the daily blog is sponsored by DISCOUNT VAC AND DAKOTA HOT TUBS IN ABERDEEN….
1. in our “today and yesterday” segment, we feature a cowboy movie star from the 60’s and 70’s, that i almost had completely forgotten about. remember the name TERENCE HILL? maybe not? remember the movies “THEY CALL ME TRINITY”, “TRINITY IS STILL MY NAME”, and “GOD FORGIVES, I DON’T?” these were great “spaghetti westerns” back in those days, and i vividly remember watching the “TRINITY” series and completely loving TERENCE HILL’S portrayal of TRINITY….this weekend i spent a lot of time on the couch saturday, and i watched his movie “GOD FORGIVES, I DON’T.” good stuff….you don’t find good westerns anymore, ANYWHERE…maybe these pictures will jar your memory as to who, TERENCE HILL is….
here’s picture from “THEY CALL ME TRINITY.”
here’s something from the movie i watched, “GOD FORGIVES, I DON’T.”
i didn’t know this….TERENCE HILL is an “ITALIAN” actor….and a lot of his parts were “dubbed” over in english….had no idea about that before this weekend….here’s TERENCE HILL today at the age of 71…
here’s the famous “bean eating” scene from “THEY CALL ME TRINITY.”
2. YOUR THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
“what ‘hair color’ do they put on the driver’s license of a ‘bald man.’?”
3. ALBUM COVER OF THE DAY:
back in 1982, EVERYBODY had this album…
this was “ASIA’S” debut album called “ASIA”…what a cool title…it featured the great songs “HEAT OF THE MOMENT”, “ONLY TIME WILL TELL” AND “THE SMILE HAS LEFT YOUR EYES.”
here’s the video for “HEAT OF THE MOMENT.”
4. oh, to have the life of the birds near HOUGHTON….how nice to just spend your day lying on a warm highway, pooping wherever you darn well please……
5. well, i did something saturday that i haven’t done in months and months and months…..i barely moved my rear end off the couch all day long…..it felt good, but i’m so used to working on saturday’s that i felt like i was neglecting something…..and i was…i was neglecting my own “personal” time the past year and a half….saturday felt great…..i watched a lot of tv, sometimes from behind closed eyelids……
6. it’s amazing the signs that GOD can give you…..i had to do a prayer service recently for a young person that, like most of us, had some issues in life…..while preparing for the message, i needed some guidance from above, and i asked for it. while sitting in a local park, i prayed for guidance, looked up, and BOOM…there it was…someone had carved into a beam, a heart sign, followed by an “equal” sign, and then the word “pain.” HEART EQUALS PAIN….there it was, an instant thing to focus my message on. the fact that anyone who has a beating heart will experience pain, along with joy…it’s just that for some, the pain outlives the joy….remember the tin man from “THE WIZARD OF OZ?” he was looking for a heart, and when DOROTHY was going back to KANSAS, he said, “NOW I KNOW I HAVE A HEART, BECAUSE IT’S BROKEN.” GOD continues to amaze me with the signs he sends when we need help…..
7. saturday, well wishers went on-line posting messages to CHELSEA CLINTON, and her husband, who were married this weekend…some even gave relationship advice, but that was in a phone call from MEL GIBSON….
8. a new study suggests that SEX boosts BRAIN GROWTH…although, TIGER WOODS and JESSE JAMES may disagree….
9. SNOOKI from “JERSEY SHORE” was arrested over the weekend for being a public drunken nuisance. but she was later released when the judge realized that’s her job….
10. BILL CLINTON was so overwhelmed with emotions at his daughter CHELSEA’S wedding this weekend, that all he and the bridesmaids did was talk….
11. JENNIFER LOPEZ is apparently a new judge on “AMERICAN IDOL”, after ELLEN DEGENERES left…..JENNIFER is trying this so that if her singing career fizzles, she has something “big to fall back on.” (hey cool, another “big butt” joke)…..
12. JOKE OF THE DAY:
A man’s car stalled on a country road one morning. When the man got out to fix it, a cow came along and stopped beside him. “Your trouble is probably in the carburetor,” said the cow.
Startled, the man jumped back and ran down the road until he met a farmer. The amazed man told the farmer his story.
“Was it a large red cow with a brown spot over the right eye?” asked the farmer. “Yes, yes,” the man replied.
“Oh! I wouldn’t listen to Bessie,” said the farmer. “She doesn’t know a thing about cars.”
HAVE A GREAT MONDAY EVERYBODY…