HANG ON BOYS AND GIRLS…..
we’re looking at a high of 55 today….CRIPES….we won’t know how to act…however, in typical SOUTH DAKOTA fashion, we’re looking at a rain/snow combination for about five days straight starting friday……wouldn’t you know?
your blog is sponsored by PIERSON FORD in ABERDEEN….our pre-owned lot is insane….aisle after aisle of fantastic deals….one of the great things about PIERSON FORD, and there are MANY, is the fact that they carry about every make and model of pre-owned vehicles……suv’s, pickups, cars,….good school cars….great mileage cars…you name it we have it….and if there is something you’re looking for that we do not have, WE CAN TRY AND FIND IT FOR YOU…that’s right……check us out on the web at:
or call us at 1-800-627-1237……
1. friday night should be fun…the DAGO in WARNER is sponsoring an “adult prom”…..we had this idea years ago and never got it off the ground….but thanks to the new management at the DAGO, we’re going to do it…my beautiful wife and i, along with our great group of friends are going…….i’m wearing a white tux with dark pinstripes and pink tie……hopefully pictures to come on monday…..
2. HERE ARE YOUR FUNNIES….
i’ve always wondered about the following….(actually i’ve NEVER wondered about it.)
DON’T DO IT…FOR GOODNESS SAKES, DON’T DO IT!!!!!
in wonder if some day i’ll be playing the following game…..
i love the next one….
and finally……it’s the little engine that….ummm….well……..
3. the legendary and reclusive DORIS DAY turns 89 today…..there is somewhat of a dispute as to her age, but we’re sticking with 89……DORIS DAY does not do many appearances out of her home in the past quite a few years…….DORIS DAY was one beautiful actress and singer…..you’ll probably remember her from “THE DORIS DAY SHOW.”
remember the opening theme song? this is from season four….
here’s the whole song of her hit “QUE SERA SERA”….
here is DORIS DAY with her favorite co-star ROCK HUDSON….
as i mentioned, DORIS DAY is not seen out in public much…here’s a picture from a couple of years ago…..
4. the great TONY ORLANDO turns 69 today….yes, of course i’ll play some music coming up…..here’s an early picture of TONY ORLANDO…
TONY ORLANDO was best friends with actor FREDDIE PRINZE….he, of course, was devastated when FREDDIE PRINZE took his own life, in front of his manager back in 1977….FREDDIE PRINZE was only 22…he starred in “CHICO AND THE MAN”, and yes, FREDDIE is the father of FREDDIE PRINZE, JR…..
however, TONY ORLANDO is mostly known for his hits with “TONY ORLANDO AND DAWN.”
here’s TONY ORLANDO today at 69, including one with his “DAWN” partners……
5. you absolutely CANNOT do a TONY ORLANDO tribute without “TIE A YELLOW RIBBON ROUND THE OLD OAK TREE.”
here’s “KNOCK THREE TIMES.”
and, one of my own personal favorites, “SAY HAS ANYBODY SEEN MY SWEET GYPSY ROSE.”
6. and finally, actress MARSHA MASON turns 71 today….she actually received four OSCAR nominations for roles in the movies “THE GOODBYE GIRL,” “CINDERELLA LIBERTY”, “CHAPTER TWO”, and “ONLY WHEN I LAUGH.” here’s MARSHA MASON years ago…..
here’s MARSHA MASON today, including one with DEBRA WINGER….
7. MOVIE NEWS:
i’m pretty excited….just found out that “FINDING NEMO 2” is going to be coming out….
my wife and i love the original movie….and even though we’re “old people”, we’ll still be going to see it…guaranteed…..
in other movies, i DO NOT plan on going to “JURASSIC PARK 3D”, unless my wife really wants to see it…….i find it very greedy that these movie companies keep bringing back the classics in 3D in order to make a few million dollars more…….although, maybe the dinosaurs will look pretty incredible in 3D….
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HOLLYWOOD….do NOT do a 3D version of “THE WIZARD OF OZ.” i mean the original…i actually love the new one that’s out…..
8. a couple of NFL coaches died this week….
JACK PARDEE, who starred at TEXAS A & M, died at the age of 76….he played football for my WASHINGTON REDSKINS and the LOS ANGELES RAMS, and he coached the REDSKINS and the CHICAGO BEARS….but he’s mostly known for coaching the HOUSTON OILERS…and no, this man is not in the HALL OF FAME…although he probably should be…..
and, former NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS coach CHUCK FAIRBANKS died at the age of 79…….he was a legendary coach at the UNIVERSITY OF OKLAHOMA, but gained notoriety as the PATRIOTS coach…until he left under a cloud of scrutiny…..with his contract still intact, FAIRBANKS secretly accepted the head coaching job at the UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO in 1978……which, of course, angered PATRIOTS players, coaches, owners and fans…….anyway, he passed away this week from cancer……
9. one more sporting note……WHAT HEARTBREAK LAST NIGHT IN MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL…..
TEXAS RANGERS pitcher YU DARVISH was ONE OUT away from a perfect game when an ASTRO’S hitter knocked one up the middle for the first hit of the game…….wow…that had to be painful for the pitcher……this guy is amazing…he signed a huge contract with the RANGERS, but apparently might be worth every dollar…..
10. SOMEBODY HAS TOO MUCH TIME ON THEIR HANDS……..pictures are now being posted of BARBIE with no makeup….SERIOUSLY?
rings around the eyes….braces….wow……once again, i’ve always wondered…(okay, i haven’t)…
11. JOKE OF THE DAY:
A stingy old lawyer who had been diagnosed with a terminal illness was determined to prove wrong the saying, “You can’t take it with you.”
After much thought and consideration, the old ambulance-chaser finally figured out how to take at least some of his money with him when he died. He instructed his wife to go to the bank and withdraw enough money to fill two pillow cases. He then directed her to take the bags of money to the attic and leave them directly above his bed so that when he died he could grab them on his way to heaven.
Several weeks after the funeral, the deceased lawyer’s wife, up in the attic cleaning, came upon the two forgotten pillow cases stuffed with cash.
“Oh, that darned old fool,” she exclaimed. “I knew he should have had me put the money in the basement.”
HAVE A GREAT DAY….