I have to be honest. It felt super weird typing FEBRUARY 29TH!!
Your favorite blog is sponsored by Pierson Ford in Aberdeen. Well, February was NUTS. It looks like March will be much of the same. We honestly have been crazy busy, and with that kind of busy comes new trade-ins. We have sold a lot of brand new Ford cars and trucks, and have taken in some quality vehicles. The best thing you can do is keep checking our website at http://www.piersonford.com/. We add the vehicles to our website as soon as they are ready for the lot. But, before they hit the lot they go thru a bumper to bumper inspection with some of the best technicians in the business. And then it’s over to our detail department to get a scrub down both inside and outside of the vehicle. Our pre-owned inventory lot changes all the time, so keep checking back. You can also call us at 1-800-627-1237. And remember, when you’re looking at brand new Ford’s, there’s no better place to go than Pierson Ford in Aberdeen, SD.
1. LET’S HAVE SOME FUN!!
I completely agree with this!
I would LOVE to work in this office.
This will drive me completely up a wall. IT HAPPENS EVERY SINGLE TIME!
This next one is hilarious, and I’M NOT LION….
This poor donkey cannot get a break.
And finally, this is completely a ‘JAY JOKE.’
2. Well, the Academy Awards are done for another year, and frankly, I thought this year was horribly boring. I stayed awake until about 10:15 and then finally gave in. I thought the “running joke” of the night was WAY WAY WAY overdone, and a lot of the awards handed out were in categories that I particularly didn’t care about. I know they are important roles in the movie business, but to watch on an awards show is a totally different thing.
I PICKED IT!!! I have been telling everyone that Brie Larson would win best actress for the movie “Room.” This movie was incredible. If you haven’t seen it, you really need to check it out. Here she is with the young actor Jacob Tremblay, who I thought should have been nominated for the Best Supporting Actor category. He was amazing in his role.
I was not surprised at all that Leonardo DiCaprio FINALLY won the Oscar for Best Actor. It was because of his incredible portrayal in the movie “The Revenant.” I was fairly confident that the movie wouldn’t win Best Picture, but I was sure that Leonardo would pick up this award.
My wife and I both agree that Mr. DiCaprio is one of the best actors out there today, and maybe of all time.
And while my wife and I were secretly hoping that “Room” would win Best Picture, we were pretty sure it wouldn’t. We were both correct, however, in picking “Spotlight” to win the big award. This is one great movie. The cast was stellar, the movie subject was heartbreaking and gut wrenching, but the movie as a whole was incredible.
I’m really not a big “award show guy”, but I wanted to see if Brie Larson would win. I’m in the group where I find it hard to sit and watch a bunch of overpaid, rich snobs prance around in their gowns and suits worth thousands and thousands of dollars. Hollywood is so out of touch with what South Dakota is, and what other parts of the country are.
3. Speaking of Hollywood news, we lost another great actor today. George Kennedy was 91 when he passed away this weekend. I don’t mean to sound mean, but I didn’t know he was still alive!!! What a great actor George Kennedy was. He actually won an Oscar for his portrayal in the classic movie “Cool Hand Luke.”
And, who didn’t love his bumbling character in the “Naked Gun” movie series with Leslie Nielsen and O.J. Simpson…..Yeah, I said O.J. Simpson.
Here is what George Kennedy looked like in recent years.
4. Also, since the last time we talked, classic country music lost an icon from the 50’s thru the 70’s. “The Southern Gentleman” Sonny James died at the age of 87.
Sonny James is known for many many hits, but none bigger than a country standard from the 1950’s.
Sonny James had a huge comeback in the 1970’s, with hit after hit after hit. Here is what he looked like in the 70’s. GREAT BEARD!!
This is what the great Sonny James looked like in the past few years.
5. Of course, we need to do some music by Sonny James.
Who out there didn’t love “Young Love?”
Remember this classic? “Running Bear.”
And, just in case you may be wondering, “Hey, I wonder what Jay’s favorite Sonny James song is?” Here it is. It’s called “Little Band Of Gold.”
6. These cop killings around the country are breaking my heart. I cannot believe that ANYONE can say that it’s okay. This country has become so screwed up. I understand that horrible, wrong things have happened, but to put on that uniform and walk out the doors of your home everyday, wondering if you’ve said goodbye to your family for the last time, is just something that I totally respect them for.
Sadly, recently, cop killing hit a little close to home when Officer Jason Moszer of the Fargo Police Department was gunned down while on duty.
It brought tears to my eyes to watch his funeral and procession. Hundreds and hundreds of police men and women from around the country were in Fargo. They even had a group of Canadian Mounties.
If you or a member of your family is a member of a police fraternity, just know this. You have my utmost respect, love and admiration for what you do. You aren’t NEARLY being paid enough for putting your lives on the line each and every day to protect all of us that actually appreciate being watched over. MAY GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!
7. Since the last time we spoke, my Minnesota Wild hockey team made a change at the top. After months and months of fans complaining, they fired head coach Mike Yeo. Now, before I start, let me say this. I am NOT in favor of someone losing their job over a sporting event. However, when you have the talent this Minnesota Wild team has, and you lose ten in a row, and there are rumors of a split in the locker room, then changes have to be made.
The Wild’s new coach is John Torchetti. I was BLOWN AWAY the other day to find out that HE IS MY AGE. I pegged him for around 60, but nope, he’s only 51.
The game of the year was the stadium series game, OUTDOORS at the place where the Minnesota Gophers play football. It’s called TCF Bank Stadium, and it was ROCKING as my Wild completely obliterated our arch enemies, the Chicago Blackhearts. I mean, Blackhawks.
As of this writing, my favorite hockey team is two points out of the final playoff spot. That’s not bad considering where they were three weeks ago. GO WILD!!!
8. On Tuesday, my beautiful wife, son Tyler and I are heading to Sioux Falls to spend some time with our son and brother Mitchell. We also have another reason for hanging out Tuesday. We have been dying (no pun intended) to see the new horror movie “The Witch.” It wasn’t going to make it to Aberdeen, and critics alike have been raving about it. Rotten Tomatoes gave it something like 85 percent, which is unheard of in the horror movie genre. I will report on that next time.
9. JOKE OF THE DAY!!
For decades, two heroic statues, one male and one female, faced each other in a city park, until one day an angel came down from heaven.
“You’ve been such exemplary statues,” he announced to them, “That I’m going to give you a special gift. I’m going to bring you both to life for thirty minutes, in which you can do anything you want.” And with a clap of his hands, the angel brought the statues to life.
The two approached each other a bit shyly, but soon dashed for the bushes, from which shortly emerged a good deal of giggling, laughter, and shaking of branches. Fifteen minutes later, the two statues emerged from the bushes, wide grins on their faces.
“You still have fifteen more minutes,” said the angel, winking at them.
Grinning even more widely the female statue turned to the male statue and said, “Great! Only this time…
you hold the pigeon down and I’ll crap on it’s head.”
HAVE A MOST GLORIOUS WEEK!!