Call off the search dogs. I have been found!! I have been trying to do a blog for the last ten days and couldn’t get to it. But, I am back, and HERE WE GO!!
Your blog is sponsored by Pierson Ford in Aberdeen, SD. Hey, have you driven the new Ford Edge yet? It’s newly redesigned and is SHARP!!
The folks who are coming in to drive this beauty are falling in love with it, with the great majority of people buying it after driving it. It has a sleek new design, quite different from the former style.
Also, stop in and check out the Ford Explorer. We are selling a bunch of these. Same thing as the Edge. When people want to upgrade to more room, they are finding the Explorer to be the vehicle they love. This isn’t your Grandpa’s old Ford Explorer…Not even close!
Stop in and test drive today at Pierson Ford in Aberdeen. Call us today at 1-800-627-1237, or shop online 24 hours a day at http://www.piersonford.com/
1. LET’S TICKLE YOUR FUNNY BONE!
I may have to be more careful at home! Of course, me not drinking coffee ever sure helps!
Ask my wife how I think I am losing weight, and she will say the following.
These could be the happiest pets in the world!
I know quite a few finance managers that would LOVE to post this in their offices.
Sounds like this next family have some “crumby lives.”
2. I have officially torn apart my Washington Redskins room at my home. For the past 20 some years I have had an entire room dedicated to my Skins, with autographed jerseys, autographed footballs and cards, plus tons of pictures and knick knacks. I decided that I needed a change, and have decided to have a “music room” to fit around my jukebox. So, in the next week, I will have a couple of posters of my main man, Hank Williams, SR, and a few album and 45’s cases of some of my favorite songs.
Probably the coolest thing that I will have in my room is a framed case of about eight 45’s from the 60’s that I used to listen to in my Grandma and Grandpa Ramsey’s basement when I was a young kid. In fact, it is those songs that got me on the path to my incredible love for music. I will try to remember to post pictures of the room when we are done with it.
3. Speaking of redoing rooms, I finally got my way (hee hee), so we are now fixing up our basement walls with a Hollywood theme. We are putting up framed pictures of Charlie Chaplin, Laurel and Hardy, Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis, plus a few movie posters of our favorite movies. It’s cool because these are all of MY favorite actors and such. I can’t wait to see the final product.
4. WOW!!! 2016 is being a bearcat on our celebrities. Since we last spoke, a number of celebrities have left this world. Here are a couple of them.
Actor Alan Rickman died at the age of 69. His probably most popular role was that of Severus Snape in the “Harry Potter” movies.
However, my favorite role of Alan’s was that of the villain Hans Gruber in the original “Die Hard” movie with Bruce Willis. He played a terrific bad guy.
Here he is recently.
Actor Dan Haggerty died at the age of 74. He played “Grizzly Adams” on the TV show and in the movie. Here he is with his favorite bear “Ben.”
Here is Dan Haggerty in recent times.
5. The music world took a major blow early in 2016 with the loss of two legendary voices. I am actually still in shock about the passing of Glenn Frey, the lead guitarist, lead vocalist, and founding member of the legendary “Eagles.”
Glenn Frey died recently at the age of 67. I am so thankful that I was able to see the “Eagles” live in concert twice before this happened. They are truly one of the greatest live performances that I have ever been to. Here is Glenn Frey in recent times, and one of his band as well.
I don’t think that a lot of people knew that Glenn Frey was so sick as of recently. The same goes for rocker David Bowie. That was kind of a shock to hear of his passing at the age of 69. It’s actually hard to think of David Bowie being one year away from 70!!
6. It’s crazy how this world. They are dropping like flies!! As I am writing this blog, I just received word that actor Abe Vigoda died today at the age of 94. Abe is known for playing Sargent Fish on the “Barney Miller” TV show, and also on the spinoff “Fish.”
Abe Vigoda lived to be a ripe old age. 94. And, he enjoying entertaining right up to the end. You can’t ask for much more than that.
7. OKAY…ENOUGH DEATH TALK!! Oh wait, one more…THE MINNESOTA VIKINGS!! Yikes. Since we last talked, the Vikings lost a heartbreaker, and I mean a heartbreaker to the Seattle Seahawks in the NFL playoffs. Viking’s kicker Blair Walsh missed a 27 yard “chip shot” at the end of the game.
The Minnesota Vikings have always been my 2nd favorite team. I always tell people that I cheer for the Vikings every week, unless they are playing my Washington Redskins.
I think enough time has passed that I can have a little fun, right? Have you seen the new Minnesota Vikings coffee machine?
WHAT? TOO SOON?
8. Now, on to my Washington Redskins. It was one heck of an afternoon a couple of Sunday’s ago. The Vikings lost in the early game, and my Redskins lost to the Packers in the late game. Was I sad? Of course. However, I will say this. I am thrilled that we won the division. I am thrilled that we are turning things around. But, I am mostly happy because now, FINALLY, we know who are future quarterback is because of this season. Kirk Cousins is the guy I have been SCREAMING for during the last three season. He finally had a full season, and looked great!
9. And now, I want to talk about “respect and admiration.” Everybody knows that the eastern part of the country was blasted by snowstorms recently. Almost everything came to a standstill, and almost everything was closed or cancelled. Except this. The “Tomb Of The Unknown Soldier” still had their guards, even during the blizzard.
It chokes me up to see dedication to our country like this. I have nothing but respect, love and admiration for these fine folks. I wasn’t able to serve because of my asthma, but I did have a Father and two brothers who served. I respect, love and admire them as well. GOD BLESS THIS GREAT COUNTRY!!
10. There has been so much drama on Facebook recently. Well, not recently, but ALL THE TIME. Ha Ha. Because of that drama I give you this!!
11. JOKE OF THE DAY!!
A man was helping one of his cows give birth, when he noticed his 4 year old son Billy standing wide-eyed at the fence, soaking up all of the activity. The man thought “Great, he’s 4 and already I’m going to have to start explaining the birds and the bees. But, I won’t jump the gun. I’ll just let him ask, then I’ll answer him.” After everything was over, the Dad walked over to his son and said, “Well, Billy, any questions?” Billy stood there opened mouth and wide eyed and said, Yeah, just one. Exactly how fast was that calf going when he ran into the back of the cow?”
HAVE A GREAT WEEK!! THANKS FOR READING MY BLOG!!