ALRIGHT….THIS FIRST ONE IS EXACTLY HOW I FEEL WHEN I’M WRITING THE BLOG….
your blog is sponsored by PIERSON FORD IN ABERDEEN….looking for some great school cars for the kids? or great mileage cars for you? PIERSON FORD has them….check out this beauty….
it’s a local trade…a beautiful 2003 HONDA ACCORD SEDAN with only 89,000 miles on it….loaded with a moonroof, heater seats and more…priced at just $10,950….
and if you’re looking for a FORD FUSION, we have SIX of them on the pre-owned side…..one of them is a 2013 with only 644 miles on it….
for more information on these and many many other vehicles, contact us at PIERSON FORD….1-800-627-1237….or check out our website at: http://piersonford.com/
1. HERE ARE YOUR MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND FUNNIES…
remember how we’ve talked NUMEROUS times about checking for spelling……this guy even upset his MATHER…i mean, MOTHER….
and a note to all moms and dads….yes, it’s cute that your little kids draw pictures….BUT CHECK THEM OUT BEFORE YOU TAKE A PICTURE…WOW…
“IF YOU HAVE A FIRE, GET OUT IN A JIFFY.”
i just want to say…THANKS TO MY DEAR OLD DAD…
and finally, i have one word for the next one…YUCK…actually two words….YUCKY YUCKY….
2. happy birthday wishes are going out today to FRANK OZ….FRANK is the genius behind many muppet characters, and is the voice of many legendary characters including these fine folks….
here is the genius FRANK OZ today at 69….
3. this sunday, country star HANK WILLIAMS, JR. turns 64 years old…he, of course, if the son of the guy that i think is the GREATEST singer/songwriter of all time…HANK WILLIAMS, SR…here’s papa and son….HANK, SR. died when HANK JR. was very small…..
many of HANK JR.’S fans today have no clue that he’s been a star since the late 60′s into the 70′s….and they have no clue that he didn’t always have that trademark beard…..
HANK, JR. fell down a mountain in MONTANA back in 1975 and probably should have been killed….but, luckily he lived..but had to have major reconstruction surgeries, especially to his face……
here he is in his heyday….
here’s “BOCEPHUS”, a nickname given to him by his papa….he’s still rockin’ and rollin’ today…..this is what he looks like today…
4. here’s a couple of great HANK WILLIAMS, JR. hits…
everybody loves “FAMILY TRADITION.”
and here’s his classic “ALL MY ROWDY FRIENDS ARE COMING OVER TONIGHT.”
5. and on monday, which is MEMORIAL DAY, the 56th U.S. SECRETARY OF STATE turns 90 years old…that’s right, HENRY KISSINGER is NINETY on monday….he served under PRESIDENT NIXON and PRESIDENT FORD, but has been involved in foreign policy for decades…he also is the recipient of the NOBEL PEACE PRIZE….here he is with RICHARD NIXON…
here’s HENRY KISSINGER recently, including one at MARGARET THATCHER’S funeral a few weeks back…..
6. some sad HOLLYWOOD news…..actor TIM CURRY has suffered a major stroke…he is said to be doing okay today…he’s 67 by the way….you probably remember him as “DR. FRANK N. FURTER” in the classic “THE ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW.”
my favorite TIM CURRY role is in the STEPHEN KING movie “IT.” although i am horribly afraid of clowns, i couldn’t shut this movie off….he’s terrifying as “PENNYWISE THE CLOWN.”
here’s TIM CURRY today…we certainly wish him all the best, and a speedy recovery….
7. AND NOW…MOVIE NEWS….
my son MITCHELL walked into the house last night after watching “PARANORMAL ACTIVITY 4″ with his girlfriend……i had heard it wasn’t very good, but MITCHELL took it a few steps further….he said it was “GODAWFUL.” he called it one of the worst movies he has seen…..he said it was “stupid” and the ending “was really dumb.” my guess is that MITCHELL didn’t like it…ha ha…and he also cured me of any interest in watching it….
8. there’s a movie that is out right now that my wife says that we are DEFINETLY going to see…it’s the final episode (thankfully) of the “HANGOVER” series…it’s “HANGOVER 3.” the reviews so far has been outrageously bad…..critics are tearing it into shreds…..many “normal people” not critics, are saying it’s pretty good, but the overall view so far, from what i have seen, if very negative….
i’ll go with my wife…..i’ll go because i’m craving a bucket of heavily buttered popcorn….
9. virtually none of the coming attractions that play before the movies have peaked my attention….none except one coming out on july 3rd…..
JOHNNY DEPP can play almost any role….and ARMIE HAMMER looks great as the starring character….can’t wait for july 3rd……
10. alright…i admit that i’m a fan of funnylady AMY SCHUMER….i absolutely adore her on the “COMEDY CENTRAL ROASTS.” she’s funny, extremely beautiful, and has a ‘bite’ in her comedy….so, last night i sat down and watched her new show “INSIDE AMY SCHUMER” on “COMEDY CENTRAL.” wow….i had to shut it off….not that i’m a prude or anything…i don’t mind that kind of comedy, but it got very raunchy….talking about her private parts and such….i love the girl, but probably will have to just continue to watch her on the “ROASTS.”
11. JOKE OF THE DAY:
The local sheriff was looking for a deputy, so Gomer – who was not exactly the sharpest nail in the bucket went in to try out for the job. “Okay,” the sheriff drawled, “Gomer, what is 1 and 1?” “11″ he replied. The sheriff thought to himself, “That’s not what I meant, but he’s right.” “What two days of the weekstart with the letter ‘T’?” “Today and tomorrow.” He was again surprised that Gomer supplied a correct answer that he had never thought of himself. “Now Gomer, listen carefully: Who killed Abraham Lincoln?” Gomer looked a little surprised himself, then thought really hard for a minute and finally admitted, “I don’t know.” “Well, why don’t you go home and work on that one for a while?” So, Gomer wandered over to the pool hall where his pals were waiting to hear the results of the interview. Gomer was exultant. “It went great! First day on the job and I’m already working on a murder case!”
have a safe and happy MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND….