KEEP COOL. IT’S ALMOST MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND!!
Our blog is sponsored by Pierson Ford in Aberdeen, SD. Right now at Pierson Ford, you can get tremendous lease specials on the vehicles you love. FORD!!
You will find low lease specials on the Ford Focus, Ford Escape, Ford Edge, and my favorite, the car I drive, the Ford Fusion. Remember, you can shop 24 hours a day online at http://www.piersonford.com/. You can find out all the information on the lease specials as well. Try and stop and see us in the auto plaza in Aberdeen, and if you need any information call us at 1-800-627-1237.
1. LET’S HAVE SOME FUN!!!
I knew something like this would eventually happen.
I actually was with a guy who made this mistake! I’m surprised that I haven’t.
I’m all for a good prank, but this may be pushing it a WEE BIT too far. ha ha
In my shower I’m a Grammy award winner!
WELL PLAYED KID, WELL PLAYED!!
I used this next one before, but I saw it again and laughed out loud again, so, yeah, I’m sharing it again!
2. I am so proud and happy to be living in Warner, SD. Not only are we 9 miles from Aberdeen, but we’re also a small town. Around 400 if I am recalling correctly. 9 miles is perfect because by the time I get home I feel like I’m 50 miles from work. Love that feeling.
Anywho, I have talked on my blog before about the unbelievable success that my Warner Monarchs have had in sports, and now I can prove it. We have a sign up as you enter Warner and it kind of tells the whole story. IMPRESSIVE!!
There aren’t many small towns anywhere that can claim this kind of success. And the best part? The kids have all been so down home and humble. It makes success that much sweeter.
3. I have shocking news!! Actress Beth Howland died at the age of 74. She played the ditzy Vera on the TV show “Alice.”
That’s not the shocking part. The shocking part is that she died on New Year’s Eve!! It was her wishes to keep it quiet until now, so her husband did. By the way, I had no idea that her husband was Charles Kimbrough who played the uptight newsman on “Murphy Brown.”
I used to love the show “Alice”. Vera made it fun. She seemed to never catch on to anything, and always had the comedic stylings that brought the house down.
4. Out of the girls, only two are left. Polly Holliday is now 78 years old. She played Flo, who had the catch phrase “KISS MY GRITS.” It was usually directed at Mel, the cook and owner of Mel’s Diner. Here is Polly today. Looks great for being close to 80.
And the star of the show is still alive. Linda Lavin played “Alice”, and she also is 78.
5. WILBUR!!!! That’s the name the talking horse Mr. Ed used to yell out. In fact, Wilbur Post was the only human being that could hear Mr. Ed. Of course, Mr. Ed was a very popular TV show a few decades ago, and now we find out that the guy who played Wilbur has died at the age of 96. Alan Young held the role as Wilbur during the show’s run, and was still active in meeting fans up until close to his death.
Alan Young looked pretty good in his old age, and I’m not horsing around. OKAY, that was bad.
In truth, I didn’t even know that Mr. Young was still around. So many are gone from that era that I really hadn’t thought about it. Alan Young led a pretty productive 96 years on this earth.
6. This political season is driving people crazy to the point that I declared that I would probably vote for ROSS PEROT again this year. Now that’s a crazy political season. I saw this next picture and had to share it with you. There’s a ton of truth in it.
Political pundits have been saying that never in our country’s past have two Presidential candidates been so despised by people. Something to the tune of around 57 percent of the people polled not liking either candidate. This election season has already been ugly, and I’m afraid it’s about to get a whole lot uglier.
7. I was reading People magazine the other day and I was totally caught up in the front page story. It was about the tragic death of the beautiful actress Natalie Wood.
You may recall that she drown back in 1981 under what some people say are “suspicious” conditions. This article tells the story of her children and how they coped with losing their Mom at such a young age. Natalie Wood was only 43.
Natalie Wood has a “fairytale” Hollywood marriage to Robert Wagner.
By the way, Robert Wagner is still around. Hard to believe, but he’s 86 years old right now and still ruggedly handsome.
The People magazine put a human touch on a story that most people have forgotten about. Natalie’s kids will never forget about that day. If you see a copy of the magazine check it out. It is some good reading.
8. JOKE OF THE DAY:
Bob was in trouble. He forgot his wedding anniversary. His wife was really angry. She told him “Tomorrow morning, I expect to find a gift in the driveway that goes from 0 to 200 in 6 seconds AND IT BETTER BE THERE!” The next morning he got up early and left for work. When his wife woke up, she looked out the window and sure enough there was a box gift-wrapped in the middle of the driveway. Confused, the wife put on her robe and ran out to the driveway, brought the box back in the house. She opened it and found a brand new bathroom scale. Bob has been missing since Friday.
HAVE A TERRIFIC MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND!!