you will certainly know who he is.
Fred Thompson was on a Watergate special committee. He was a U.S. senator from the great state of Tennessee for 8 years.
He even dated country star Lorrie Morgan for a while.
Fred Thompson used his 6 foot 6 inch frame to bolster his career in the movies and on TV. He was in a few dozen movies including “In The Line Of Fire”, “Hunt For Red October”, “Cape Fear” and many more. But he is probably more well known for his recurring role as District Attorney Arthur Branch on the hit TV show “Law And Order.”
Fred Thompson had been very sick in recent months, as seen in a photo from a short while ago.
6. You probably didn’t even know that the owner of “Arnold’s Diner” on “Happy Days” was even alive anymore. Well, he was until a few days ago. Actor Al Molinaro was 96 when he died of complications from a gall stone operation. 96. HOW ABOUT THAT?
If this next picture holds true, then Al lived a great life until 96, and looked GREAT in doing it.
7. I was one of he CORNBALLS that loved “KORNFIELD KOUNTY” on the hit TV show “Hee Haw.” I did love the goofy jokes and the terrific country music, and apparently there were girls on there too. Hmmm….
The reason I am bringing this show up is for two reasons. Number one, it’s still on TV. Yep, I have enjoyed watching a few episodes. Plus you can buy DVD’S of the show as well.
Secondly, watching the show has refueled my desire to own some “Hee Haw” coveralls. I saw them in Nashville years ago, and SHOULD have bought them. I might not have been allowed back in the house though. And, I CERTAINLY wouldn’t have been allowed OUT of the house with these on!!
PRETTY AWESOME, RIGHT?
8. As many of you may know, I am, and have always been a die-hard Glen Campbell fan. And, like millions of others, my heart is broken for him and his family as we watch him come to the end because of that dreadful disease Alzheimers. You probably already know about the movie that was made show his progression in this horrible disease.
This movie moved me beyond what I can even tell you. I brought it to work and let a couple of co-workers watch it too. I highly recommend this movie. It’s true. It’s real. And it done in a classy way. Some people might say that his family took advantage of his illness to make a movie. Not true. It is done with incredible kindness, and incredible class. You will see Glen Campbell not even know things at home, but get on stage and remember the words to his hit songs.
May God bless this wonderful man on his journey.
9. I am a huge fan of the western movie genre. And there hasn’t been a good western out in years. But now there is. My wife and I watched the new Kurt Russell western called “Bone Tomahawk.” Great story. Kind of gory in places, but yet a good story. All star cast, too.
Patrick Wilson is in a lot of movies recently. And he is GOOD in all of them. I think you will like this movie, but be warned again. IT’S GORY AT TIMES.
10. Speaking of Patrick Wilson, as I mentioned before, he stars in season two of “Fargo”, which is on right now. I LOVE THIS SEASON. I think season two is way better than season one, and I LOVED season one. My wife doesn’t quite agree though. She thinks this season is a bit slow.
11. JOKE OF THE DAY:
An old man and his wife went to the doctor for a check-up. While the man is with the doctor, the doctor asks him, “So how has life been treating you?” The old man replies, “The Lord’s been good to me. Every night when I go to the bathroom, he turns the light on and when I’m finished, he turns the light off.” While the old woman is with the doctor, the doctor told her what her husband said. She replied, “Doggone it! The old fart’s been peeing in the ice box again!”
HAVE A MOST AWESOME WEEK!!