I am SO looking forward to next Thursday. Turkey Day!!! Stuffing is my favorite. I am going to load up on stuffing….and pumpkin pie…and potatoes…Well, heck, I guess ALL OF IT.
This blog is brought to you all the time by the gang at Pierson Ford in Aberdeen, SD. Well, the 2017’s have been rolling in, and we have been excited and anticipating the newly redesigned Ford Super Duty. The Ford F-250’s and F-350’s are coming in and they are BEAUTIFUL. Check out the new look.
They are everything we expected AND MORE!!! Call us at the number listed above, or stop and see us in the auto plaza in Aberdeen, SD. Plus, remember, you can shop 24 hours a day online at http://www.piersonford.com/
1. This may be my only blog before Thanksgiving, so just in case, let’s do some turkey funnies!!
I’ve used this one before, but being such a “Wizard Of Oz” nut, I’ll use it again!!
This one is sick. FUNNY, but still sick. Ha Ha
Time to fly the coop!!!
What a horrible call to get!!
This one always makes me laugh.
And finally, I guess you might as well try it!!
2. One of the above jokes brings up a good point. I have always wondered who the very first person was that looked at a turkey and thought, “you know, I wonder what I could shove up his butt that would taste good.” Dressing, or stuffing, if my absolute favorite part of the meal, but where it is cooking leaves something to be desired.
3. We endured our first “blizzard” of the season last night and early this morning. We were expecting 3-7 inches of snow and near zero visibility last night and this morning. Well, at least in MY area, we didn’t get it. MAYBE one inch of snow I would guess. And, you can see for blocks. It sounds like east of us in my home area got blasted, and are still getting blasted at the time of this writing. Schools all over are cancelled for today, and I’m sure the cleanup will begin east of us later today. The good news is, warmer weather is forecast starting next Monday, with Thanksgiving looking like sunshine and a high of 47!!! Hey, we made it until mid November with no snow, and there’s none forecast in the next week.
4. As most of you know, Minnesota Viking’s kicker Blair Walsh was released from his duties the other day after missing four field goals and four extra points so far this year. His most crucial miss was in the playoffs last year when he went wide left from about 27 yards out to win the game. I don’t put the game on him, because the Vikings were only IN IT because of Walsh. His leg had made all of the points for Minnesota at that point.
The reason I bring this up is that a Minneapolis sports radio station had some fun yesterday, at the expense of Walsh. This announcer always names the winter storms as “snow-namis.” He named yesterday’s snow-nami “Blair Walsh”, because it missed the Twin Cities and went well left of them. CREATIVE!!
5. Our trip to Colorado a couple of weekends ago was awesome. I just feel so at home in Colorado. I sincerely cannot wait until we move there in a few years. I love the peace and tranquility of the mountains. We stayed in this city.
My son Tyler and I were driving around the first night we arrived and we, by accident, drove by Columbine High School, the home of the horrible massacre a few years ago. It gave us the chills driving by and remembering the horrors of that day. Actually, I cannot even IMAGINE the horrors of that day.
The only downside of the trip was being in a car for 24 hours total over a three day period. Most of our family from this area flew out there. Smart people. Although, we figured it out and with my Ford Fusion and the great gas mileage it gets, we drove out there and back for around $125.00. That’s amazing!!!
6. Last weekend we had a BLAST!!! We continued our “concert tour” by heading to Sioux Falls and seeing the incredible show with “Earth Wind and Fire” and “Chicago” in concert. Yes, we had seen this show a few months ago in St. Paul, but it was so much fun that we wanted to do it again. Jeannie and I had tremendous seats. ROW THREE.
Most of the fun of the show was having BOTH bands on stage at one time. Something like 18 people on stage at one time.
If you see this wonderful concert coming to a city near you, take my advice and get tickets. I KNOW you won’t be disappointed.
7. Al Caiola died last week at the age of 96. Yep. What’s that you say? You have no idea who Al Caiola is? You might not know the name, but you know his talent.
Al Caiola composed and performed two of the most well known TV and movie themes ever.
Al Caiola made over 50 albums. Impressive.
8. Speaking of music, watch this video. Could this be the second coming of the “Jackson 5”? This is pretty amazing. Notice the confidence of the young man.
They are known as the “Melisizwe Brothers”. Keep an eye out for these guys. I do think, however, that they should probably change the name of the group. Ha Ha.
9. Remember this show?
Remember the cute kids from the show?
Well, the two boys from the show stepped out together recently. More on that shortly. Fred Savage played the lead character “Kevin Arnold.” His best friend, “Paul Pfeiffer” was played by Josh Saviano. And, Kevin’s love interest “Winnie” was played by the beautiful Danica McKellar. Want to feel old? Fred and Josh are now 40. Danica is 41. YIKES. Anyway, Fred and Josh showed up at a ballgame together recently.
And Danica is looking awesome at 41.
Looks like the 40’s and beyond will be good for this trio.
10. JOKE OF THE DAY.
“No, grandfather, you are not dreaming. Grandmother is baking strudel now.”
“I know I will never have another taste of her delicious strudel after this one. Could you please go down and get me a piece?”, the old man begs with what is left of his final breath.
One of the grandchildren is immediately dispatched to honor the old man’s last request. After a long time, he returns empty-handed.
“Did you bring me one last piece of your grandmother’s delicious strudel?” the old man plaintively queries.
“I’m very sorry, grandfather, but she says it’s for the funeral.”