your daily blog is sponsored by FLOORMAX in ABERDEEN….for all of your floorcovering needs, see DON and the crew at FLOORMAX…you’ll love the way you will be treated!!
HERE COME YOUR FRIDAY FUNNIES!!!
I THOUGHT THIS WAS CUTE…
HERE’S A COOL ONE…HA HA
1. the legendary KIRK DOUGLAS turns 95 today….NINETY FIVE….and still getting around, even though he had a stroke a few years back….KIRK DOUGLAS is known for such classics as “SPARTACUS,” “GUNFIGHT AT THE O.K. CORRAL”, and many more…KIRK is number 17 on the AMERICAN FILM INSTITUTE’S list of best actors of all time….he was quite a good looking guy back then…
here’s KIRK DOUGLAS today on birthday number 95….
2. well, this is going to make you feel old…the little boy from the “OLD YELLER” movie turns 70 on saturday…YEP…SEVENTY…his name is TOMMY KIRK….remember him?
here’s TOMMY KIRK today on the eve of his milestone 70th birthday…he’s on the left, pictured with a fan…
3. speaking of SEVENTY… this one is hard to believe as well..actor BEAU BRIDGES turns 70 today……quite the stud back then…
here’s BEAU BRIDGES today at 70…he’s on the left, pictured with his brother JEFF BRIDGES…
4. and finally, DAVID GATES, former lead singer of BREAD will turn 71 on sunday…..he’s in the upper right….
he’s still out on the road performing his solo hits and BREAD hits…here’s DAVID GATES today at 71…
5. did you think i would forget to play some music by BREAD? i couldn’t do that…I LOVE THE BAND “BREAD.”
here’s “IT DON’T MATTER TO ME.”
and here’s my favorite song by “BREAD.” it’s “EVERYTHING I OWN.”
6. ARE YOU READY TO LAUGH YOUR HEAD OFF?
have you ever heard the “computer generated” voice of the guy who does the weather for the national weather service?
well, here he is with CHRISTMAS greetings…you’ll love this…
7. we had the WARNER HIGH SCHOOL band and chorus CHRISTMAS concert last night, and as always, it was incredible…MRS. SCHWAN does an incredible job….absolutely incredible job….
there’s a young lady named LEXI BIERMAN who is one of the most incredible singers i have ever heard….she sang “HOW GREAT THOU ART,” and blew EVERYBODY away…
she told me afterwards that she has an audition with the tv show “THE VOICE”, coming up this summer….i hope she makes the show…how cool would that be to watch an area girl on the show?
8. THERE’S ABERDEEN WINGS HOCKEY TONIGHT!!!
our beloved WINGS take on the MINOT MINOTAURS tonight…no love loss between these two teams..
GO WINGS…SEE YOU AT THE GAME…
9. former M.F. GLOBAL head JOHN CORZINE, whose fund lost $1.2 billion dollars, told congress that “he just doesn’t know where all the money went.” and to congressman, that’s very very believeable….
10. according to actress NICHELLE NICHOLS, who plays “LIEUTENANT UHURA, on “STAR TREK”, the part of “SPOCK” was originally written for a WOMAN…wow…so, instead of the “vulcan death grip”, she would have had the “vulcan death nag.” (sorry, couldn’t resist..)
11. residents in RHODE ISLAND are complaining about a very foul odor coming from the state’s main landfill…turns out it is the place that NBC dumps their primetime lineup….
12. they announced the new inductees into the ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME…and i am ANGRY….when the heck are my two choices going to be added…..this world is so backwards when “JOSIE AND THE PUSSYCATS”, and “THE BANANA SPLITS” can’t get in the hall…
13. JOKE OF THE DAY:
Taxiing down the tarmac, the jetliner abruptly stopped, turned around and returned to the gate.
After an hour long wait, it finally took off.
A concerned passenger asked the flight attendant, “What was the problem?”
“The pilot was bothered by a noise he heard in the engine,” explained the flight attendant, “and it took us a while to find a new pilot.”
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND MY FRIENDS..