1. most importantly this morning, i want to tell you that ROBIN GIBB of the BEE GEE’S died yesterday at the age of 62….ROBIN had been sick with cancer for quite some time….
we’re going to feature ROBIN and his brothers this morning…..here is an early picture of ROBIN, MAURICE, AND BARRY GIBB…
here’s a great picture of the BEE GEES with their little brother, the late ANDY GIBB….
and here are a couple of pictures of ROBIN by himself…the first one is OBVIOUSLY during the disco era….
and as you can tell, cancer took it’s toll on ROBIN GIBB…
four GIBB brothers..only one left, and that’s brother BARRY….
rest in peace ROBIN GIBB…..
2. here are a couple of songs by ROBIN GIBB and the BEE GEE’S..
here they are from a dvd made in LAS VEGAS, one of my favorite dvd’s in my collection…
this is ROBIN GIBB singing the big hit “I STARTED A JOKE.”
ROBIN GIBB has a couple of solo hits back in the 80’s….the best one, and my favorite was “BOYS DO FALL IN LOVE.”
3. here come your monday funnies….
i agree with this one….
being a diehard “WIZARD OF OZ” fan, i loved this one…
sorry VIKING’S fans…i couldn’t resist…
4. happy birthday wishes are going out today to singer LEO SAYER…he turns 64 today…..he is known for great hits like “WHEN I NEED YOU”, “YOU MAKE ME FEEL LIKE DANCING”, and many others….remember him?
here is LEO SAYER today at 64….
5. here come a couple of LEO SAYER tunes…
this is “LONG TALL GLASSES”…title doesn’t sound familiar? you WILL know the song…
and here is “YOU MAKE ME FEEL LIKE DANCING.”
6. also, actor JUDGE REINHOLD has a birthday today…he turns 55 today…you probably remember him in the memorable role on “FAST TIMES AT RIDGEMONT HIGH.”
and here is JUDGE with EDDIE MURPHY and JOHN ASHTON in “BEVERLY HILLS COP.”
here is JUDGE REINHOLD today at 55…..
7. JEANNIE AND I were super busy with graduations this weekend….we made it to WARNER and BRITTON HECLA, but we celebrated with some other friends as well….
we did, however, find time last night to finally see the movie “THE AVENGERS.”
FANTASTIC MOVIE!!! we laughed all the way thru it….humor, thrilling scenes, and all everything we had hoped for from our favorite super heroes….
ROBERT DOWNEY, JR., once again stole the show as “IRONMAN”, but also MARK RUFFALO added plenty of humor as “THE HULK.” if you love comic book characters and super heroes, you don’t want to miss this one….
8. three weeks from today we will be leaving for COLORADO for a week…it cannot get here fast enough….as i have mentioned before, burnout has set in…my vacation days so far this year have been used on church, my surgery, and my dad’s health…..this will be the only week of the year dedicated to my wife and kids…sad, huh?
9. YANKEE CANDLE has launched a limited edition candle that smells like a MAN CAVE…yuck…..fart smells and empty beer can smells sold separately….
10. FLOYD CREEKMORE of GREAT FALLS, MONTANA is a retired circus clown who still performs for sick children thru the SHRINER’S….he is 95 years old, and has won a guiness record as the world’s oldest clown….oh, c’mon…check again…there HAS to a clown that old in CONGRESS…
11. DISNEYLAND TOKYO announced that they are going to allow same sex couples to get married in their theme park…so far, 4 of the 7 dwarfs have come out….
12. MICK JAGGER was host and musical guest of SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE over the weekend….usually when MICK is up for an hour and a half until 1:00am, it’s because of his prostate….
13. “KEEPING UP WITH THE KARDASHIANS” kicked off it’s seventh season last night on E! network, followed by the premiere of “MRS. EASTWOOD AND COMPANY”, which follows CLINT EASTWOOD’S wife and family….CLINT appeared briefly on the show, marking the very first time that someone showed up on a reality show that had AN ACTUAL JOB….
14. a woman working at an ARBY’S in MICHIGAN, severed her finger which was then inadvertently served in a roast beef sandwich, and NOW the REAL fingerpointing begins….
15. JOKE OF THE DAY:
A man, his wife, and mother-in-law went on vacation to the Holy Land. While they were there the mother-in-law passed away.
The undertaker told them, “You can have her shipped home for $5,000, or you can bury her here in the Holy Land for $150.00.”
The man thought about it and told him he would just have her shipped home.
The undertaker asked, “Why? Why would you spend $5,000 to ship your mother-in-law home, when it would be wonderful to be buried here and spend only $150.00?”
The man said, “A man died here over 2000 years ago, he was buried here, and three days later he rose from the dead. I just can’t take that chance.”
HA HA…GOOD ONE…
ENJOY YOUR MONDAY…