Unreal. Another year is shot. Where does the time go?
Lots of truth in that one! Imagine me at 52. Most likely sleeping by 9PM.
I want to take this time to wish each and every one of you an extremely HAPPY and SUCCESSFUL NEW YEAR!! I hope that 2017 is a booming year for all of us!!
1. LET’S HAVE SOME NEW YEAR’S FUN!!
Now here’s a good idea! Obviously something I would do!
This lady is NOT off to a good start!!
Good news/bad news. You choose.
I think I just found me new resolution!!!!!!
2. 2016….STOP IT!!! GO AWAY!!! LEAVE OUR CELEBRITIES ALONE!
This has been the most brutal year that I can recall when it comes to famous celebrities biting the bullet. The last few days were even more shocking.
“Star Wars” star Carrie Fisher suffers a massive heart attack on a plane. She is rushed to the hospital for surgery, and we are told, never regained consciousness. Her Mom, the legendary Debbie Reynolds, so overcome with grief, DIES THE VERY NEXT DAY. I just couldn’t believe it watching this event unfold. Debbie’s son said her last words were “I want to be with Carrie.” And then she suffers a stroke FIFTEEN minutes later. Unreal.
I cannot imagine losing a child. I don’t EVER want to find out how it feels. To those of you who read my blog who have lost a child, I pray for you, and my heart breaks for you. I can completely understand where Debbie Reynolds head and heart were at. She basically died of a broken heart.
Let’s salute these wonderful wonderful ladies, kicking it off with Carrie’s legendary role in “Star Wars.”
Here is Carrie Fisher recently.
Debbie Reynolds had been in the showbiz business for around 7 decades. She was everybody’s sweetheart back in her early days. And it’s easy to see why.
Here is a picture of both of them together.
And, they are still together. Evidently a bond that was and is so strong that nothing, including death can break. Bless them both!!
3. We found out on Christmas Day that the lead singer of the pop group “Wham” had died suddenly. George Michael, of course, was a huge star on his own as well. George Michael died suddenly at 53. I’m 52. Kind of hits close to home.
We will fondly remember him for a couple of big hits. Well, actually quite a few hits, but these two are MY favorites.
And their multi million selling album!
Here is George Michael in recent times.
4. We need to play a little music for you. Here are my two faves from George and “Wham.”
5. Speaking of Christmas, I have a couple of things to share with you. First of all, our Christmas picture. This is my beautiful bride and myself. OK, I will say it before you do, because I hear it all the time. YES, I OUT KICKED MY COVERAGE…BY A BUNCH!
Secondly, we had the most, ummmm, shall I say “UNIQUE” weather on Christmas Day. Never before have we seen a situation like this. We had heavy downpours of rain, plus thunder and lightning and sleet. Yeah. And then the rain froze and everyone’s yards, sidewalks and roads were like an ice skating rink. Some people in our area are STILL without power at the writing of this blog. Some people were without power for 4 or 5 days. IMAGINE THAT. Well, as us South Dakotan’s do, we made it thru it. But it was CRAZY!! Oh yeah, I almost forgot something. We were under a FLASH FLOOD WARNING on Christmas Day.
6. My Minnesota Wild are currently doing something that they have never done. They are in the midst of a 12 game winning streak. 12 GAMES.
Plus, the Columbus Blue Jackets have won 14 in a row. They play each other on Saturday in St. Paul. AND GUESS WHO’S GOING TO BE THERE? Yep, my family. This is a record event. Never in NHL history have two teams played each other with this big of win streaks. Hopefully it’s an exciting game. Hopefully the Wild keep it going.
Oh yeah. We are also going to a Vikings game. The Vikes and the Bears. When I bought the tickets, this game had playoff implications. Not so much anymore. But, my wife is dying to see the new stadium, so it’s well worth it.
7. All my Washington Redskins have to do is WIN on Saturday to make the playoffs. We host the New York Giants. This is the third time in the last month that we have controlled our own destiny into the playoffs. Hopefully we don’t screw it up again this time.
8. OK. This post may generate some comments. Hopefully it doesn’t. Hopefully everyone treats it as ONE MAN’S OPINION. But here it is.
When Carrie Fisher died, Steve Martin tweeted a tribute to her that came from the heart. Here it is.
Well, a few people went crazy and blasted Steve Martin to the point that he pulled his tweet off of his account. SERIOUSLY? Can’t a person have an opinion anymore? They called this message “sexist” and “unthoughtful.”
See, here’s ONE of the things thats wrong with America. EVERYONE IS OFFENDED ABOUT SOMETHING…AND THEY HAVE TO TELL US ABOUT IT. And they even expect CHANGE because they are offended. Hey, when I was younger, we were offended about stuff. But we complained a bit and usually got over it. Today they DEMAND change. Today they DEMAND that things go their way. It’s absolutely insane. We have become so politically correct that it’s going backwards. If 2,000 people like something and one person doesn’t, WHY SHOULD IT CHANGE? As you can see, it is driving me crazy. Not just Steve Martin’s unfortunate event, but every single thing that’s on the news. Every single thing that someone is offended about and has to be on the national news to tell us about it. C’mon America. We’re better than this!!
9. JOKES OF THE DAY.
How about a short and sweet one.
A set of jumper cables walk into a bar. The bartender looks at them and says, “hey, don’t you be startin’ anything.”
I don’t know what it is, but that joke has always killed me.
Or how about this one.
Two norwegians walk into a bar. The third one ducked.
OK, enough Tom Foolery.
HAPPY HAPPY NEW YEAR MY FRIENDS!!