Here we are. Closing in on one of the most precious days of the year!!
I truly believe that Mom’s are one of the most precious commodities in this world. My beautiful Mama included. Here she is with my gorgeous wife and yours truly.
This next one fits many Moms that I know.
Your blog is sponsored by Pierson Ford in Aberdeen, SD. Check out some of the cool pre-owned vehicles that we have.
If you have ever thought about driving a Lincoln, we can help you and save you money. We have a 2013 Lincoln MKX with only 61,000 miles on it. It’s loaded with lots of extras.
We also just took in a 2015 GMC Canyon SLE. It has four wheel drive and only 3600 miles on it. Yes, THIRTY SIX HUNDRED MILES.
Stop in to Pierson Ford, in the auto plaza in Aberdeen. Our phone number and website is on both of the pictures above.
1. LET’S HAVE SOME FUN!!
I must have had a great workout the other night, because this happened to ME!!
Yep, it’s that time of year.
Have you ever thought about this next one? It makes sense!
OK. Here it is. Your “JAY JOKE” for today.
As much as I despise clowns, I found this one funny.
I laughed until I died…..No wait…I take that back!
2. My son Mitchell and I were talking the other night and we were trying to guess how many concerts we have been to. Obviously, I have been to many more than him, but my boys have seen some INCREDIBLE concerts because of Mom and Dad. So, I sat down the other night and started writing down the names of the singers I have seen live. I still have a ton that I am missing, but just off the top of my head I have already written down 217 names. TWO HUNDRED AND SEVEN CONCERTS!!! No wonder I’m old and tired. I will keep you updated on the final tally. I’m actually scared to see it, but you should see the list of legendary acts I have seen. IMPRESSIVE!!
3. Speaking of legendary concerts, I may as well quit going to any concerts because I just saw the epitome of the greatest concert I could ever see. (obviously I won’t stop going to concerts. Don’t be silly. HAHA)
This past week, my wife, my boys and Mitchell’s sweety went to Sioux Falls to see….PAUL MCCARTNEY.
This was a “bucket list” concert for me. I was extremely excited because we got to see the architect of the most legendary band of all time, “The Beatles.” We got to see the Beatles song done by one of the best songwriters of all time. We got to hear “Wings” songs from his 70’s band. We got to hear new stuff as well. This was, by far, the greatest concert I have ever witnessed, and I would go time and time again if he comes back up in this region.
And, Paul McCartney had an INCREDIBLE band.
I still have goosebumps. I have downloaded a bunch of Beatles songs on my I-POD, and I have been listening to them non stop. The Beatles are legendary. Their music will live on forever. And, we got to see the person that helped created this legendary band. COOL!!!
4. One more thing on music. I don’t remember if we talked about this before or not, but I wanted to comment on the passing of Prince.
I am not the biggest Prince fan. I have some of his music, and I loved his 80’s stuff when I was growing up. He’s not one I would have gone to see in concert, but with that said, I completely appreciate the “genius” of this man. He not only wrote some songs that will live for a long time, he produced some award winning acts, and helped the careers of many many different singers. Prince has influenced possibly more acts than most singers that are still around. He will go down as one of the best guitar players in rock music history.
There is talk, I hear, of turning his Paisley Park studios into a shrine like Elvis’ Graceland. OK, I don’t know how I feel about that. However, it doesn’t affect me, so knock yourselves out. I personally wouldn’t put Prince in the “Elvis category”, but many of his fans would.
Whether or not his home will be turned into a shrine is not important. At this juncture we must just appreciate the man, the music, and the legacy that he has left behind. A legacy that will sell millions upon millions of albums and CD’S. A legacy that will make him a bigger star in death than he was when he was alive. It has happened many times before, and it will happen again.
5. GOOD NEWS. I am working on possibly bringing my country classics show back to radio in the future. My show was on the air for around 20 years in different markets that I worked in. I used to call it “Country Memories,” but I decided a change was necessary, so now it’s called “Country Legends Jukebox.”
I am working on getting a website started, but for now I have put a page on Facebook. It’s under “Country Legends Jukebox.” I will let you know when the website is ready, and when the t-shirts are available for sale!!
6. My heart just breaks for the people in Alberta, Canada that are having their lives ruined by the fires. The fires are heart wrenching and are of a magnitude that I haven’t seen in awhile. As of this printing, we are lucky that no one has died. As of yet. Check out these pictures. People had to DRIVE THRU THIS STUFF to get out of town.
We see the photos and we are sad and blown away. What we don’t think about is this. Some people have lost EVERYTHING that they owned. Imagine losing all of your pictures that are irreplaceable. Imagine losing all of your clothes, your vehicles, your furniture, your legal documents. ALL GONE. Our hearts and prayers go out to the people who are suffering.
7. Well, it appears that our Presidential election may be finalized.
Trump is the last one standing out of 17 in the Republican party. Hillary is looking like the winner over Bernie Sanders. So here is the question.
What in the world are people to do who don’t want EITHER of these two in the White House? I have never seen an election before when so many people are talking about not voting because they cannot stand either candidate. I mean A LOT of people are talking like this. I will say this. YOU MUST VOTE. Terrorists and others despise America because of our freedoms, and that includes the right to vote. We may not agree that we want either one of these two in the White House, but the fact remains, one of them WILL BE. We cannot “not vote” and then sit back and complain over the next four years.
8. JOKE OF THE DAY:
( OR MAYBE THE PREVIOUS STORY WAS IT….SORRY..COULDN’T RESIST)
Two elderly women were out driving in a large car, both could barely see over the dashboard. As they were cruising along, they came to an intersection. The stoplight was red, but they went sailing thru it. The woman in the passenger seat thought to herself, “I must be losing it. I could have sworn we just went thru a red light.”
After a few more minutes they came to another intersection and the light was red again, and once again, they went right thru it without stopping. This time the woman in the passenger seat was almost sure that the light had been red, but was really concerned that she was losing her mind. She was getting nervous, and decided to pay very close attention to the road and the next intersection to see what was truly going on.
At the next intersection, sure enough, the light was absolutely red and they went right thru it, so she turned to the other woman and said, “Mildred!! Did you know that we just ran thru three red lights in a row? You could have killed us!!”
Mildred turned to her with a confused look and said, “Oh, am I driving?”
HAVE A TERRIFIC WEEK MY FRIENDS.