Hard to believe, but it’s true!!!
Your blog is sponsored as always by the staff and management at Pierson Ford in Aberdeen, SD. We truly appreciate all of our customers, and that’s not just a saying. I am amazed to watch returning customers come in our doors, as the staff greets them like they are family. And, when a new customer comes in, we make them feel at home instantly. That’s one of the many great qualities at Pierson Ford in Aberdeen.
All of us at Pierson Ford take this time to wish all of you a very very Merry Christmas! We hope that you are warm and safe and with family over this beautiful time of year!!
Just for giggles, I would like you to see a MUCH OLDER holiday ad for Ford. Man, does this bring back memories!!
1. LET’S HAVE SOME CHRISTMAS FUN TODAY!!
Here is a lesson learned. Probably the hard way.
We had an Aunt who used to make us this crap. Ha ha.
If I was Santa, this would be my WORST fear.
Another lesson learned. Maybe invest in a ladder!!
Wouldn’t you LOVE to be the therapist in this group?
This was BOUND TO HAPPEN SOMETIME!
2. I love the way entertainment news is posted on Yahoo and other sites. They give you a tempting line, hoping to grab you hook, line, and sinker into checking out the story. Here’s one I saw today.
“Is Gwen Stefani wearing Blake Shelton’s hat in this bedroom picture?”
First of all, WHO GIVES A RIP. Second of all, WHO CARES? I am just amazed at the junk that is on the internet that we DO NOT need to know. Some of these celebrities will do about anything to get press these days. I guess it’s all about “staying hot” and in the public eye.
3. Tis’ the season for music groups and singers to hit the concert trail with their “Christmas” and “Holiday” music concerts. I have never gone to one before. Here’s my problem with that. I DO NOT want to hear the Oak Ridge Boys singing “Silent Night.” I want to hear “Elvira” and all of their other hits. Granted part of the show is their hits, but the rest of the show that SHOULD BE HITS turns out to be Christmas songs. Many artists are doing these shows, and maybe I’m in the minority, but I don’t want to see any of these concerts. Now, with that said, it’s different if you want to see the Trans Syberian Orchestra. Their niche is Christmas music. There, the grumpy old man has spoken. Ha ha.
4. Last night, during my day off, I sat down to watch a movie that I received in the mail last week. It’s a movie from 1970 that I have wanted to watch for quite some time. I should say, WATCH AGAIN. I haven’t seen it in years. Remember this one?
Terence Hill and Bud Spencer starred in the “Trinity” movies. Hilarious movies. They were called “spaghetti westerns”, because they were produced and directed by Italians. There were quite a few of these style of movies back in the 60’s and 70’s mostly.
The package of movies you see above are the ones I received in the mail. Two movies for the price of one. I plan on watching “Trinity Is Still My Name” sometime next week.
My favorite memory of this movie goes back to my junior high years in Veblen, SD. We used to have a Christmas movie, where the last day before Christmas break, the school would show a movie to all of the junior high and high school kids, and we could have popcorn and pop with it. Slacker day, we used to call it. Well, one year they showed “They Call Me Trinity”, and the place went crazy!! AAAHH…The good old days.
5. I heard a story today that is probably untrue, but I’m going to share it with you anyway. It sounds like it may be a joke of some sort, but I could also see this happening in some school. Apparently there was a school where the girls would always put lipstick on and press their lips against the mirror and leave an imprint of their lips. Well, the school janitor and Principal were having a cow over it, because the janitor was tired of cleaning the mirror every single night. Day after day the girls left their lip imprints. So one day, the Principal found out who the girls were so he invited them into the bathroom with him and the janitor so the janitor could show them how hard it was to clean off the mirror every night. The janitor took his window cleaner, dipped it in the toilet to get it wet, and then proceeded to clean the mirror. All kissing of the mirror stopped that day!! Ha ha.
6. Great character actor Robert Loggia died recently at the age of 85 due to Alzheimers. You may not know the name of Robert Loggia, but you will absolutely know him by the movies he was in.
He starred alongside Al Pacino in the classic movie “Scarface.”
He also played the toy manufacturer boss on Tom Hanks great movie “Big.”
Robert Loggia has been around the movie business for decades.
Robert Loggia leaves behind quite a legacy of great movies that he starred in, or had a great role in. Here is a recent picture of him.
7. Ready to have some major fun? Would you like to find out where some of the cast of “M*A*S*H” is today? Let’s do it. This show is certainly one of the legendary shows every to be on television. The cast of the show was perfectly put together.
Alright, let’s have some fun!!
Alan Alda is considered the “star of the show”, if there really was one. Alan played Captain Hawkeye Pierce. Believe it or not, Alan Alda will turn EIGHTY in January.
Mike Farrell played Hawkeye’s partner in crime, Captain B.J. Hunicutt. Mike is now 76 and is an activist for many causes.
Wayne Rogers was the original partner in crime for Hawkeye. He played Captain John McIntyre, or “Trapper John.” Wayne is now 82 years old.
The great actor Harry Morgan played Colonel Sherman Potter on the TV show. Harry died in 2011 at the age of 96.
McLean Stevenson was the original leader of the pack on the show. He played Colonel Henry Blake. McLean wanted to leave the show to pursue other avenues, and his departure episode is one of the most popular of the series. McLean Stevenson died in 1996 at the age of 66.
The star “girl” of the gang was obviously Loretta Swit. She played Major Margaret Houilihan, or “hot lips.” Loretta Swit is now 78 years old.
Larry Linville played hot lip’s love interest Major Frank Burns. he was always the butt of the jokes, and the butt of the pranks. Larry Linville died in 2000 at the age of only 60.
The spiritual leader of the unit was Father Mulcahy played perfectly by actor William Christopher. He is now 83 years old.
The crazy person of the gang was obviously Corporal Maxwell Klinger, played to a tee by Jamie Farr. Jamie is still kicking at the age of 81.
And finally, a guy who was one of the most popular characters on the TV show. Gary Burghoff played Corporal Walter “RADAR” O’Reilly. Gary is now 72.
Granted, I could have gone deeper and featured some more character actors of the show. But I wanted to just show you a few of the folks who made “M*A*S*H” one of the greatest TV shows of all time!!!
8. A friend of mine just about got ran over the other day because someone was speeding by him and not paying attention, and most likely doing something stupid on their phone. It brought back to me a memory from a year ago or so where I was driving down the street in Aberdeen when a girl drove by me and flipped me the bird. I instantly became irritated, so I got behind her and tailed her. She obviously knew I was behind her, so she sped up. I followed her into the McDonald’s parking lot where she was going thru the drive thru. I ran up the grass to her window and she immediately locked her doors and stared ahead. I made her roll down her window and I berated her for doing that. She said she was mad that I wasn’t going any faster, but I asked her if she saw the car turning in front of me. I think I may have scared her into maybe never doing that to anyone else again.
9. JOKE OF THE DAY.
Three men die in a car accident Christmas Eve. They all find themselves at the pearly gates waiting to enter Heaven. On entering they must present something relating or associated with Christmas.
The first man searches his pocket, and finds some Mistletoe, so he is allowed in.
The second man presents a candy cane, so he is also allowed in.
The third man pulls out a pair of stockings.
Confused at this last gesture, St. Peter asks, “How do these represent Christmas?”
The man Answered… “They’re Carol’s.”
HAVE A TERRIFIC WEEK!!