HEY HOWDY PARTNERS!!! I absolutely love the following picture.
Is that my sense of humor or what?
Plus it does make me excited that with every day ending, we are ONE DAY closer to spring.
1. LET’S HAVE SOME FUN!!
I swear that my Mom had this talent. Probably EVER Mom.
This next one is funny. It could get you KILLED, but it’s funny.
How about a little Grandpa humor? I LOVE this one.
And, to be fair to Grandma, here goes.
And now, a blonde moment.
2. I just looked at the calendar and realized that yesterday was January 25th. Why is that important? Well, three months from yesterday will be our 30th wedding anniversary. THIRTY YEARS. That POOR POOR woman.
In fact, it seems like every time someone asks how many years we’ve been married, they always end it with, “you have my sympathy”, or a comment in that general area. Seriously, am I THAT BAD? Please don’t answer that.
3. Funny moment. When I was working at my church in Hecla, SD yesterday afternoon, an update came up on my phone that said, “traffic in the Hecla area is light at this moment.” GEEZ…I would hope so. There’s like 200 people in that town. So, I watched the road by the church, and sure enough TWO vehicles came by in a 45 second period. That’s not light. That’s RUSH HOUR in Hecla.
4. MUSIC TIME. Make sure to turn your speakers up and listen, because you will LOVE the memories these songs bring back.
While I was in the shower the other day, a couple of songs played on my I-pod that had me singing at the top of my lungs. (Sorry about the vision of me in the shower. It makes me sick to my stomach as well.)
These were basically one hit wonders from the 70’s. And they were considered “child acts.” One comes from a legendary musical family, and one was just a family band.
Let’s do my favorite first.
Tony DeFranco and the DeFranco family had a couple of hits around 1973. I remember our babysitter bringing her records over to our house and playing songs for us. This song got played A BUNCH.
Remember that band?
Here they are a few years ago.
Tony DeFranco, by the way, is now 57 years old. How does THAT make you feel? He is a real estate agent in Los Angeles.
OK, CRANK THE SPEAKERS! Here you go!! And it’s from the JACK BENNY SHOW!! BONUS!!!
They also had a couple of minor hits like “Abracadabra” and “Save The Last Dance For Me”, but none was bigger than this classic!
5. The other child star from 1973ish is the youngest of America’s family band, The Osmonds. It is, of course, Little Jimmy Osmond. Remember this smash?
“Long Haired Lover From Liverpool” was a super cool radio hit. I still listen to it all the time.
He was such a cutie too!!
Believe it or not, Jimmy Osmond is basically my age. He is now 53 year old, and still performing with The Osmond Family.
You may not think you might remember this song, but I think you will. ONCE AGAIN, CRANK THE SPEAKERS!!!
This video made me smile. So cute, and so talented.
6. OK, one more song. This song is actually one of my 20 favorite songs of all time. Possibly in the top ten. And that is all forms of music…rock..country..pop…everything.
It’s by a band called “Gallery.”
CRANK IT UP ONE MORE TIME. This song never gets old to me. I think, however, it DOES get old to my wife.
7. Another great actress is gone. By now you probably know that Mary Tyler Moore died this past Wednesday at the age of 80. She had some health problems over the years.
What an actress! She started out with Dick Van Dyke on the classic TV show “The Dick Van Dyke Show”.
And, of course, she is probably more known for playing Mary Richards on the Minneapolis based TV show “The Mary Tyler Moore Show.”
This legendary show spawned other TV shows like “Rhoda”, “Lou Grant”, and others. She was instrumental in helping a lot of people’s careers as well. You might notice a younger Betty White in the bottom left corner of the picture.
Here is Mary Tyler Moore in recent years.
8. Here’s some words on celebrity deaths. People always seem so shocked when a celebrity dies. I do sometimes as well, but we have to remember one thing. EVERYBODY IS GOING TO DIE. People like Mary Tyler Moore lived great lives into their 80’s. Yes, it’s sad when a celebrity in their 20’s and 30’s dies, but that also is life. Not one of us is going to escape death. That’s a fact. We always see these actors, actresses, and singers as they were years ago. When we think of Carol Burnett, for example, our minds bring up her great show and what she looked like back then. But she’s past 80 as well. Someday we will get the news of her demise as well.
Ironically enough, the one passing that is going to take down Facebook and blow the internet up is Betty White. She in her 90’s and still going strong. But she has found an entirely new fan base of people from 10 years old up to her age. I have already heard people saying that when she passes it is going to devastate them. Once again, she’s in her 90’s. It’s going to happen sometime sooner than later.
9. I need to vent about my Washington Redskins. Our star quarterback, Kirk Cousins is lined up for an incredibly big pay day. Rumors are swirling that the Redskins might not sign him, that they might trade him for draft picks. THAT WOULD BE IDIOTIC.
My guess is that we will sign him to a long term contract. Maybe the franchise tag for the next year, but after that a long term contract. Fans like me are hoping that it’s a long term contract right out of the chute.
I have been reading some comments from Skins fans that they don’t want him as part of our team. It basically stems from him throwing two devastating interceptions in the final game of the season. That loss knocked us out of the playoff picture. BUT SERIOUSLY? There were a lot of other players that could have made some more plays to help them win.
I just have to wonder what Kirk Cousins has to do to impress people? He has thrown for almost 5,000 yards two years in a row. He already holds a few Redskins passing records. He helped the Redskins win the division last year. Honestly, in this world of “what have you done for me lately”, I just have to wonder. WHAT THE HECK DOES HE HAVE TO DO?
10. JOKE OF THE DAY
Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson went on a camping trip. After a good meal and a bottle of wine, they laid down for the night, and went to sleep. Some hours later, Holmes awoke and nudged his faithful friend. “Watson, look up at the sky and tell me what you see.” Watson replied, “I see millions and millions of stars.” “What does that tell you?” Watson pondered for a minute. “Astronomically, it tells me that there are millions of galaxies, and potentially billions of planets. Astrologically, I observe that Saturn is in Leo. Horologically, I deduce that the time is approximately a quarter past three. Theologically, I can see that God is all powerful and that we are small and insignificant. Meteorologically, I suspect that we will have a beautiful day tomorrow. What does it tell you?” Holmes was silent for a minute, then spoke. “It tells me that someone has stolen our tent.”
HAVE A GREAT WEEK!!! THANKS FOR READING!!