Let me begin by saying this.
A few of you may have scoured the internet trying to find my obituary, but, to a few people’s dismay, I am still alive. I have no excuses for taking so long to do a blog, but hopefully things are back on track enough right now to do one more regularly.
This blog is sponsored by your friends at Pierson Ford in Aberdeen, SD.
GREAT NEWS!!! The 2018 Ford F-150’s are here. And more are arriving daily. What’s new? Well, for starters Ford has a redesigned grill. Here’s last year’s grill and this year’s new grill. The new grill is the one on top.
I have good intentions of getting a truck this year. This will be the one I get.
So, if any of my wonderful blog readers want to buy me a new truck, please contact me. YEAH RIGHT. Anywho, make sure to check out all of our inventory at our updated website http://www.piersonford.com/. You can also come and see us in the auto plaza in Aberdeen, SD, or give us a call at 1-800-627-1237.
1. How about some funnies!
I hope he doesn’t spread his cold.
You could see this happening.
Speaking of animals, this would have been a great prank.
And finally, this is NOT a good way to start a relationship. HA HA
2. Most of you know that my greatest love in my life is my wife Jeannie. I will never love another woman the way I love her. But, she’s not my first love. My first love was Olivia Newton John. Okay, probably not a LOVE, but absolutely a GREAT BIG CRUSH. Ever since I was in grade school I have loved her. I had all of her albums, in fact, I would put all of her album and 45’s covers on my walls. Plus, she was ALWAYS in Teen Beat magazine and all of those other rags. I would cut those out too and hang them up. Wow, I never thought of this before, but after reading this, I SOUND LIKE A STALKER. Ha Ha Ha.
I am shocked to know that this week, Olivia turned 69 years old. SIXTY NINE. That doesn’t seem possible. But, she still looks amazing.
Here are some of the earlier pictures that graced my walls when I was younger.
3. Since our last visit we have lost two country music legends.
These two deaths upset me greatly. I have ALWAYS been a huge Glen Campbell fan. Plus, my wife has her favorites and I have my favorites. But jointly, Don Williams was our favorite. We saw him four or five times in concert in the last 10 years, and have thoroughly enjoyed him every time. All he does is sit on a stool and sing with that beautiful voice. He has more charisma and control of the audience just sitting on a stool and singing than most new artists have running around the stage.
I had the opportunity to meet Glen Campbell a few years back. Here’s the deal. By the time I met him, Glen Campbell already had 30-35 years in the business. He could have easily been a pompous, arrogant jerk. But he was not. In fact it was the polar opposite. He was so nice and so compassionate. He took the time to visit with me and just “hang out” together for a few minutes. I even got a picture with him.
There will NEVER be another Glen Campbell or Don Williams. Rest in peace boys.
4. We are going to start a segment called “where are they now?” Today we feature Mac Davis. I used to love his TV show, and I had the opportunity to see him in concert one time at the South Dakota State Fair. He was amazing. He was funny, interactive with the crowd, and performed all of his hits and the ones he wrote for other people. He also told stories of the music business which everyone loved. Do you remember what Mac Davis looked like?
Mac Davis is now 75 years old. I don’t think he’s “officially” on tour, but he still performs periodically. Here is Mac at 75.
5. OK. I’m not going to talk too much about this subject, because, well, it’s become political and I don’t want to talk politics on here. But I feel it’s my duty to mention it. It’s the national anthem protests in the NFL. For those of you who do not know me, I am a very patriotic man. I have spoke many times at Veteran’s Day and Memorial Day programs, and I have seen firsthand the love that some of these older men and women have for this country. I have watched them cry when the names of the deceased are read. I have watched them shed tears doing the national anthem and the pledge of allegiance. Granted, we have issues in this country. But, personally, I don’t think the anthem is the place to put them. There are thousands of other forums out there where these situations should be protested and fixed. Too many people have dumped their own blood in the soil. Too many people have come home in a flag draped coffin. Too many families have suffered not ever seeing their loved ones again because of their love and dedication to the freedoms you and I have.
Everyone knows that I am a diehard Washington Redskins fan. I’m also a diehard NFL fan. I’m getting close to shutting my TV off. I’m getting close to boxing all of my NFL merchandise up and storing it away, giving it away, or disposing of it. I don’t want to do it, all I want is to be entertained when I watch the games.
The media is partly, if not mostly to blame for this. If they would keep the cameras on the flag, we wouldn’t know about half of the protests. Don’t get me wrong, we ALL have the right to peaceful protests. But the time and place needs to be addressed.
6. My wife is a crazy Halloween person. She loves decorating and finding cool ways to decorate our yard and home. I saw one the other day that we’re going to try to do.
We already have the ghoul, we just need the drone. I said I’d never buy one, but this looks to good to pass up.
7. I did something in church the other day that I will NEVER do again. I had some altoids in my mouth and while they were in there, I grabbed a cold drink and too a swig. BIG MISTAKE.
I couldn’t breathe or swallow for a minute or two. It took a while to catch my breath and get back to normal. Luckily I did this about a half hour before I had to preach. That gave me time to get back to normal. Whatever normal is for me anyway.
8. I love pictures of nature. I used to get National Geographic magazine for the pictures. My great Uncle Joe used to give us all the copies of the magazine after he was done. I was mesmerized by the pictures of nature, animals and mammals in their home settings. Well, to be honest, as kids, my brother and I used to love the pictures of the native women, if you know what I’m talking about. Crazy young kids.
With that said, a photographer got some incredible pictures underwater. I wanted to share them with you. They are AMAZING.
9. JOKE OF THE DAY
What is on the inside of a fire hydrant? Water.. H20 right? Whats on the outside of a fire hydrant? K9P……
My old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poking me in the ribs and cackling, “You’re next!”
After a while, I figured out how to stop them. I started doing the same thing to them at funerals!
THAT’S ALL FOR NOW. THANKS FOR STICKING WITH ME.