HEY, I’M ALIVE!!! I thought I would sneak in a quick blog before the big day!!
Your blog is sponsored by Pierson Ford in Aberdeen, SD. You have until the end of the month, which is this coming Monday, to take advantage of Ford’s Friends and Neighbors and Black Friday Pricing Event!! Rebates and discounts have never been better!!! Pierson Ford has a great selection of new Ford vehicles on the lot, and we’re proud to tell you that the 2016 Ford F-150’S are rolling in! If you have never driven a Ford Explorer, or Expedition, or Escape, or Edge, or whatever quality Ford product we have, then you don’t know what you’ve been missing!! Give us a call today at 1-800-627-1237, check us out in the auto plaza, north highway 281 in Aberdeen, or check out our entire inventory on line 24 hours a day at http://www.piersonford.com/
1. LET’S HAVE SOME FUN KIDS!!!
This next one sounds like a total CROCK.
There are some people that I know that I wish would have to have this kind of medicine before surgery!
Speaking of the SAME people that I just talked about……..
It’s all fun and games until you get home!!
Some relationships seem to take forever to end!!
2. Well, since we last talked, my favorite high school volleyball team made it to another state tournament. My Warner Monarchs volleyball team has been ridiculously successful in the past few years. Are you ready for this? In the past four years, my Monarchs had a record of 127-7. 127-7!!! And five of those seven losses were THIS YEAR!! Warner also has won the past three state titles in Volleyball in South Dakota. A couple of years ago my Monarchs DIDN’T LOSS A SET all season long. CRAZY!! Anyway, the girls made it again this year and took 2nd place after a super hard fought game with Chester Area. Those girls were excellent as well. Nothing to be ashamed of. Warner has proven to be one of the most successful programs in South Dakota volleyball history, and the girls should all be proud!!!
3. I love when I see a funny on Facebook that just about makes me choke on my Diet Pepsi. The following is one of them!
Honestly made me laugh out loud. Also, I just laughed out loud AGAIN while putting it in my blog.
4. Two Sundays ago, the Detroit Lions shocked the world by upsetting the Green Bay Packers AT LAMBEAU FIELD in Green Bay. Other than Detroit homers, nobody picked that upset. The Packers lost three games in a row until they came to Minnesota this past Sunday and stomped the Vikings. Anyway, the Lions hadn’t won in Green Bay since 1991. How long ago was that? THIS WILL BLOW YOUR MIND!!
Brett Favre was still a Falcon. Hardly anybody even remembers that he was a Falcon. Plus Lion’s wide receiver Calvin Johnson was in kindergarten. Hard to believe, but good for the Lions.
5. My absolute favorite Walt Disney movie is this one.
Recently I bought the BLU-RAY disc of this movie, and the other day I had a day off so I watched it at home. It took me right back to the Strand Theater in Britton, SD, when my brother Troy and I saw it as kids. I was in movie heaven the other day singing the songs and watching in delight as Mowgli made his trip thru the jungle. Baloo the bear was, AND is, my favorite character. The movie is amazing in the respect that it still stands tall today. There have been a few other Jungle Book movies that tried to catch the enthusiasm of this movie, but NOTHING, and I repeat, NOTHING will ever top the original. Plus, I have been singing the songs from the movie over and over in my head, and, unfortunately for the employees of Pierson Ford, out loud.
6. When I was talking to a couple of people at work about my favorite Walt Disney movies, this movie came up.
I love this movie!! (I must have some infatuation with jungles or something.)
Talking about this movie made me think of the super good looking star of the movie, Jan Michael Vincent, and it made me wonder where he is today.
First of all, let’s talk about his early years. Jan Michael was in quite a lot of movies and TV shows, including “Airwolf”, which ran from 1984-1987. He played a character by the name of Stringfellow Hawke, and starred alongside veteran actor Ernest Borgnine.
And all the ladies LOVED him.
Unfortunately, the recent years haven’t been kind to Jan Michael Vincent. He has had numerous health issues including amputation of part of his leg. He is now 71 years old, believe it or not, and is retired from acting.
7. But, there is some GOOD Hollywood news. Actually rather shocking news. Are you ready for this? ARE YOU SURE?
KURT RUSSELL AND GOLDIE HAWN ARE GETTING MARRIED!!!
A source close to them said that they are getting married in 2016 after THIRTY years together. THIRTY. I wonder what made them take the plunge after three decades of being together. I’m glad to hear that they are doing this. They are a rare Hollywood couple that has stayed together, even though it was probably tough being a Hollywood couple. I know they have a ranch in my favorite state of Colorado, so that probably kept them sane.
Here is the happy couple back in their early years.
It doesn’t seem possible, but Goldie Hawn is now 70 years old. Kurt Russell is now 64. Here is what they look like today.
8. Do you know what my absolute favorite part of Thanksgiving meal is?
The stuffing. Or dressing, whatever you call it in your region. I actually could eat a huge plate of stuffing and not touch anything else. Something tells me that it probably wouldn’t be a very healthy meal, though. Of course, what is truly healthy at the Turkey Day table. We eat ourselves silly, unbutton our pants a little, take a nap, watch football and maybe play some cards or board games.
With that said, PLEASE do not forget to think about what you truly are thankful for. Pray if that’s your thing. It’s definitely our thing. We are so truly blessed, aren’t we? There are so many gifts that we are given, and these gifts can be taken away at any given time. Cherish what you have. And use this special day to be thankful for what you have!!
9. JOKE OF THE DAY!!
An Avid Sportman and hunter, Tim decided to tie the knot with his longtime girlfriend.One evening, not long after the honeymoon, he was getting his equipment ready for an upcoming hunt.His wife was standing there at the bench watching him. After a long period of silence she finally speaks. “Honey, I’ve been thinking, now that we are married I think it’s time you quit hunting, shooting, and fishing. Maybe you should sell your guns and boat.”
Tim gets this horrified look on his face.
She says, “Darling, what’s wrong?”
“You were beginning to sound like my ex-wife.”
“Ex wife!” she screams, “I didn’t know you were married before!”
He replied, “I wasn’t.”
HAVE A GREAT DAY!!