Where in the world has time gone?
Time scares me. It is going way too fast. My parents warned me about this, but when you’re younger you don’t think of it. Dear time. SLOW DOWN PLEASE!!
1. How about some funny stuff?
Finally, a hospital with a sense of humor!
I think I just threw up a little in my mouth.
Thank goodness they weren’t looking for URANUS.
She must be awesome. He’s always back with her.
And last, but certainly not least!
2. Well, we spent New Year’s weekend in St. Paul, MN. We were fortunate to have your boys with us, as well as Tyler’s new beautiful girlfriend Carly. We absolutely adore this young woman. We had some fun. We, unfortunately witnessed a Minnesota Wild loss. The Wild had a 12 game win streak going into the game, and the Columbus Blue Jackets had a 14 game win streak. THE PLACE WAS ELECTRIC. Sadly though, our Wild lost.
But, a Minnesota sports team redeemed our faith that weekend. And, surprise, it was the Minnesota Vikings. They just crushed the Chicago Bears. We basically went to see the new digs. No not Stefan Diggs, their wide receiver. He didn’t play anyway. We went to see the new digs called the U.S. Bank Stadium. All I can say is….WOWZERS!!
Check out the inside!
U.S. Bank stadium is hosting the Super Bowl at the end of next season, or early 2018. I will say this. They are ready. People will be blown away by it. Now, I just need my Washington Redskins to pull their heads out and get to the big game next year. Wouldn’t that be awesome…for me? Actually, the perfect Super Bowl for me and the boys would be the Washington Redskins taking on the Tennessee Titans. Possible? Yep. Likely, probably not. But, anything can happen.
3. After the Minnesota Wild game, we all went out for some appetizers and such to celebrate New Year’s Eve. You guessed it. My gorgeous wife and I were back in the hotel room by 10:30PM. The kids made it until midnight, but we weren’t even close.
Because we fell asleep and honestly, didn’t care, we missed the ball dropping on TV. We apparently also missed an implosion of a performance by Mariah Carey.
Yeah, I don’t know the words. Actually, I’m not a fan of hers by any means. But, I still don’t wish on anyone what happened to her. She looked and sounded like she was lost. It almost seemed like an imposter up on the stage. And by the way, she doesn’t quite dress like someone in her 40’s. Good for her, I guess. A lot of people would call it a little too revealing, however, many others would say, “not bad for 46.”
4. Remember Wendy’s founder Dave Thomas?
From all accounts, a very good man. He passed away 15 years ago yesterday. (January 8th) He was only 69 years old.
While researching him, I found a Wendy’s store that saluted their late boss and owner.
I’m just thinking that they should have separated the two thoughts of the sign. HA HA
I know it was a mistake, but it makes it look like the body wasn’t even cold and they’re replacing him. Funny stuff.
5. Yesterday (January 8th) also was another milestone, and this one is hard to comprehend. Remember my previous post a bit ago talking about the year’s spinning by? Well, get this!!
Elvis Presley would have been 82 yesterday!!! EIGHTY TWO. That just doesn’t seem possible. But, I have to remember that he died at 42. Here is an artist’s rendition of what Elvis might have looked like today.
Of course, we like to remember him this way.
I am a huge Elvis fan. I have a family member who is a diehard, and has a pretty vast collection of Elvis stuff. Much to my wife’s dismay, this relative is leaving ALL OF IT to me when she is gone. Obviously, we want her here for many more years, so I’m not thinking at all about the deal.
Ready to watch a couple of cool videos? These are my three favorite Elvis Presley songs.
And, my all time favorite Elvis song. It gives me goosebumps.
The younger generation won’t understand this, but we will NEVER EVER see an American talent of this proportion. Elvis and The Beatles will never be touched as the biggest and greatest artists this world has ever seen.
6. SOAPBOX TIME!!
Ok, I want to preface this by saying that THIS IS NOT A POLITICAL STATEMENT. Some of you may think so, but it is not meant to be political.
It’s about celebrities. When will singers and actors and actresses realize that we DON’T CARE ABOUT THEIR OPINIONS?
It is getting ridiculous out there with all of these big stars, and other so called “celebrities” having to put out their opinion on every single thing happening in this world. I DON’T CARE. WE DON’T CARE. When I go see some of my favorite singers, I had better not hear ONE THING about politics, or other worldly events. Why would anyone of these idiots think that their opinion would sway however we feel?
And here’s another thing. When this country is divided almost in half about some issues, don’t the entertainers realize that when they stand up so loudly about some issues that they are torking off and alienating half of their fan base?
I wish that the “other halves” of these issues that the celebrities are pushing, would STOP going to those actor’s movies, and STOP buying their music and going to their concerts. Maybe when their movie sales and music sales are cut in half, they will realize to just shut up and act. Or shut up and sing.
There…rant over….And I still don’t feel better about it.
7. What is going on in this world? You can’t turn on the TV or read the paper without seeing shootings, murders, abuse and other horrible crimes. These four kids who brutally beat and tortured a mentally challenged boy is about the worst thing I’ve seen recently. The four are facing “hate crime” charges and rightfully so. I just find it appalling at what is happening. Shootings in airports, schools, movie theaters, and God knows wherever else. Suicide bombings, beheadings, child abductions, and the list goes on and on and on. I think that social media has something to do with all of this, because it’s so available. People can try to do things to impress others on Facebook, Instagram and others. But the main this is, evil is rampant in this world today. I just don’t know if we can get this thing turned around before it’s too late.
8. How do you make your popcorn at night? I have two ways. I have a stove top popper when I use the kit that I order online. And, I have the good old traditional popcorn popper that you plug into the wall. I use some butter flavored oil, and then usually Pop Secret or Orville Redenbacher popcorn. But the key to this is…ONE HALF STICK OF BUTTER. Not margarine, but butter. And salt. Sometimes my wife wonders how the heck I’m even alive anymore.
9. JOKE OF THE DAY!!
Little Johnny was in class and the teacher announced that they were going to try something different to help everyone get to know each other a little better, and to help with their spelling.
She explained, “I want you to stand up and give us the occupation of your father, spell it, and say one thing he would give us all if he was here today.”
The first student raised her hand to volunteer.
“Marcy,” the teacher said. “You may go first.”
Marcy replied, “My father is a banker. B-A-N-K-E-R and if he was here today, he would give us all a shiny new penny.”
The teacher said, “Very nice, Marcy, who wants to go next?”
Kevin stood up and announced, “My father is a baker. B-A-K-E-R and if he was here today, he would give us all a freshly-baked cookie.”
“Very good,” the teacher told Kevin.
Jeff was next, and he said, “My father is an accountant. A-K, no wait, A-C-K, no…”
Before he could attempt to spell it once more, the teacher cut him off and told him to sit back down and to think about it for a while. When he thought he knew how to spell it, he could stand back up and try again.
Little Johnny raised his hand in excitement hoping to be acknowledged by the teacher. The teacher called on little Johnny to go next.
Johnny said, “My father is a bookie. B-O-O-K-I-E and if he was here today, he would give us all 20:1 odds Jeff will never be able to spell “accountant.”
HAVE A TREMENDOUS WEEK!!