It’s beautiful because YOU are here!!
Your blog is sponsored by Pierson Ford in Aberdeen, SD. Wow, the 2017’s keep rolling in and we’re seeing some beautiful new colors.
Check out the new color “canyon ridge metallic” on the 2017 Ford Explorer.
Here is a color I LOVE. It’s called “burgandy velvet” and it’s seen here on the 2017 Ford Fusion.
And finally, for you blue fans, we have a gorgeous new blue. It’s called “lightning blue metallic” and is show here on the 2017 Escape.
Check out our entire inventory online at piersonford.com or give us a call toll free at 1-800-627-1237.
1. LET’S HAVE SOME FUN!!
Okay. A couple of these made me laugh out loud until I about cried. This is one of them.
Here’s the other one that caused a belly laugh from me.
This next one was OBVIOUSLY not written with me in mind.
Oh yes, another one that just about dropped me to the floor.
And finally, an update from years ago.
2. WE HAD A BLAST IN LOS ANGELES AND HOLLYWOOD!! You will have to excuse me and let me go “picture crazy” for the next few minutes.
The first thing that my son Mitchell and I did in Hollywood was go to Universal Studios. We had one thing in mind when we got there. SIMPSONLAND!! It was an exact replica of “The Simpsons” town named “Springfield.”
Mitchell and I did not try a beer at Moe’s, but we did enjoy a Krustyburger!!
And we met a couple of celebrities.
We, honest to goodness, did not want to leave SIMPSONLAND. By the way, the Krusty the Clown ride is insane!!
3. Of course, the real reason we were there was to see one of our favorite bands!!
It was an AMAZING concert. It was so good on Friday night that we found tickets so we could go again on Saturday night!! Up until last Friday night, Paul McCartney was my all time favorite concert. Slide over a bit, Sir Paul, because Jeff Lynne and ELO moves into number one!!! ELO was backed by the Hollywood Bowl Orchestra. AMAZING.
Every single song sounded like the album. The orchestra added so much to the show, because as all of you ELO diehards know, their music is based around orchestra. Mitchell and I both agree that we saw the best concert we’ve ever gone to. And by the way, I have been to hundreds of concerts. More on that some other day.
ELO kept the stage loaded with “the spaceship” which they are known for. They had it in the back of the stage and all around the stage. COOL!!
Truly an amazing night of music. I mean NIGHTS of music. I have never flown anywhere to see a concert before. I will fly again if they come back sometime. The only regret I had was that my beautiful wife and other son weren’t there to see it. IT WAS THAT AMAZING.
4. Mitchell and I stood in line for over 3 hours to go to a taping of “The Price Is Right.” Was it worth it? Well, let me clarify something. By the time the taping was over, we had been there for over 5 hours. Yes, it was worth it. It was fun watching them push the games to the back and bring out the next game for the next contestant. We didn’t get on the show, but we are seen on the taping a few times. It is going to run on December 7TH. I will try to keep you posted.
5. One of the other highlights for me and Mitchell was going to a cemetery to look for celebrity graves. I actually was only there for one. This guy.
Deno was one of my absolute favorite singers in the world. I actually had chills standing by his marker.
You will have to indulge me a little bit. I want to show you some other people’s graves that we found. I won’t take the time to introduce everyone of them, as you will probably know them by the names. OBVIOUSLY.
I do need to talk about the first one though. Roy Orbison is in an unmarked grave. Apparently his family are not in a hurry to put a marker up, being he died back in 1988. This is the spot where he supposedly is buried.
OKAY…HERE WE GO. Probably my favorite. A little humor on the headstone.
It was a very moving experience. I also wanted to go to another cemetery to get a picture of Andy Gibb’s grave, but it was like 10 miles away. We had been on the Metro long enough that day.
6. We also had a blast looking at the Hollywood stars on the Hollywood Walk Of Fame. I only took pictures of my three faves.
We spent some time looking for Charlie Chaplin and Laurel and Hardy, but we gave up after a couple of hours. Little did we know until our last night there that you could get maps to find the stars. LIVE AND LEARN I GUESS.
7. Over Labor Day all four of us went to see the Minnesota Twins play at Target Field in Minneapolis. Why? Who the heck knows. My wife is the one who wanted to go, and for her to WANT to go to a sporting event, we had to jump at it. I told her that they were pathetic this year, but she said she wanted to go anyway. Lucky we did. My gorgeous babe and I ended up on the “kiss-cam.”
8. There has been a lot of ruckus over certain players sitting or kneeling for the Star Spangled Banner. I am not even going to get into that right now, because I plan on going to bed in a few hours and I know I will still be voicing my opinion by that time. With that said, I am so very proud of my Washington Redskins. This past Monday night in their first game of the season, almost every player, if not every player, left the sidelines and helped hold the flag. I think that millions of people garnered a new respect for the Redskins after this move. Very classy!!
9. I have decided who to vote for in November.
It’s going to be a clown either way. I might as well vote for the clown which scares me the less.
10. Hey, remember this?
Which one of us DIDN’T order from Columbia House or RCA? If you were like me, you would take the 10 or 15 free ones, quickly buy the “required” ones, then cancel and start all over again. It was a genius idea by the companies. I remember almost passing out at the mailbox just waiting every day for that big package to come. Great memories!!
11. JOKE OF THE DAY!!!
A cab driver picks up a nun. She gets into the cab and the cab driver won’t stop staring at her. She asks him why he is staring at her and he says, “I have a question to ask you, but I don’t want to offend you.” She answers, “my dear son, you cannot offend me. When you’re as old as I am and have been a nun as long as I have, you get a chance to see and hear just about everything. I’m sure that nothing you can say will offend me.” So the guy gets very excited and says, “I have always had a dream of getting a very passionate kiss from a nun. I know it sounds weird, but it’s true.” The nun tells him two things. He must be Catholic and he must be single. The guy says “Perfect. I am single, and I am Catholic.” So the cab driver pulls into an alley and he fulfills his dream of a long passionate kiss from a nun. When he gets done, the cab driver starts crying. The nun says, “my son, why are you crying?” The cab driver says “forgive me sister, but I have sinned. I lied. I must confess, I’m married and I’m Jewish.” The nun says “that’s okay. I must also confess. My name is Kevin and I’m headed to a Halloween party!!!”
LOVE THAT ONE!!!
Have a great weekend everybody!!