HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYBODY!!!! Just be pre-warned of the following!!
Your blog is sponsored by Pierson Ford in the auto plaza in Aberdeen, SD!
Some pretty good lease specials are happening right now. And here is one of the best.
That yucky white stuff that falls from the sky, which will NOT be named, will be happening soon. Maybe it’s time for you to get an all wheel drive or a four wheel drive vehicle from Pierson Ford. Check out our inventory online at http://www.piersonford.com/
You can also give us a call at 1-800-627-1237.
1. How about some Halloween funnies!
See what Hollywood started?
My sick and twisted sense of humor finds the next one HILARIOUS.
I think this was the title of a John Anderson country hit in the 80’s.
I hope they brought some whipped cream with them. YUMMY!!
HEY WAIT A MINUTE….I RESEMBLE THIS REMARK….
2. COUNTRY MUSIC NEWS!
I just heard some fabulous news today. Nashville, TN will soon be welcoming the Merle Haggard Museum and Restaurant.
I am, and have always been, a HUGE Merle Haggard fan. This is wonderful news. This venture will feature memorabilia from Merle’s stellar career. You will apparently find his guitars, sheet music, clothing, awards, and other great stuff.
How much do you want to bet that the restaurant serves “Rainbow Stew?” That would be cool.
3. How would you like to take three minutes and watch a piece of country music heaven? There are only a handful of “live” video of Hank Williams, SR. By now, you know that he’s my all time favorite of any genre of music. Because he died so young and so early in recorded history, there aren’t many videos of him performing. But there is one from the “Kate Smith Show.” The little girl in this video is June Carter Cash, long before she married Johnny.
This is actually the video that they used to make his “Tear In My Beer” video with Hank Jr. back in 1988. They just altered his moves and his mouth to sing that song.
I have to admit, seeing Hank Sr. “live” gives me goosebumps.
4. My new show “Country Legends Jukebox” has been going over BONKERS on the radio stations that it plays on. Last week I made a quick stop to the radio station in Alexandria, MN that carries the show. They said that they are getting rave reviews all the time on the show. I AM SO PROUD. People have no idea what this show means to me. It has been a lifelong dream of mine to have this on numerous radio stations around the country. I am deeply touched. And here’s something cool. My cousin and her husband are touring Australia, and they ran into a guy there who KNOWS me from the radio. Small small world indeed.
5. Once in awhile I run into a song during my show that I cannot get out of my head. That happened recently with a Bill Anderson song. I hadn’t heard it in years and played it on the show a month ago. Since then I’ve played it dozens and dozens of times while I’m walking or getting ready in the morning. Want to hear it? It’s called “Walk Out Backwards.”
6. The music world lost a great one this past week. Fats Domino died at the age of 89. Fats Domino was listed at number 25 on Rolling Stone Magazines top 100 artists of all time. That’s how big he was.
Fats was known for many big hits. None bigger than these two.
Here is Fats Domino in recent years.
You may remember that during Hurricane Katrina back in 2005, Fats Domino refused to leave because he was taking care of his ailing wife. A short while later, the Coast Guard had to rescue him.
Alright, let’s do the music!
And here’s “Ain’t That A Shame.” The rock band Cheap Trick does an AMAZING version of this song.
7. Speaking of passing away at 89, another actor died last week at the same age. Remember Robert Guillaume?
He starred in the TV shows “Benson” and “Soap.” Here is a recent picture.
8. HALLOWEEN COSTUME TIME!
Here are some of the most creative costumes that I have seen in recent days.
Anyone who loves “The Office” like I do will appreciate the Dwight costume.
Here are a couple of other creative ones.
I want to go as the next one.
And how about a couple for the kids!!
And, the ONE costume I DO NOT want to run into?
I might wear a Depends tomorrow just in case.
9. JOKE OF THE DAY.
A vampire bat came flapping in from the night covered in fresh blood and parked himself on the roof of the cave to get some sleep. Pretty soon all the other bats smelled the blood and began hassling him about where he got it. He told them to knock it off and let him get some sleep but they persisted until finally he gave in. “OK, follow me,” he said and flew out of the cave with hundreds of bats behind him. Down through a valley they went, across a river and into a forest full of trees. Finally he slowed down and all the other bats excitedly milled around him. “Now, do you see that tree over there?” he asked. “Yes, yes, yes!” the bats all screamed in a frenzy. “Good,” said the first bat, “Because I DIDN’T!”
HAVE A TERRIFIC WEEK!