WOW…Another year has come and gone!!! I hope 2016 is great for you all!!
Today’s blog and every blog is sponsored by your friends at Pierson Ford in Aberdeen, SD. We are celebrating a brand new year with great lease specials on quality new Ford vehicles. Plus we are excited because the 2016’S keep rolling in every day or two. If you still haven’t driven a new Ford F-150 with the all new all aluminum body, you need to do so. And if you haven’t seen the new design of the Ford Edge, you need to check that out as well.
Stop by and see us at Pierson Ford in the auto plaza, north highway 281 in Aberdeen. Or you can call us at 1-800-627-1237. Plus, remember you can shop online 24 hours a day at http://www.piersonford.com/
1. LET’S HAVE SOME NEW YEAR’S FUN!!!
Yeah, it’s been cold, but maybe not THIS cold.
Speaking of cold weather, THIS has happened in my home recently. And probably in yours too.
The new “Angry Birds” movie is coming out soon. I don’t think this is what they meant, however.
There’s SNOW business like Snow business.
And finally, this one is probably not too far from the truth.
2. I was pretty thrilled to watch my Tennessee Vols play in a bowl game the other day. Then I realized that I had promised my beautiful wife that I would go to a movie with her, which I will talk about soon. I’m not into spoiling date day with my honey, so I missed the game. Apparently I didn’t miss much. My Tennessee Volunteers pounded and smacked Northwestern around the football field 45-6.
I heard an ESPN announcer talking after the game about the fact that my Vols could have been a contender in the race for the national championship. I didn’t realize how smart this guy was. My Vols lost four games this year. One by seven points, one by one point, one by four points, and one by 5 points. UNREAL. Plus, two or three of those games were game they lost in the final minutes or in overtime, when they led most of the game. Sounds like next year might be a little exciting for my favorite college team.
3. OK. Now let’s talk about the movie that I took my beautiful bride to. We have been waiting to see the new Quentin Tarentino movie called “The Hateful Eight.”
It had a BIG TIME all star cast.
Now my critique. I really really liked the movie overall. The problem that I had was that the middle of the movie really dragged on and on. The beginning was fun, and the ending was awesome. I love the movies where everything “comes together” at the end. Now, don’t get me wrong, the middle part wasn’t horrible, it just seemed to drag. Overall I give this movie a B+. I recommend seeing it, but get ready for lots of gore and blood. There are some pretty violent deaths in the movie. (It took me over half the movie to realize I wasn’t in the Star Wars movie.)
4. It must have been movie weekend, because my bride and I saw another one, too. We went to see the new Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg movie called “Daddy’s Home.”
To me it was a typical Will Ferrell movie. And that doesn’t mean it was bad. What I mean is that you laugh thru parts of the movie, then you sit on your hands a bit, then you laugh some more. Some pretty funny physical comedy as well. I get a kick out of watching Mark Wahlberg in a comedy. He is actually very very good. This marks the second time these two have been in a comedy together. Remember the other one?
Actually “The Other Guys” is probably my favorite Will Ferrell movie. I like the ones where he is silly, but not “over the top” silly.
5. So, we are watching the new Will Ferrell movie the other night and his “wife” in the show comes on the screen and she is BEAUTIFUL. And, she looked familiar. Once I figured it out, I realized that she is actress Linda Cardellini. I mostly remember this 40 year old for playing Velma in the “Scooby Doo” movie.
I thought that she was dead on as Velma, and was rather cute. But she was incredibly gorgeous in this role. And trust me, she looks NOTHING like Velma in real life.
6. We unfortunately lost a couple of goodies over the past few days. I was shocked to hear that singer Natalie Cole died at the age of 65. This beautiful singer was the daughter of the legendary Nat King Cole. Here she is with her famous papa.
I have ALWAYS thought that Natalie Cole was one of the most beautiful women in the music business.
Illnesses and other problems have plagued her in recent years, and finally claimed her life the other day.
And now, a little music from Natalie Cole.
She did a gorgeous duet with her late Daddy on his big hit “Unforgettable.”
Some of you probably don’t know that one of Natalie’s biggest hits is the song “This Will Be”, which is the theme song of the E-HARMONY.COM commercials.
7. It’s kind of ironic that I would do a “M*A*S*H” tribute the other day, and now one of it’s big stars has passed away. Actor Wayne Rogers played “Trapper John” in the show.
He died recently at the age of 82. That’s hard to believe that he could have been 82. Here he is recently.
And here is a bonus for you. I found of picture of the gang taken about five years ago.
8. I get a kick out of people making fun of our state and our region. It’s mostly about the weather. The other day I found some cute memes, or whatever they’re called, about our region.
Here’s one for the “Gopher State.”
To our friends to the north of us. Keep in mind, the next one is ONLY A JOKE. (MAYBE…HA HA)
A lot of people would say this next one is realistic.
And finally, when I saw this next one my jaw dropped. Not because it was offensive, but because SOMEBODY needs to learn how to READ A MAP….SHEESH….
CANADA? REALLY? Who created this one? Sarah Palin as she was checking out Russia from her front porch?
9. JOKE OF THE DAY:
One evening, a family brings their frail, elderly mother to a nursing home and leaves her, hoping she will be well cared for. The next morning, the nurses bathe her, feed her a tasty breakfast, and set her in a chair at a window overlooking a lovely flower garden. She seems okay but after a while she slowly starts to lean over sideways in her chair. Two attentive nurses immediately rush up to catch her and straighten her up. Again, she seems okay but after a while she starts to tilt to the other side. The nurses rush back and once more bring her back upright. This goes on all morning. Later, the family arrives to see how the old woman is adjusting to her new home. “So Ma, how is it here? Are they treating you all right?” they ask. “It’s pretty nice,” she replies. “Except they won’t let you fart.”
HAVE A GREAT WEEK EVERYBODY!!