This is what THEY say!!!
This is what I SAY!!!!!!!
We leave July 4th for an eight day vacation. It cannot get here quick enough!!
This blog is sponsored by Pierson Ford in the auto plaza, north highway 281 in Aberdeen, SD. We are just across the street from Shopko.
New on our lot right now, a “summertime toy”. We have a 2008 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500, with, get this, only 5800 miles on it…..5800 MILES!!! Crazy. Plus it has a manual transmission, which a lot of people look for in this car.
You can see all the information on the picture. The phone number, the website, everything!!! Get a hold of us on this beauty. It won’t last long.
1. IT’S JOKE TIME!!!
Sometimes auto-correct can cause many problems. This is one of them.
I have had some bullies in my lifetime, so naturally, this one made me laugh out loud!
You almost feel sorry for this fella….Until you eat him.
It must be “bird day.”
Ok. What the heck! How about ONE MORE? (And it’s a classic)
You have to know that a date with Dracula must “really suck.” OK. that was bad, even for me.
2. Sad news to report. “Eight Is Enough” Dad, Dick Van Patten has died at the age of 86. He apparently died of complications from diabetes. Everybody remembers one of America’s favorite Dads.
Probably my favorite role of Dick Van Patten, was playing the ruler in the classic Mel Brooks movie “Spaceballs.” Featuring the classic lines, “1…..2……3…..4……5….”, and the line “Would I lie to you?” They may not sound funny in this context, but trust me, they are hilarious in the movie.
Here is Dick Van Patten recently. R.I.P.
3. So, this past Sunday was Father’s Day. Hopefully all of you Dads had a wonderful day! I know I did. Hmmm….what gift to get Dad. How about a gift that will LAST FOREVER. A gift that you’ll NEVER FORGET. WAIT….I HAVE A GREAT IDEA!!
4. IDIOT OF THE DAY: Sean “P. Diddy” Combs. Most everybody knows this rapper/producer/agent, and one coach at UCLA wishes he didn’t know Sean very well. Apparently P. Diddy didn’t like the way a certain coach was handling his son Justin on the football field, or how the coach was talking to his son, so he let his emotions get the best of him. Sean Combs apparently assaulted one of the coaches with a gym kettlebell. Whatever the heck THAT is. Charges have been filed against him, including assault with a deadly weapon. Yikes. He may be in a TON of trouble. Oh wait, no he won’t. He’s a celebrity.
5. Anyone who knows me very well knows that I am a HUGE fan of Laurel And Hardy. I think that they are the best comedy duo of all time. Jerry Lewis and my man, Dean Martin are in second place. But a pretty far away second place to Stan and Ollie. I had a friend send me a picture on Facebook of the last photo session of Laurel and Hardy. This photo was taken in 1956, just months before Oliver Hardy passed away at the age of 65. Stan Laurel died in 1965. By the time this photo was taken, Oliver Hardy had OBVIOUSLY lost a bunch of weight, and Stan Laurel had unfortunately had a stroke by this time. What a classic photo!!!
6. IT’S ROCK AND ROLL TIME!!! My beautiful wife bought tickets to a Boston and Eddie Money concert for me and both of my boys for our birthdays this summer. What a great gift!! The big concert is this Thursday at Scheel’s Arena in Fargo. It’s funny. I have wanted to see Boston in concert since back in the mid to late 70’s. I never got the chance. Now, I have seen them THREE TIMES in the past four years!!! LOVE THEM. Here’s a photo of the group Boston, and a video of my favorite tune from them.
Eddie Money will be opening for Boston. He puts on a pretty good show and has had a bunch of hits. Coming up is my personal favorite from “The Money Man.”
I have to remember to pick up some earplugs. HECK NO!!! NEVER, NEVER NEVER EVER WILL I WEAR EARPLUGS. I came to rock out, and I want it as loud as humanly possible!!! ROCK ON, BABY!!!
7. Speaking of music, let’s do a “where are they now?” Today, we feature Benny Mardones. What? Never heard of him? I bet you have. Benny Mardones had ONE big hit, but he did something that only a few artists have ever done. He had this song on the charts, not ONCE, but TWICE. First of all in 1980, and then in 1989.
This awesome song came from this 1980 album. Yes, I said ALBUM!!
Benny Mardones is now 68 years old, and even though he has Parkinson’s, he still performs to sold out crowds everywhere. All because of one great song. THIS great song. I still listen to it a bunch!!!
Here’s Benny today at 68. He’s the one on the right.
8. OK. I am NOT a fan of cats. I have said that before. However, with that said, there are some cute videos of cats out there. THIS is one of them.
Apparently not only adults get cranky when you take their nicotine away.
9. JOKE OF THE DAY:
“I was in the restaurant yesterday when I suddenly realized I desperately needed to pass gas. The music was really, really loud, so I timed my gas with the beat of the music.
After a couple of songs, I started to feel better. I finished my coffee, and noticed that everybody was staring at me….
Then I suddenly remembered that I was listening to my iPod.”
YIKES…That would be MY luck. Here’s one more!!
A man asked his wife, “What would you most like for your birthday?”
She said, “I’d love to be ten again.”
On the morning of her birthday, he got her up bright and early and they went to a theme park. He put her on every ride in the park – the Death Slide, The Screaming Loop, the Wall of Fear.
She had a go on every ride there was. She staggered out of the theme park five hours later, her head reeling and her stomach turning.
Then they were off to a movie theater where they ate popcorn and sweets and drank Cola. At last she staggered home with her husband and collapsed into bed.
Her husband leaned over and asked, “Well, dear, what was it like being ten again?” One eye opened and she groaned, “You idiot, I meant DRESS SIZE!!”
Sometimes you just can’t win for losing…ha ha. HAVE A GREAT WEEK EVERYBODY!