HEY, REMEMBER ME?
Seems like forever since I did a blog. Time just gets away from me and I think about doing one all the time, but something always comes up. Here’s to hoping I can get back on track some year….or decade…or whatever….
This lovely blog is sponsored by the good folks at Pierson Ford in Aberdeen. I say good folks because they continue to employ me, and that says something about them right there.
Have you ever thought about leasing? Leasing is the way to go today. I strongly recommend people, especially younger people to take advantage of leasing. My Mom, two sisters and both of my boys lease because it makes sense for them. And probably makes sense for you. Why? Because you can have a nice low payment and drive a brand new vehicle. You will have full warranty and roadside assistance during the entire leasing period. PERFECT!! If you want to learn more about leasing call us at Pierson Ford at 1-800-627-1237. Or better yet, if you can, stop and see us in the auto plaza in Aberdeen, SD. You can also check out our entire inventory of new and pre-owned at piersonford.com
1. HOW ABOUT A GOOD LAUGH!!
I would imagine that my beautiful wife has thought about doing this for years!!
I tried writing this book once. I didn’t even get the title written before I quit.
PREPARE TO FIRE!!!
And finally, one that was probably designated for me.
2. Chances are you have never heard the name JANET WALDO.
Be honest, have you? Doubtful. Oh, but you DO know Janet Waldo. Janet passed away recently at the tender age of 96. She was discovered by Bing Crosby, and spent years entertaining all of us with her voice.
Janet was the voice of Judy Jetson on the “Jetsons” which started in 1962.
She was also the voice of Penelope Pitstop.
And, she was the voice of the cute little readhead Josie on “Josie And The Pussycats.”
Plus she was an actress and voice-over actress in dozens, if not hundreds of other projects. I find it sad that someone this talented can make her mark and disappear and not get the respect she deserves. Well, we’re giving it to her here. A job well done, Janet Waldo. Now rest in peace!!
3. FUNNY STORY. The other day I was selling a car to a young lady who was here with her Dad and her brother, who I think was five years old. I could be wrong. Anyway, I asked them who their insurance was with and they said “State Farm.” I asked who their agent was and the young boy didn’t miss a beat and said “JAKE.” I thought we were going to bust a gut laughing. For those of you that don’t know what I’m talking about, it’s Jake from this ad.
4. Tragedy strikes another Hollywood star. It seems like an accident or some freak crazy thing happens in Hollywood a few times a year. This time it’s “Star Trek” star Anton Yelchin. He plays Chekov in the new “Star Trek” movies. Movies that are terrific by the way.
You might also remember him as starring in the title role of the hit movie “Charlie Bartlett”, which came out in 2007.
Anton Yelchin died this past weekend at the age of 27 in a bizarre accident. He was found pinned between his SUV and a brick mailbox pillar. It looks like the Jeep may have slipped into neutral for some reason and pinned him and killed him. HOW HORRIBLE. Apparently these Jeeps are under some scrutiny because of the shifter. You can read up on that almost anywhere else but here. It’s sad though. A super great talent taken way too soon.
2016…YOU HAVE BEEN BRUTAL!!!!
5. I was watching CNN the other night, and Anderson Cooper was absolutely tearing his female guest apart. Completely badgering her. It got to the point that I was so mad that I changed channels and uttered some words that I cannot repeat here. I then switched over to FoxNews to find Bill O’Reilly not giving anybody a chance to talk. Someone would start a conversation and he would interrupt them and state his opinion. And goodness knows what happens when someone disagrees with his opinion.
I have one thing to say. WALTER CRONKITE, DAVID BRINKELY AND JOHN CHANCELLOR….WE NEED YOU BACK….WE NEED YOU HERE TO SHOW THESE PEOPLE HOW TO DO NEWS!!!
I will say one thing though. These 24 hour news channels have fueled the fire for “opinion based news.” They have to. Think about it. They have to come up with news stories and interviews and opinions for a full 24 hours a day!!!! One of the things that really make me mad are the 24 hour a day coverage after horrible events like the one in Orlando recently. We beat that story in the ground, just like we do other stories. And, I feel that we make copycat killer and unstable people want to get in the spotlight because of all of the attention we give the stories. Maybe I’m wrong, but I feel very passionately about that.
6. Oh, and one more thing to CNN.
EVERY DAMN STORY THAT COMES OUT IS NOT…I REPEAT NOT, |”BREAKING NEWS.” It drives me crazy watching them come back from EVERY commercial with “breaking news.” When a story has been around for 48 hours, it’s not breaking news. I think I need to find a new channel to watch. Oh, here, what’s “OWN?” I hope it’s nothing to do with Oprah!!
7. I’M SO EXCITED FOR SUNDAY NIGHT. I get to see the legendary Gordon Lightfoot again. I saw him a few years back with my brother Troy and my great radio friend Denny Pitman. Here’s a picture of Denny, Gordon and me. Denny’s on the left, Gordon Lightfoot is in the middle and some goofy Norwegian doofus is on the right.
Gordon Lightfoot has sure changed over the years.
Last time I checked he was 76 years old and still touring. Gordon just about died a few years back from an illness, but luckily for us this Canadian treasure made it thru and is still touring. This is going to be a great show. This Sunday night I’m introducing my wife and two boys to Gordon. I think they will appreciate it.
8. Curious what my favorite Gordon Lightfoot song is? I’ll give you three to listen to, but the first one is BY FAR my favorite.
This song actually makes me cry sometimes when I listen to it.
I’m also a huge fan of “Carefree Highway.”
And who didn’t love “Sundown?”
I know that I’m in the minority on this, but I never ever liked “The Wreck Of The Edmund Fitzgerald.” My wifey loves it though. She will be happy to hear it Sunday night.
9. OK. MOVIE TIME. My son Tyler and I finally went to see this movie.
If you have been paying attention, you know that my boys and I LOVE horror movies and that “The Conjuring” was one of the scariest movies we have ever seen. How about the sequel? SUPER CREEPY…SUPER SCARY!! I don’t think it lived up to the first one, but sequels hardly ever do. The first one was so fresh and a new idea, and this one carries on the tradition and is scary as heck!!! There is one scene in the movie that may be the most scared I have ever been in a movie theater. Right up there with “The Exorcist.”
The stories featured in the “Conjuring” series are true. Or based on true. In fact, to make these movies even creepier, at the end of the movie they play actual recordings of the actual exorcisms. Plus they show pictures that were taken at the event. CRAZY, HUH? If you love horror movies, this one is a MUST!!!
10. JOKE OF THE DAY!!
At the doctor’s office, Tom was getting a check up. “I have good news and bad news,” says the doctor. “The good news is you have 24 hours left to live.” Tom replies, “That’s the good news?!” Then the doctor says, “The bad news is I should have told you that yesterday.”
Tom was at the hospital visiting with his best friend Larry who was dying. Tom asked, “If there is baseball in heaven will you come back and tell me?” Larry nodded yes just as he passed away. That night while Tom was sleeping, he heard Larry’s voice in a dream, “Tom…” “Larry! What is it?!” asked Tom. “I have good news and bad news from heaven.” “What’s the good news?” “There is baseball in heaven after all, but the bad news is you’re pitching on Tuesday.”
HAVE A GREAT WEEK MY FRIENDS…