Let me introduce myself in case you forgot who I am. My name is Jay. I’m six foot tall. I weigh 196. I have blue eyes, and was voted most beautiful eyes in my senior class of 1982 at Langford High School in Langford, SD. So, now that we know each other AGAIN….LET’S ROCK AND ROLL!!!
Our blog is sponsored by Pierson Ford in Aberdeen, SD. Great lease specials are happening at Pierson Ford. The F-150’s are flying off the lot. Well, actually DRIVING, but flying sounds better. Plus the brand new 2018 Ford Expeditions are in. They are newly redesigned and are AWESOME.
And don’t you just LOVE that color? Contact us at Pierson Ford in Aberdeen, SD for more information. Call us at 1-800-627-1237 or check us out online at https://www.piersonford.com/
1. LET’S HAVE SOME FUN.
Most of you know by now that I’m a huge fan of the “play on words” type comedy. I am also a huge fan of puns. Check these out.
HISTORY HAS BEEN MADE!!!
And finally, I hope I’m not SPREADING my comedy too thin on this one.
2. Well, yet ANOTHER April snowstorm has rocked South Dakota. The entire state was under a blizzard warning on Friday. Luckily for the Aberdeen area, we didn’t get anything. Parts of our state received over a foot of snow. YUCK. My wife was flying home from Vegas on Friday and got stranded in Minneapolis. Fortunately, she is staying at a hotel hooked on to the Mall Of America. POOR GIRL.
3. I’m continually working on my show “Country Legends Jukebox.”
My new t-shirts for the show are complete and will be available on the new website.
My t-shirts will be $20 plus shipping and handling. I’ll let you know when you can purchase them, then I’ll mail them out to you. You will also be able to find out where you can listen to the show at. And we’re hoping to have some older shows on the site as well. I’ll keep you posted.
4. Ever since I was a little kid, my two favorite football teams have been the Washington Redskins and the Minnesota Vikings. I have always cheered for the Vikings in every game, UNLESS they are playing Washington. It has always been Washington number one, and Minnesota number two. Well, they just flip flopped. It’s now Minnesota number one and Washington number two. Why? KIRK COUSINS. I have been a diehard Cousins fan since the Skins drafted him. But, I think that my Redskins have disrespected Kirk for the last three or four years. I think that the Redskins took a franchise quarterback and made a mockery of him. My Skins have been looking for a franchise quarterback for years and finally found out. And they blew it. CONGRATULATIONS MINNESOTA!!
One of my sons works in a sporting goods store in the Twin Cities and he just picked us up a cool jersey.
My son Mitchell has been a diehard Redskins fan as well. He feels exactly the way I do, and he has also turned his allegiance to the Vikings while Kirk is playing.
My Redskins have been in disarray ever since Dan Snyder bought the team. We have made dumb decision after dumb decision. We have missed the playoffs because of dumb decisions made in the front office. We have let quality players get away, and we replace them with mediocre players. I just can’t take it right now. Move down to number two Redskins. Kirk Cousins and the Vikings are now number one.
And let me beat you to the punch. I am NOT a fickle fan. I’m still cheering every week for WASHINGTON, it’s just that the VIKINGS will get a majority of my attention.
5. I have to vent about something. I didn’t dare do it on Facebook, but I will do it here on my own blog. There is no amount of money that I would take to be a school superintendent during the winter months. Yesterday area schools called off early because of our “blizzard warning.” Well, Aberdeen barely got two flakes, and some other areas didn’t get any snow until after school would have been out. And of course, the bickering and badgering started on Facebook.
Two things. NUMBER ONE. School leaders are damned if they do and damned if they don’t. If they HAVE school and the weather hits, then people are angry that they didn’t call it off. If they call off school, people are angry because their kids aren’t in school. IT’S RIDICULOUS. I finally had to get off of Facebook yesterday because my blood pressure was rising.
NUMBER TWO. Why am I so strong on this issue? I was caught in a blizzard back in 1984 and should have DIED. Seriously, I should have DIED. Being in my early 20’s, I felt I was ten feet tall and bulletproof. I went into the ditch and decided to walk to a business that I knew was just down the road. Luckily for me, the man upstairs sent a vehicle by that stopped me and picked me up. Turns out, I was walking straight into an OPEN FIELD and not toward the business. I would have surely died out in that field. So, now you know why I am thankful that schools take the bull by the horns and make decisions that are in the best interest of the kids. It’s about the kids, not about the adults.
6. Are you ready to see what some beautiful people look like today? Most of them have aged quite nicely.
Loni Anderson from “WKRP In Cincinnati” is now 72 years old. Check this out.
Erin Murphy played Tabitha on “Bewitched.” I know how hold she is because she’s my age. 53.
The spoiled brat Nellie on “Little House On The Prairie” was played by Alison Arngrim. Thankfully Alison is nothing like the character she played. I remember as a kid wanting to reach thru the TV and grab Nellie. Anywho, Alison is now 56.
The beautiful Lynda Carter played the original and best “Wonder Woman.” Lynda is now a gorgeous 66.
Every red blooded man was in love with Bo Derek. Her most famous movie was “10” with Dudley Moore. Not a great movie, but Bo was in it. Bo is now 61.
This last one REALLY makes me feel old. Charlie from the original and BY FAR BEST “Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory” movie, was played by Peter Ostrum. Are you ready for this. HE IS NOW 60!!! Sixty year old! Where did the time go?
I will do some more of these periodically. They are fun to do.
Well, that’s all the time I have for now. I will truly try and get these blogs out on a more normal basis. Just know that life has been busy and exhausting, but things are hopefully turning around.
I appreciate you all GREATLY.