ALRIGHT GANG, THIS WILL BE THE LAST BLOG FOR THIS WEEK…I WILL BE OFF TOMORROW……SO, LET’S MAKE THE BEST OF IT WITH SOME GREAT THURSDAY FUNNIES…..
1. it blows my mind watching our entertainment heroes turn older…today we have another milestone…PAUL SIMON, of “SIMON AND GARFUNKEL” fame, turns 70 today…yep, SEVENTY….here he is in the early years, and one with ART GARFUNKEL, his duet partner….
PAUL SIMON has been on SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE numerous times, and is still out on the road performing…here’s PAUL SIMON today at 70…………….
2. we need to honor PAUL SIMON with a couple of videos….
first of all, here is, by far, my favorite SIMON AND GARFUNKEL song….here’s “BRIDGE OVER TROUBLED WATER.”
here’s another great SIMON AND GARFUNKEL song…”THE BOXER.”
and we should do a PAUL SIMON original…here’s a great video with his great friend CHEVY CHASE…it’s “YOU CAN CALL ME AL.”
2. remember LAMONT, the son on “SANFORD AND SON?” he was played by actor DEMOND WILSON…DEMOND turns 65 years olds today…..
here’s the “SANFORD AND SON” theme, in case you forgot it…
here’s the birthday boy, DEMOND WILSON, with his on-screen papa, FRED SANFORD, played by REDD FOXX….
DEMOND WILSON is heavily involved in religion today…in fact, he’s an ORDAINED MINISTER!!! here he is today on his 65th birthday….
4. well, it’s off to NORTH PLATTE, NEBRASKA today…i will be officiating a wedding this weekend….my beautiful wife JEANNIE AND I are taking off today and coming back on sunday….
here’s a funny story…when i went to COLORADO in june, i stayed in NORTH PLATTE on the way down, and on the way back…it was around the halfway point….while i was staying there on the way home, i facebooked that i was stuck in NORTH PLATTE….all of a sudden, some friends of ours facebooked me and said, “HEY, ARE YOU IN NORTH PLATTE? WE LIVE IN NORTH PLATTE.” i had completely forgotten that they were there….so, we had breakfast the next morning before i left, and then later on they called to see if i could do their daughter’s wedding…pretty cool stuff….
5. i feel like MARLIN PERKINS from “WILD KINGDOM.” remember him?
i feel like him, because it seems like every time i head to HECLA AND HOUGHTON, or am coming home from there, i see different animals….skunks, deer, turkeys, eagles, rats, muskrats, coyotes….pretty amazing…one day soon, i’m expecting to see a giraffe, possibly…..
6. we ate pizzas last night at confirmation that had thawed out in a freezer and were refrozen a few hours later….not so good….they didn’t taste very good…i’m PRAYING that i don’t get sick…that seven hour trip to NEBRASKA would suck if i was sick…..so far, so good….
7. MICHELLE OBAMA tried to lead a group of kids in setting a new world record for the most people doing jumping jacks, and she nearly got trampled to death…but what do you expect? they were AMERICAN KIDS…which meant they were each probably over 300 pounds….
8. ST. MARY’S, GEORGIA officials want to save money by replacing two firefighters at every fire station with two prison inmates….good idea….give convicted felons a fast-moving vehicle and an ax…WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG WITH THAT?
9. P. DIDDY has published a 248 page coffee table book of photos of famous female “rear ends.” yep….now, it sounds like a long book, but keep in mind that 200 of the pages are just a fold-out of JENNIFER LOPEZ’S tushie….
10. TONY BENNETT says while he was on the set for a VANITY FAIR photo shoot, he accidentally walked in on LADY GAGA when she was naked….but, in his support, he WAS in the men’s bathroom….
11. JACK OSBOURNE is becoming a father for the very first time….his fiancee LISA STELLY is expecting…..the couple said they are planning a “natural childbirth.” his papa, OZZY OSBOURNE is asking if he can take the anesthesia instead…..
12. JOHN LENNON’S wife YOKO ONO, if launching a global effort to fight hunger…..and, obviously, tone deafness….
13. JOKE OF THE DAY…
(AN AWESOME JOKE…THANKS, KYLE!!!)
A Green Bay Packers question
1. Last year after the Packers / Bills game, Buffalo released quarterback Trent Edwards.
2. During the Packers / Eagles game, the Packers injured Philadelphia quarterback Kevin Kolb.
Philadelphia then had to play backup quarterback Michael Vick. During a playoff game against the Eagles, the Packers injured Michael Vick and another backup was needed.
3. After the Packers / Cowboys game, Dallas fired Wade Phillips and most of his staff.
4. After the Packers / Vikings game, Minnesota fired Brad Childress and most of his staff.
5. Four weeks after losing to the Packers, the 49er’s coach Mike Singletary and most of his staff were fired and replaced.
6. During the Bears Playoff game, the Packers injured Jay Cutler and backup Todd Collins, forcing the Bears to go with 3rd string quarterback Caleb Hanie.
Here’s the question… Is it just me, or did the Packers create more jobs last year than Obama?
HAVE A GREAT THURSDAY AND A WONDERFUL WEEKEND EVERYBODY….TALK TO YA MONDAY…